Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Oct 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I was mad the other day when he gave out wrong DAS info though.
I watch his vlogs and I did see this, I was like erm I don’t think so haha.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
So is that done by booking one every 2 hours?
Yes. I don't think I can link to the blog post because they normally get modded out, but it has the full details of what time they booked at and what slot they were able to get if you're curious.

I was thinking of you when I posted the update as I know it was a concern of yours.

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
that's useful, can you change them once you've booked do you know?
Genie+ can be amended or cancelled. It's just ILLS that is locked in once you've purchased it.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Yes. I don't think I can link to the blog post because they normally get modded out, but it has the full details of what time they booked at and what slot they were able to get if you're curious.

I was thinking of you when I posted the update as I know it was a concern of yours.

Genie+ can be amended or cancelled. It's just ILLS that is locked in once you've purchased it.
Thank you. I'll have a look at that

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sixpence18
Serious Dibber

I’m catching up - thank you to everyone who recommended different vloggers. I’ll definitely be checking them out

What strikes me from reading through this thread is how much we’ll need to be on our phones all day to use genie!
sixpence18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I am just on the train having being out all day.
So what’s the verdict? Will it work? Is it any good? Worth the money etc? Will it cope with big crowds? Or is the jury still out?
Old 19 Oct 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
WDWNT reporting that stacking Genie+ passes is working. They were able to stack 4 afternoon/evening LL passes at HS by booking between 7am and 3pm, all for slots starting at 3:30pm or later. So this could work really well for people doing a pool day before heading to the parks later in the day. Just check your phone every couple of hours (ETA: it's a 2 hour minimum between booking if you don't use the pass in the meantime) and keep adding late passes.
This is exactly what we did in California - a morning in the park, then heading back to the Disneyland Hotel to chill whilst stacking up MaxPasses for when we returned in the evening.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

I’m a bit lost with the stacking up passes bit …I thought you could only get your pass for the next ride once you scanned in for one ?
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
I’m a bit lost with the stacking up passes bit …I thought you could only get your pass for the next ride once you scanned in for one ?
You can get your next pass once you've scanned in, or two hours after making your last booking - whichever comes first.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

You can get your next pass once you've scanned in, or two hours after making your last booking - whichever comes first.
I'm a bit confused by the WDWNT post about stacking passes. Unless I'm reading it wrong, it says they got their first pass at 7am for SDD (they go quickly if you can get 3pm+ slots at 7am!), and then the next was 2 hours after park opening, so 11am, rather than 9am which would be 2 hours after the first selection. Then the following ones at 1pm and 3pm. So, if that's right, when trying to stack for an sfternoon/evening visit, the second one is 2 hours after park opening?

I'm actually more interested to see how free Genie works and if it makes a difference to queue times, so it will be good to see when those reports go up, rather than G+ ones.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Kinda explained above, but I'll illustrate with an example...

Say you visit the Magic Kingdom at rope drop and blitz the rides for a few hours. You leave the park at 1 to head back to your hotel for a swim.

As you do so, you make a LL reservation for Big Thunder at 6pm.

At 3pm (ie 1pm when you made the last reservation plus 2 hours) you can make another so, back at your hotel, you make a reservation for Pirates at 7pm.

At 5pm (ie 3pm when you made the last reservation plus 2 hours) you can make another so, back at your hotel, you make a reservation for Peter Pan at 8pm.

So you return to the park in the evening with three reservations waiting for you, and knowing that at 7pm you can make yet another.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List