Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Oct 21, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pinchy View Post
Is the single rider still a thing or will that be paid for as well?
I haven't seen any reports on single rider so I suspect it's working the same way it did before as there would be news stories everywhere if they'd removed this.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
In addition to what the others have said, for a couple of years ROTR didn't have a standby line at all. You had to get a boarding pass. And those boarding passes often ran out within minutes of being available. So lots of people missed out on riding ROTR because they couldn't get a boarding pass and there was no standby line and there was no alternative paid option.

This was all before 2020 and long before the paid Genie+ and ILLS came along.
The reason ROTR is so popular as it's the main reason for even going to the park. MGM/HS has always been a 1/2 day park. I wouldn't even describe it as a full park. It used to be get in early and out for lunch.

Old 21 Oct 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
I hate the thought of having to be on my phone all the time trying to get my next LL. I loved being able to pre book my 3 fast passes.
You don't have to be on your phone all the time getting your next LL. No one is forcing anyone to book LL slots nor to maximise the use of Genie+.

With the old fastpass+ system, it was suggested that once you'd used the 1st fastpass+ you could amend the time of your 2nd fastpass+ via the app and move it forward. And then after using the 2nd fastpass+, you could go onto your phone and move the third fastpass+. And then after using the 3rd fastpass+, you could use your phone to book a 4th fastpass+ and then a 5th fastpass+ and then a 6th and so on.

So, with the old system, you could be on your phone all the time trying to manage your next fastpasses. But you didn't have to.

Now, you could book just 3 LL selections during the day. Assuming it takes 5 minutes to book each one then that means a total of 15 minutes spent on your phone throughout the day. That's not a lot of time spent on your phone, really. Of course, that's if you want to limit yourself to just 3 LL selections in a day (ie. similar to limiting yourself to just 3 fastpasses per day in the past).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Just watching Kyle v JoJo testing out DHS with and without Genie+
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Orlandobelle View Post
Just watching Kyle v JoJo testing out DHS with and without Genie+
I watched this over lunch. Without the Genie + he goes on more rides. Major issue is the long waits for Genie+ to have an opening, this is because they are selling unlimited numbers. Suspect it will be much worse at Xmas etc when it’s really busy with a lot of disgruntled customers.
Old 21 Oct 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Unlimited fast passes is asking for trouble - even Merlin ( Alton Towers/Thorpe park) understand this
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
I watched the Kyle version 😅

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Kyle doesn't come across as the sharpest knife in the drawer at times. I'll take him with a pinch of salt.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I’ve read this and I still don’t understand some of it. For example, I am not sure about this stacking.
Stacking is similar to what you used to be able to do with the old paper fastpasses. The new Genie+ LL selections have the same rules as the old paper fastpasses - that is, you can book your next LL selection (paper fastpass) after you've used your previous LL selection (paper fastpass) or 2 hours after you booked the previous LL selection (paper fastpass), whichever comes sooner. So if you've maximised your use of the old paper fastpass system in the past then this is no different.

It simply comes down to this: you can have multiple 'active' LL selections (paper fastpasses) on the go at any one time. This is "stacking".

So, for example:

Book your first LL at 9am for Big Thunder Mountain with a return time of 3pm. You can book your next one at 11am.

Book a second LL at 11am for Haunted Mansion with a return time of 2pm. You can book your next one at 1pm.

You now have a stack of 2 'active' LL selections - one for Big Thunder at 3pm and one for Haunted Mansion at 2pm.

Book a third LL at 1pm for Dumbo with a return time of 4pm.

You now have a stack of 3 'active' LL selections - one for Big Thunder at 3pm, one for Haunted Mansion at 2pm, one for Dumbo at 4pm.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Stacking is similar to what you used to be able to do with the old paper fastpasses. The new Genie+ LL selections have the same rules as the old paper fastpasses - that is, you can book your next LL selection (paper fastpass) after you've used your previous LL selection (paper fastpass) or 2 hours after you booked the previous LL selection (paper fastpass), whichever comes sooner. So if you've maximised your use of the old paper fastpass system in the past then this is no different.

It simply comes down to this: you can have multiple 'active' LL selections (paper fastpasses) on the go at any one time. This is "stacking".

So, for example:

Book your first LL at 9am for Big Thunder Mountain with a return time of 3pm. You can book your next one at 11am.

Book a second LL at 11am for Haunted Mansion with a return time of 2pm. You can book your next one at 1pm.

You now have a stack of 2 'active' LL selections - one for Big Thunder at 3pm and one for Haunted Mansion at 2pm.

Book a third LL at 1pm for Dumbo with a return time of 4pm.

You now have a stack of 3 'active' LL selections - one for Big Thunder at 3pm, one for Haunted Mansion at 2pm, one for Dumbo at 4pm.
I didn’t know you could stack FP, but then again the way we used it I never really needed to.
When we were there Dec 2019 we had unlimited FP for length of trip and didn’t even use it some days.