Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Oct 21, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
One thing I've not read anything about yet are grace periods, both before and after, ie if your reservation is 1pm - 2pm, what is the earliest you can check in and what is the latest.

I can't remember the specifics now, but you used to be able to get in a little bit early and you could also be a little bit late and still get in.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I'm a bit confused by the WDWNT post about stacking passes. Unless I'm reading it wrong, it says they got their first pass at 7am for SDD (they go quickly if you can get 3pm+ slots at 7am!), and then the next was 2 hours after park opening, so 11am, rather than 9am which would be 2 hours after the first selection. Then the following ones at 1pm and 3pm. So, if that's right, when trying to stack for an sfternoon/evening visit, the second one is 2 hours after park opening?

I'm actually more interested to see how free Genie works and if it makes a difference to queue times, so it will be good to see when those reports go up, rather than G+ ones.
I noticed the gap too, but they might have used the 9am pass for something else since they were probably testing multiple things.

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
One thing I've not read anything about yet are grace periods, both before and after, ie if your reservation is 1pm - 2pm, what is the earliest you can check in and what is the latest.

I can't remember the specifics now, but you used to be able to get in a little bit early and you could also be a little bit late and still get in.
Kyle tapped in 5 mins before his window fine so I'm assuming it's the same as FP. So 5 mins before, 15 mins after.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

There's a blog on WDWNT about it saying you can arrive up to 5 minutes early and 15 minutes late.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
There's a blog on WDWNT about it saying you can arrive up to 5 minutes early and 15 minutes late.
Thanks - that sounds like the same as I recall it being.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
I noticed the gap too, but they might have used the 9am pass for something else since they were probably testing multiple things.
It was this that got me wondering too:
you will be able to book another Lightning Lane selection after using the first or after the window expires, 2 hours after park open, or 2 hours after booking a selection.

I can't figure out why they've included 2 hours after park opening unless it's referring to booking a 7am one. So, if you don't use it in the morning during those first 2 hours that the park is open that you can't book another until after the park has been opened for 2 hours, and then the normal 2 hour window kicks in?

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
It was this that got me wondering too:
you will be able to book another Lightning Lane selection after using the first or after the window expires, 2 hours after park open, or 2 hours after booking a selection.

I can't figure out why they've included 2 hours after park opening unless it's referring to booking a 7am one. So, if you don't use it in the morning during those first 2 hours that the park is open that you can't book another until after the park has been opened for 2 hours, and then the normal 2 hour window kicks in?
It's exactly because of the "making a first reservation at 7am" thing, which I think is fair enough. It wouldn't feel right to be able to make a second one at 9am if you have.

Part One
Part Two
Old 20 Oct 21, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

It's exactly because of the "making a first reservation at 7am" thing, which I think is fair enough. It wouldn't feel right to be able to make a second one at 9am if you have.
Yes, that's what I think too, but it's ambiguous. You could if you were in the park and used a 9am LL as you can then book another straight away and don't gave to wait for another 2 hours. I guess the difference there is that you're actively using then rather than stacking for later.

Old 20 Oct 21, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Yes, that's what I think too, but it's ambiguous. You could if you were in the park and used a 9am LL as you can then book another straight away and don't gave to wait for another 2 hours. I guess the difference there is that you're actively using then rather than stacking for later.
Agreed.

If you drew up a flowchart for this, the first decision point would be "Have you got any unused reservations remaining?" (ie your "made and used a 9am reservation scenario), and it's always the case that if you have no reservations remaining then you can make another one immediately.

Part One
Part Two
Old 20 Oct 21, 02:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Kinda explained above, but I'll illustrate with an example...

Say you visit the Magic Kingdom at rope drop and blitz the rides for a few hours. You leave the park at 1 to head back to your hotel for a swim.

As you do so, you make a LL reservation for Big Thunder at 6pm.

At 3pm (ie 1pm when you made the last reservation plus 2 hours) you can make another so, back at your hotel, you make a reservation for Pirates at 7pm.

At 5pm (ie 3pm when you made the last reservation plus 2 hours) you can make another so, back at your hotel, you make a reservation for Peter Pan at 8pm.

So you return to the park in the evening with three reservations waiting for you, and knowing that at 7pm you can make yet another.
Cheers pal makes sense now …I get people aren’t happy with it being a cost now but from what I’ve seen watching some of the vlogs it seems well worth it to me …especially on a full day or like you say a morning then an evening 👍
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 06:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Kinda explained above, but I'll illustrate with an example...

Say you visit the Magic Kingdom at rope drop and blitz the rides for a few hours. You leave the park at 1 to head back to your hotel for a swim.

As you do so, you make a LL reservation for Big Thunder at 6pm.

At 3pm (ie 1pm when you made the last reservation plus 2 hours) you can make another so, back at your hotel, you make a reservation for Pirates at 7pm.

At 5pm (ie 3pm when you made the last reservation plus 2 hours) you can make another so, back at your hotel, you make a reservation for Peter Pan at 8pm.

So you return to the park in the evening with three reservations waiting for you, and knowing that at 7pm you can make yet another.
I haven’t watched any vlogs yet so excuse if I ask silly questions. So per the example above, can you only do the later passes for the park you are in? Or could you start doing Hollywood Studios passes for the evening? And also I note the above are all booked in time order, so for example at 5pm would it not be possible to book anything earlier than the two already booked if something is available?
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List