Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 23 Oct 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

1 Night on site

Hi All,

Wasn't planning on staying on-site at WDW next year but with it being close to our 10th anniversary it would be nice to have a night at Beach Club where we spent our honeymoon and have a bit of a date night at Yachtsman (our favourite on-site restaurant).

What I'm wondering is, if we just stay 1 night, and assuming it stays as is, would we get the early Lightning Lane booking privilege on the morning we would be checking out or the day before? I'm assuming it's the check out day.

Would like to take advantage and grab a RotR lightning lane pass for that morning if we can.

TIA.
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

I think Disney are not taking one night bookings at the moment so that may create an issue, although you can rent DVC points to cover a one night stay in the BC villas or try the swan and dolphin.
I think the LL genie + is still up in the air as I read somewhere (not allowed to link to the article) that anyone could book at 7am not just guests though this could be a glitch, or be removed at any time. You have to pay for ROTR LL passes as these are not part of the genie+ selection but are likely to go fast, but staying onsite does not necessarily give you an advantage at 7am.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

It's only Genie+ that's open to everyone at 7am. The ILLS rides (as Rise is) are 7am for onsite, park open for offsite.

Yes, you'll be able to use early booking on your checkout day. And if you check in early enough, you should be able to use them on your check in day as well. I would do the online check-in and say you're arriving at 7am. But definitely on check out day, you're considered a resort guest until midnight so free to do anything entitled to deluxe guests including extra evening hours if the days line up.

But as mentioned above, currently Disney aren't accepting 1 night bookings. This is only due to be until early December, but I wouldn't be surprised if they extend it if they're still struggling with availability in the new year.

Edited at 04:58 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
Yes, you'll be able to use early booking on your checkout day. And if you check in early enough, you should be able to use them on your check in day as well. I would do the online check-in and say you're arriving at 7am. But definitely on check out day, you're considered a resort guest until midnight so free to do anything entitled to deluxe guests including extra evening hours if the days line up.
This is handy and something I had never considered doing, we are always learning on these forums.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

Thanks all, we booked the single night no problem so perhaps as its not until October next year we go it was do-able

Really looking forward to our mini honeymoon re run
2003 - Hilton Garden Inn I-Drive
2010 - Staybridge Suites LBV
2012 - Beach Club
2017 - Old Key West
2019 - Old Key West/Hard Rock Hotel
2022 - Reunion/BC/AKL/Hard Rock Hotel!
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List