Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Oct 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by jas72 View Post
The reason ROTR is so popular as it's the main reason for even going to the park. MGM/HS has always been a 1/2 day park. I wouldn't even describe it as a full park. It used to be get in early and out for lunch.
Yeah, I realise ROTR is very popular. Hence why it used to be difficult to get a boarding pass.

Things are a bit different at the moment, but if you used to leave after lunch then you would've missed all the good stuff in the evening, Fantasmic and firework show (the Star Wars version of the firework show was excellent).

Like you, I used to consider MGM/HS as being a bit of a half day park. But that was before they added Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge and added another 4 rides to the half dozen that were there. Lots of people consider AK and Epcot to be half day parks too. Kind of makes you wonder why we pay all that money for 14 day tickets to visit these half day parks.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
I didn’t know you could stack FP, but then again the way we used it I never really needed to.
When we were there Dec 2019 we had unlimited FP for length of trip and didn’t even use it some days.
Just to clarify, I'm talking about the old paper fastpasses that you used to get from the machines outside each attraction prior to 2014, not fastpass+ that was done using the app. I don't think stacking applied to the newer electronic fastpasses.

You could get another paper fastpass 2 hours after getting your previous one. Which meant that you could potentially stack paper fastpasses if the return times printed on them were more than 2 hours after you got them.

Admittedly, I can't say I remember "stacking" the old paper fastpasses. But then, the idea of maxing out our use of paper fastpasses never occurred to me back then. I wasn't on something like the DIBB where people were discussing how to maximise the use of these things back then.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:08 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
You don't have to be on your phone all the time getting your next LL. No one is forcing anyone to book LL slots nor to maximise the use of Genie+.

With the old fastpass+ system, it was suggested that once you'd used the 1st fastpass+ you could amend the time of your 2nd fastpass+ via the app and move it forward. And then after using the 2nd fastpass+, you could go onto your phone and move the third fastpass+. And then after using the 3rd fastpass+, you could use your phone to book a 4th fastpass+ and then a 5th fastpass+ and then a 6th and so on.

So, with the old system, you could be on your phone all the time trying to manage your next fastpasses. But you didn't have to.

Now, you could book just 3 LL selections during the day. Assuming it takes 5 minutes to book each one then that means a total of 15 minutes spent on your phone throughout the day. That's not a lot of time spent on your phone, really. Of course, that's if you want to limit yourself to just 3 LL selections in a day (ie. similar to limiting yourself to just 3 fastpasses per day in the past).
I’m fully aware no one is ‘forcing’ me to buy LL Nimbus. I didn’t say I felt I was being forced into it did I. I was expressing my opinion on the new system which I’m perfectly entitled to do!
In the rest of my post I said:
‘I think I’ll wing it the first few days, join standby queues and see how it goes (Apart from RoR I’d pay for that)
If I’m spending too much time in queues I guess I’ll pay my money and take my choice.’
🙄
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

blogmickey/2021/10/on-da...-availability/

It looks like to be able to buy ROTR ILL you will need to be resort guest.
Chances will be slim after 9am. You will have to rope drop if offsite.

Edited at 09:54 PM.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Old 21 Oct 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
blogmickey/2021/10/on-da...-availability/

It looks to be able to buy ROTR ILL you will need to be resort guest.
Chances will be slim after 9am. You will have to rope drop if offsite.
We will be booking this next year! Can’t wait to try for first time!
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
We will be booking this next year! Can’t wait to try for first time!
It's the only one we'll pay for, but I'm disappointed that they didn't keep the free boarding pass option like they have for Ratatouille.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Right so (sorry) we are onsite... 7am I book a genie + LL, park opens at 9, can i book my next one at 9 or 11? I thought i had it but now I dont know lol.

This whole next available time is annoying. I'd have liked to have been able to pick an evening slot early on for if we were having a pool morning. So its next available time for the ride not from your existing selection...so to stack you could potentially be checking the app a bit to see when times line up? I'm not moaning ... it is what it is. We arent doing disney until next Oct so I'll have loads of time to suss it out.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Right so (sorry) we are onsite... 7am I book a genie + LL, park opens at 9, can i book my next one at 9 or 11? I thought i had it but now I dont know lol.

This whole next available time is annoying. I'd have liked to have been able to pick an evening slot early on for if we were having a pool morning. So its next available time for the ride not from your existing selection...so to stack you could potentially be checking the app a bit to see when times line up? I'm not moaning ... it is what it is. We arent doing disney until next Oct so I'll have loads of time to suss it out.
It seems like everything booked prior to park open is treated as if you made it at park opening. So if the park opens at 9, you'd have to wait until 11 for the window to reopen.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 21, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
It seems like everything booked prior to park open is treated as if you made it at park opening. So if the park opens at 9, you'd have to wait until 11 for the window to reopen.
Ok cool, but with the individual attractions (fancy rides as per Molly lol) we can make 1 at 7 then 1 at park opening? Just reading the points list. Wish they had given them better names lol
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List