Old 1 Oct 21, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh I'm so pleased for you! I agree though I would be reluctant to pay for the more popular rides. I think we're probably just going to try and get them done earlier or later in the day. When is Tron due to open? I know the dates changed due to covid. Fingers crossed it's open for you going.

Do you watch Tim Tracker? I'm sure I watched a video last week where Rise of the Resistance was only a 60 minute wait around 3pm.

It really is when it's already so much more expensive. We will probably decide closer to the time, but I highly doubt we will pay the extra. I need to look into the DAS changes for Noah too.

Oh you'll be there now, I hope you are having an amazing time, I can't wait to hear how it was. It's so lovely seeing people going on holiday, brings a sense of normality. Have a wonderful time xx

Oooo I'll take a look! thank you. I'm still not sure we've even tried biscuits yet ... x
Thank you Kelly
I’ve no idea when Tron will open but judging by the videos I’ve seen they’ve still got a lot of work to do on it.
I do watch Tim Tracker and apparently crowd levels have been really low but I watched some of the 50th celebrations today and wow the crowds were crazy.

I honestly don’t blame you not paying extra for the rides it’s a lot for a family of 5.

We’re not off to Gran Canaria until this coming Monday our LFT’s arrived today although we don’t need them now as our First Minister (Wales) decided to fall in line with England the day after I ordered and paid for them 🙄.

The biscuits in Red Lobster are so good a bit like a cheese scone with some garlic added my mouth is watering just thinking about them
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Thank you Kelly
I’ve no idea when Tron will open but judging by the videos I’ve seen they’ve still got a lot of work to do on it.
I do watch Tim Tracker and apparently crowd levels have been really low but I watched some of the 50th celebrations today and wow the crowds were crazy.

I honestly don’t blame you not paying extra for the rides it’s a lot for a family of 5.

We’re not off to Gran Canaria until this coming Monday our LFT’s arrived today although we don’t need them now as our First Minister (Wales) decided to fall in line with England the day after I ordered and paid for them 🙄.

The biscuits in Red Lobster are so good a bit like a cheese scone with some garlic added my mouth is watering just thinking about them
The crowds for the 50th were madness weren't they. Must say I'm not too keen on Enchantment from what I've seen ... much preferred Happily Ever After, but it might be different seeing it in person.

Sorry you'll have been on your trip now, I hope you had an amazing time!

I definitely need to give these biscuits a try X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

** Update **

Hey guys, hope everyone's well! Just a little update

We booked our train tickets on Thursday

Train is 4.05pm. This means we need to take the kids out of a school a little earlier. It was this or a train 1 hour later which would mean we wouldn't be getting to the hotel until around 9.30pm! So I'll be collecting the kids from school at 2.30pm after we've been to McDonalds to get them a very early dinner Taxi is booked for 3.15pm. We should arrived at Kings Cross for 6.40pm, we'll then get the tube to Paddington and then the Heathrow Express to T5 where we'll check our baggage in the night before and just keep our cabin luggage and overnight bag with us. We'll then get the shuttle bus to the Premier Inn and settle down for the night

It seems so weird actually planning things again, but I'm still being so cautious as I'm expecting something to stop us

Has anyone watched the Enchantment fireworks? If so what did you think? x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Hi Kelly
I haven’t watched Enchantment yet but I’ve heard a lot of people say it’s nots as good as HEA so will just wait and see.
Yes we’re back now got home yesterday morning and we had a lovely time thanks just what we needed.
DH keeps asking me to look for the recipe online for the Cheddar Bay biscuits I’ll get around to it one day.

I’m guessing you’re waiting now to hear what the requirements will be for children to get in to the US hopefully you won’t have to wait too long 🤞🤞
Old 16 Oct 21, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Kelly
I haven’t watched Enchantment yet but I’ve heard a lot of people say it’s nots as good as HEA so will just wait and see.
Yes we’re back now got home yesterday morning and we had a lovely time thanks just what we needed.
DH keeps asking me to look for the recipe online for the Cheddar Bay biscuits I’ll get around to it one day.

I’m guessing you’re waiting now to hear what the requirements will be for children to get in to the US hopefully you won’t have to wait too long 🤞🤞
Yeah I haven't either which is such a shame.

Oh I'm so pleased for you. Was everything open and able to use? Did you have good weather too?

It's the little things we forget about and don't get round to though isn't it. I still have a crochet pattern on my desktop for some eeyore ears to make and haven't done it ... sure it's been there 20 months or more

Yeah we are I think that's why I'm still apprehensive at the moment a little x
Old 20 Oct 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Yeah I haven't either which is such a shame.

Oh I'm so pleased for you. Was everything open and able to use? Did you have good weather too?

