Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Sep 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
Good luck to your daughter for her visa appointment catlady; sending her our very best wishes for her future employment whichever ship she gets.
Here's a virtual (((hug))) for you too
Thank you so much for your good wishes 🥰. Xx
Old 1 Oct 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks everyone, she's super excited regardless of whichever ship she ends up on. I've just seen a YouTube video which shows just how quiet the cruises are atm... Hope your daughter is placed on the Dream catlady, that would be lovely. Say hi if you see her guys, she's been warned - I've told her to look for all you lovely dibbers
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 21, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fraggle35 View Post
Thanks everyone, she's super excited regardless of whichever ship she ends up on. I've just seen a YouTube video which shows just how quiet the cruises are atm... Hope your daughter is placed on the Dream catlady, that would be lovely. Say hi if you see her guys, she's been warned - I've told her to look for all you lovely dibbers
Hope your dd arrived safely and you are OK 🥲. Keep us posted on how her training goes this week 😊.

I'll let you know when my dd gets her date and ship etc. Xx
Old 8 Oct 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

After renewing her lifeguard (USA) training this week at Disney's Retreat, the new cruise crew members were confined to their rooms for the last 3 days.This morning at 5am, they were picked up and taken to the ship, where after doing another pcr test, they finally boarded. Katie's said they are continuing their training on the ship now but sent a picture showing some rather excited recruits.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh wow Fraggle35 - hope your daughter is having fun - and getting plenty of sleep, her working hours must be exhausting.
I'm wondering which ship she's been allocated to?
We have a cruise on the Dream next February, would love to say Hi to her if she's on that ship
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
That’s great news. My daughter had an interview last week but was advised she needed a bit more experience (she wants to do theatre technician work).

She’s going to try and get more experience and reapply next year.
Bev, has she done a degree in Technical Theatre? If not she should look at the Creative Venue Technician apprenticeships and see if she can find something. I know Theatres are starting to employ them again and I have some contacts re maybe finding some experience if you message me.

Edited at 11:40 PM.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Ah thanks Snow White, she's just completed 2 weeks of training on the Dream and is now moving to the Magic out of Miami. She says there are lots of changes atm and some of the new recruits are moving around quite a bit depending on current crews on each ship. There is also a chance she could by moved onto her original ship, the Wonder at a later date, making it 3 different ships in one contract... a real rarity.
Old 16 Oct 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
Bev, has she done a degree in Technical Theatre? If not she should look at the Creative Venue Technician apprenticeships and see if she can find something. I know Theatres are starting to employ them again and I have some contacts re maybe finding some experience if you message me.
Her degree is in Theatre Design. She has got some work experience teching this week, which she is hopeful may lead to more work.

I will look at the creative venue. Thank you
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Ah thanks Snow White, she's just completed 2 weeks of training on the Dream and is now moving to the Magic out of Miami. She says there are lots of changes atm and some of the new recruits are moving around quite a bit depending on current crews on each ship. There is also a chance she could by moved onto her original ship, the Wonder at a later date, making it 3 different ships in one contract... a real rarity.
Thanks for the update on your dd, I'm following with interest 😀. I'm guessing the situation is very fluid at the minute with staffing? Bookings are very fluid with last minute cancellations, because of testing etc. Must be a real headache to get the right number of staff in the right place! I was thinking of booking a short trip to see my dd when we knew what ship she was on! Better hold off that if she'll be moving about! 😬.

Do you mind me asking how you are keeping in contact with your dd? I believe crew have to pay for Internet and we are looking into international sim cards too? Thanks 👋. Xx
Old 29 Oct 21, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry Catlady, only just seen your question. She has a Three contract which includes roaming and has taken her laptop too. At the moment it's no bother as as soon as she gets into Miami or port she can use her phone as normal. We use Messenger mostly as I can see or hear her and she can send quick videos , once she's set sail I just send her a text to say night etc and she doesn't use much data at all. To be fair it's better than I thought it would be but most of the cruises are quite short so hear from her every couple of days. Hope your daughter is ok and has been allocated a ship now.