Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Oct 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bad Pink Tink View Post
Real Time Summary As Information is Being Posted In This Thread
  • Genie+ can be added at midnight for day of
  • Genie+ can be for length of trip
  • Genie+ first booking of Lighting Lane =7am
  • First booking of Individual Attraction Lighting Lane Onsite = 7am, next booking of Lighting Lane at park opening OR when first Lighting Lane used
  • First booking of Individual Attraction Lighting Lane Offsite = park opening time, next booking of Lighting Lane 2 hours after park opening OR when first Lighting Lane used
  • Genie+ Lighting Lane Stacking can be done
  • Genie+ Lighting Lane pass is once per ride per day, if you want to go again on that ride, you will have to join the standby line
  • If a ride goes down and you have either booked or paid for an Individual Attraction, you will get an anytime pass for that ride
  • The touring plan gets up dated according to your location and the info you input such as dining reservations and must do rides
  • Pay once for Genie+ and use across all parks in one day as long as you have a park hopper ticket and a park reservation
  • Individual Attractions can choose a specific time for Lighting Lane Return depending on availability
  • Rides included in Genie+ choose next available time Lighting Lane Return depending on availability
  • No cancellations of Individual Attraction Lighting Lane, use it or lose it
  • Genie + Lighting Lane can be cancelled
  • No cancellations of Genie + Lighting Lane passes, if the window has opened, either scan it and don't ride or wait it out until next pass available
  • You can only pay for 2 Individual Attractions Lighting Lane passes in one day. That’s across all parks i.e. you’ve paid for Space Mountain and Mine Train at Magic Kingdom so you can’t make a third for Flight of Passage in Animal Kingdom.
  • You don't need to buy Genie+ to buy Individual Attractions Lighting Lane passes. You can just use the free Genie touring plan and buy 1 or 2 Individual Attractions Lighting Lane passes in a day
Excellent work!

Perhaps you might want to create a DIBB Guidebook page for this, update it as more info comes along, and then point people towards the guidebook page?

(Although I get the impression that very few people actually use the guidebook).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Just to add about the Dev video. First day of Genie+ and he didn’t even download the app until 10.15am, you could see it in the video. People had been making selections since 7am. I understand he wanted to see what it would be like making selections later in the day, but first day? Never going to be realistic. I like Dev but think he should have done this after it had been running a few days,

Edited at 05:52 PM.
gjdjud is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Just to add about the Dev video. First day of Genie+ and he didn’t even download the app until 10.15am, you could see it in the video. People had been making selections since 7am. I understand he wanted to see what it would be like making selections later in the day, but first day? Never going to be realistic. I like Dev but think he should have done this after it had been running a few days,
I'm shocked that neither Dev or Rick knew that you could book from park opening and that you didn't need to be in the park.

Surely they should be on the ball and figured all that out

I was right about Tim tracker, he hasn't posted a vlog about genie yet

Edited at 09:33 PM.
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Do we know if you can book G+ reservations in 2 parks simultaneously?

Say I had a park reservation for Epcot, but planned to hop to HS in the afternoon. Could I book an afternoon pass at HS (like SDD as they seem to go early), then when I get to Epcot for park opening start using it there? Then later hop to HS, use my SDD pass and book more there afterwards?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Watching Super Enthused you tube video and was impressed how it worked and how easy it was to book attractions. Now planning on doing Disney parks I would really only use it once for each park with maybe park hopping on another day. I can see this been offered to hotel guests and maybe over seas guests as they will want to keep you inside the Disney bubble.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaids1960
Getting excited

mermaids1960's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 19
I enjoy disunplugged and looking forward to what they say about it

Owner at Animal Kingdom
mermaids1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Do we know if you can book G+ reservations in 2 parks simultaneously?

Say I had a park reservation for Epcot, but planned to hop to HS in the afternoon. Could I book an afternoon pass at HS (like SDD as they seem to go early), then when I get to Epcot for park opening start using it there? Then later hop to HS, use my SDD pass and book more there afterwards?
I’m not sure but I would suspect no. I’d think you’d need to wait 2 hours after park opening (the one you have a reservation for) before you could book a second one.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by themeparksandy View Post
Watching Super Enthused you tube video and was impressed how it worked and how easy it was to book attractions. Now planning on doing Disney parks I would really only use it once for each park with maybe park hopping on another day. I can see this been offered to hotel guests and maybe over seas guests as they will want to keep you inside the Disney bubble.
It looks bad on Superenthused’s video. She didn’t seem too impressed to me.
Waits to get the LL seem too long given you are paying. Of course if you pay another $10 each plus tax (nope) for Mine Train there’s good time options. And then it’s trying to get you to pay extra. From what I’ve seen so far, I’ve been far from impressed. Let’s hope it improves- and quick. Currently free Fastpass looks better. And my worry is it looks like you have to be constantly on the phone.

Edited at 07:12 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie2021
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by mermaids1960 View Post
I enjoy disunplugged and looking forward to what they say about it
They spoke about it on Tuesday’s show and had Deni was live streaming from DHS.
Yorkie2021 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It looks bad on Superenthused’s video. She didn’t seem too impressed to me.
Waits to get the LL seem too long given you are paying. Of course if you pay another $10 each plus tax (nope) for Mine Train there’s good time options. And then it’s trying to get you to pay extra. From what I’ve seen so far, I’ve been far from impressed. Let’s hope it improves- and quick. Currently free Fastpass looks better. And my worry is it looks like you have to be constantly on the phone.
I love being on my phone but when I have paid thousands to be at Disney, its the last thing I want to do.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List