It's the little things we forget about and don't get round to though isn't it. I still have a crochet pattern on my desktop for some eeyore ears to make and haven't done it ... sure it's been there 20 months or more

Yeah we are I think that's why I'm still apprehensive at the moment a little x
Pretty much everything at the hotel was open including the room which is supposed to be used for the evening entertainment but there wasn’t any entertainment on in there.
Going into the buffet and bars even the pool bar you had to wear a mask to be served and if you didn’t wear one they wouldn’t serve you.
We sat at the Sunset Bar in the evening as it was outdoors and they had live music on every night.
The weather was fantastic hot and sunny every day

I’ve heard I think on here there could be one details on the 25th of the requirements for kids so fingers crossed 🤞 you’ll find something out then.
You need to crack on with those ears so they’re ready for February 😀
Old 27 Oct 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Pretty much everything at the hotel was open including the room which is supposed to be used for the evening entertainment but there wasn’t any entertainment on in there.
Going into the buffet and bars even the pool bar you had to wear a mask to be served and if you didn’t wear one they wouldn’t serve you.
We sat at the Sunset Bar in the evening as it was outdoors and they had live music on every night.
The weather was fantastic hot and sunny every day

I’ve heard I think on here there could be one details on the 25th of the requirements for kids so fingers crossed 🤞 you’ll find something out then.
You need to crack on with those ears so they’re ready for February 😀
Oh that's good then, so it didn't seem like too much had changed apart from no entertainment, either way I bet it was lovely just to get a break away! So glad that you had nice weather too, much better than here

I just have no motivation to do those ears at all I actually have a craft day planned with a friend in November so I might give them a start then as I know she'll help me if I get stuck. I prefer to just stick to blankets/scarfs nice and simple. I'm actually really into my cross stitching at the moment, currently doing Alice in Wonderland x
Old 27 Oct 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Just another little update.

With the new entry requirements finally being announced we can start to plan again!

So we need to book LFT's for all 5 of us. We also need to book our day 2 return LFT's. These are all around £20 each. We're still waiting for the official US guidance to update before booking them. We're unsure if we need them to be supervised over zoom or not. But hopefully get these booked in the next few weeks. I'm dreading doing Noah's, we've had to do 3 tests in the past and Chris and I have had to physically restrain him to do then

My passport is back! Only took around 4 weeks so tonight I'm going to sit and do our ESTA's. We still haven't booked our Disney tickets yet, so hoping to get those booked this weekend.

We're waiting for black Friday to see if there's any good deals for DC, SW etc then hopefully get those booked too!

Once we book the Disney tickets, I'll start making a plan of what days we're going to do in Disney. I actually noticed the other day that there's also a Run Disney event on whilst we're there, so ideally we want to avoid those days as I've heard the parks can be extra busy then, which is a shame as it cuts out 4 days of our tickets!

I don't think there's much else to report on. Oh but today is 3 years since we first flew to Disney

Noah and I are currently watching Aladdin I know where we would much rather be!

Edited at 03:21 PM.
Old 27 Oct 21, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Oh that's good then, so it didn't seem like too much had changed apart from no entertainment, either way I bet it was lovely just to get a break away! So glad that you had nice weather too, much better than here

I just have no motivation to do those ears at all I actually have a craft day planned with a friend in November so I might give them a start then as I know she'll help me if I get stuck. I prefer to just stick to blankets/scarfs nice and simple. I'm actually really into my cross stitching at the moment, currently doing Alice in Wonderland x
It was so good to see some normality just things like children playing in the pool and people sitting around chatting and it did us both good.

If you manage to get the ears done I’d love to see them you’ll have to pop a picture on here
The cross stitch sounds lovely I used to do it years ago in the days before children and now grandchildren I also used to knit a lot but never seem to find time now.
Old 27 Oct 21, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

Just another little update.

With the new entry requirements finally being announced we can start to plan again!

So we need to book LFT's for all 5 of us. We also need to book our day 2 return LFT's. These are all around £20 each. We're still waiting for the official US guidance to update before booking them. We're unsure if we need them to be supervised over zoom or not. But hopefully get these booked in the next few weeks. I'm dreading doing Noah's, we've had to do 3 tests in the past and Chris and I have had to physically restrain him to do then

My passport is back! Only took around 4 weeks so tonight I'm going to sit and do our ESTA's. We still haven't booked our Disney tickets yet, so hoping to get those booked this weekend.

We're waiting for black Friday to see if there's any good deals for DC, SW etc then hopefully get those booked too!

Once we book the Disney tickets, I'll start making a plan of what days we're going to do in Disney. I actually noticed the other day that there's also a Run Disney event on whilst we're there, so ideally we want to avoid those days as I've heard the parks can be extra busy then, which is a shame as it cuts out 4 days of our tickets!

I don't think there's much else to report on. Oh but today is 3 years since we first flew to Disney

Noah and I are currently watching Aladdin I know where we would much rather be!

Just looking at your photos and have to say well done on your weight loss you look great and Noah is looking very grown up.
I’m so pleased that you now know what’s required for you to travel to Florida and hopefully you won’t struggle too much with Noah’s test🤞
Looking forward to seeing all your plans come together