Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Jun 21, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Some good news

Some of you may know my husband was diagnosed with cancer, stage four, in November. He has just finished six months of chemotherapy and doing really well.
Yesterday we had a lovely pub lunch in Norfolk for Father’s Day, and on the way hone got a telephone call out of the blue from my husbands oncologist (on a sunday evening) saying could we please be at the hospital this morning 9am, for his scan results as they were ‘complicated’ understandably we didn’t get much sleep after that.

Well, I am extremely happy and relieved to share that my husband is actually in full remission! His scan was clear, he has no evidence of cancer at all! We are just stunned! I don’t think it has really sunk in yet for either of us, but it is such a good feeling after months of fearing the worst.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Fantastic news
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Some of you may know my husband was diagnosed with cancer, stage four, in November. He has just finished six months of chemotherapy and doing really well.
Yesterday we had a lovely pub lunch in Norfolk for Father’s Day, and on the way hone got a telephone call out of the blue from my husbands oncologist (on a sunday evening) saying could we please be at the hospital this morning 9am, for his scan results as they were ‘complicated’ understandably we didn’t get much sleep after that.

Well, I am extremely happy and relieved to share that my husband is actually in full remission! His scan was clear, he has no evidence of cancer at all! We are just stunned! I don’t think it has really sunk in yet for either of us, but it is such a good feeling after months of fearing the worst.
Absolutely amazing news lovely ♥️ 🤗🎉Xx
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

That is awesome news 🙏 sending huge hugs to you all 💖

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

That’s fantastic news! My sister has just had a third of one lung removed when they found something they didn’t like the look of. She’s just been given the all clear for tonsil cancer but this has taken the edge off celebrating.
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Fantastic news, but what a daft message to leave you! So glad your sleepless night was all for nothing though 😊
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Yipykayay
Excited about Disney

Absolutely brilliant news!
Yipykayay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

That's really wonderful news, just the best!

(Although I do wish the oncologist hadn't put you through that turmoil overnight )

I hope you'll be celebrating in some way xx
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

So pleased to hear your news Louise x hope you can get your little Harrogate break now
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 21, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Absolutely brilliant news. I'm so pleased for you x
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List