Notices

Old 24 May 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Glad you're OK and your DW has found a job. It might be a close thing but surely if stage 3 of our lock down easing isn't due to start until 4th July I'm not sure transatlantic flights will operating by then. Is the San Fran Hotel independent or part of a group? I had to approach the group office to get in touch with my Palm Springs one.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Have given up the ghost on this one and started to unpick our DIY bookings. Actually think we had half a chance of going but with DW losing her job at the start of the crisis and just now getting a new one (yay) she's on a day rate now so 2 weeks away is not realistic this summer pandemic or no pandemic.

To this point we've done okay getting our money back albeit promised but not yet refunded so far. Hire car there was a $20 admin charge added after the booking was made and United have refunded us in time limited vouchers which we'll have to work out how to use.

Kudos to Hilton, BA, Loews and Disneyland for being great with refunds and customer service. We have a £1k pre-paid hotel stay at a place in San Francisco that has gone completely dark (no phone pick ups, emails bouncing) - if we can solve that one it will be a great result but I'm not optimistic.

The new plan is 4 days in Suffolk WDW hopefully in February who knows
So sorry you had to cancel. I hope you manage to get all your money back soon and to re-assemble your California adventure as soon as circumstances allow it.

I'm still chasing up an outstanding refund from our cancelled WDW in March (Virgin Atlantic ) and have just moved our Basel flights from July to next April - Europa Park is actually re-opening next week, but I'm not sure we'd be allowed in or whether we fancy walking around a theme park in face masks
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Fingers crossed on your refund Lily, you've certainly had some bad luck with holidays recently.

The SF hotel is an independent as far as I can tell and with the unanswered phones and emails (but website claiming business as usual) it seems a little fishy - but we'll see what works out.
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Fingers crossed on your refund Lily, you've certainly had some bad luck with holidays recently.

The SF hotel is an independent as far as I can tell and with the unanswered phones and emails (but website claiming business as usual) it seems a little fishy - but we'll see what works out.
Thanks, and good luck with SF hotel refund
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
The San Francisco hotel has now confirmed that they are not re-opening until August and that we will be getting a refund which is a relief

Not sure when we will make it back to California

We do have Orlando booked for February 2021 and I just switched our reservation from The Dolphin (where I've long wanted to stay) to the Beach Club beacuse it was a) cheaper and b) in case a full Disney resort stay is needed for park privileges. Sadly no DD though as it's term time and next year we've promised to go away in the summer with her plus grandparents (who refuse to go to Florida in the summer because of the heat)
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 20, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

The San Francisco hotel has now confirmed that they are not re-opening until August and that we will be getting a refund which is a relief

Not sure when we will make it back to California

We do have Orlando booked for February 2021 and I just switched our reservation from The Dolphin (where I've long wanted to stay) to the Beach Club beacuse it was a) cheaper and b) in case a full Disney resort stay is needed for park privileges. Sadly no DD though as it's term time and next year we've promised to go away in the summer with her plus grandparents (who refuse to go to Florida in the summer because of the heat)
Excellent news!

Have you ruled out California for next summer? We were hoping to go back to WDW next Easter, but it feels like that might be too soon, so I've moved Europa Park etc to next April and was thinking perhaps we could do California next summer - like the grandparents, I couldn't cope with Florida heat in the summer
Old 17 Jun 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Excellent news!

Have you ruled out California for next summer? We were hoping to go back to WDW next Easter, but it feels like that might be too soon, so I've moved Europa Park etc to next April and was thinking perhaps we could do California next summer - like the grandparents, I couldn't cope with Florida heat in the summer
A short cruise in the med looks most likely, it's a long negotiation getting my family to agree on where to go away together! Cruise will be if there are any liners left in operation by then.

Probably wise on WDW, I just need a holiday now, sick of work house gardening repeat. You will make it to Europapark!

Edited at 08:22 PM.
Old 18 Jun 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

A short cruise in the med looks most likely, it's a long negotiation getting my family to agree on where to go away together! Cruise will be if there are any liners left in operation by then.

Probably wise on WDW, I just need a holiday now, sick of work house gardening repeat. You will make it to Europapark!
A cruise with the grandparents sound nice too; the bigger the party it certainly gets harder to agree on a destination/holiday type. Such a shame about your California plan.

We're also desperate for a holiday - still hanging on to our August booking (visiting family and friends in the med), though are easyJet flight are now marked 'sold out', which I believe is the code for 'probably cancelled'

Bring on 2021