Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jul 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
franko77
Trying for More Ears

Being in the UK its tricky as we dont really know whats being said in the US.
I keep checking this thread in the hope that someone will put up some amazing news lol
franko77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SamShakes
Helping Mickey

I’m also checking for some good news daily! I’m hopeful for October ….
SamShakes is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
jellybean
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Its definitely hard but I just keep thinking, they're not going to wait until COVID has completely disappeared because that isn't going to happen. So at some point, they are going to have to open up.

My personal theory - with absolutely zero expertise or knowledge to back this up lol! - is that they're waiting until the summer holidays are over so there will be less people travelling in general. The current guidance & mandates have already been agreed with the TSA etc until the second week of September so those aren't going to change before then. Opening the borders in line with the new revised rules & guidance in Mid - September would sure make a lot of sense and stop a lot of confusion to bring in all the new guidance all at once would it not?

Completely unfounded but it makes sense in my head and I think its quite a methodical approach which Biden seems to like!
Our family - Oct 2010 // Sep 2012 - Our amazing WDW Wedding & Honeymoon ~ OKW, DCL & POP // Oct 2014 - Taking the baby for the 1st time! ~ OKW -- Trip Index // March 2017 - 5 toddlers do disney! // Nov 18 - DLP! // Oct 2021 - COVID stole our WDW return // June 22 DLP Finally
jellybean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyChris
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm crossing fingers for a mid August announcement for a mid September reopening. Mid August gives the US time to see how our removal of restrictions affects things then mid September lines up with TSA changes as you say and gives everyone affect the month between to prepare.
DisneyChris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Harryfinn
Getting Excited

Officially joining this thread, pushed our trip on from August again so hoping for 3rd time lucky as its my 40th birthday trip and we are flying business class which I've always wanted to do🤞 staying 10 nights at yacht club and 6 nights at hard rock. Got boo bash tickets and HHN which have never managed to do so can't wait for that (I'm so excited about the beetlejuice house as it was my favourite film growing up)
Never stayed fully onsite so something a little different 😊we will get there
Harryfinn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Katnic1
Imagineer

This sounds promising

LONDON, July 7 (Reuters) - The head of global airline body IATA said he was cautiously optimistic about demand for travel in the second half of the year, adding that he expects transatlantic flying between Britain and the United States to re-open in the coming weeks.

Schedules are expanding as airlines sense consumer demand for travel rising and progress with COVID-19 vaccinations means shuttered routes could resume, International Air Transport Association Director General Willie Walsh told reporters.

"I think we have to be optimistic that we will see a relaxation in relation to transatlantic flying during the coming weeks," Walsh said on Wednesday.
Katnic1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

During the coming weeks... 3 weeks? 12 weeks?

I can't stand this, but it is promising

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

It's the hope that gets you. I just want some clear decisions on 16 year olds and jabs. My daughter can't get a jab here yet and running out of time to be double jabbed before we go. If UK and US rules are different around teenagers this could put a spanner in the works for us even if everything else is okay as she cannot risk self isolation on our return.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DonkeyCentreArf View Post
It's the hope that gets you. I just want some clear decisions on 16 year olds and jabs. My daughter can't get a jab here yet and running out of time to be double jabbed before we go. If UK and US rules are different around teenagers this could put a spanner in the works for us even if everything else is okay as she cannot risk self isolation on our return.
From the rumblings that I'm hearing, the US aren't going to expect anyone to be vaccinated to get in. And as your DD is travelling with double-jabbeds she wouldn't need to isolate on the way back.

Or have I made that up?

First trip to Florida: June 2013
First family trip: Disney Oct 2019
Latest family trip to Florida: Treasure Island, Universal October 2022
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickeysgal
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

wdwnt/2021/07/u-s-travel...tional-travel/
Mickeysgal is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List