Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Jul 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Passport renewal this month? (July)

Has anyone received a renewed passport this month please? Did it take long? We applied online and sent old passport they requested via next day delivery in the hope that would make a difference.
I did a search on here and saw early June was quite speedy- but the pessimistic side of me is saying July will be a nightmare.
My son just got his first job this week ( yaay) but they need a current passport for checks. Once that arrives we then need to apply for a driving license as second ID. Hoping it’s quick.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I sent mine two weeks ago. Had a text saying they expect it to be with me on the 14th September. 🙄. I’m guessing it will be a lot quicker, but nothing as of yet. OH did his is May and it took 10 days.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

My mums husband sent his just under 2 weeks ago and he got it back yesterday. I think it took about 10 days.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Well Scaramouche had me panicking a bit ( actually a lot) but I guess that’s worst scenario -the 10 weeks? 😬
I’m hoping for more of a two week thing like Pookie3110.

Thank you both.

Should have done it months ago but hadn’t realised the photo online process was so simple 🤦🏼
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Woohoobb
Excited about Disney

I did my daughters renewal and it was back in a week. I got the 10 week wait email but it was much faster!
They were very good at updating 👍 her old one arrived about 3 days after her new one 😂
Woohoobb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
raven45678
Helping Minnie

mine took about a week - sent it 2/7, approved 8/7, got the new one 10/7. Very impressed with the turn around and the updates. Now seems to be a good time to do it!
raven45678 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Photogirl62
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Shifu View Post
Has anyone received a renewed passport this month please? Did it take long? We applied online and sent old passport they requested via next day delivery in the hope that would make a difference.
I did a search on here and saw early June was quite speedy- but the pessimistic side of me is saying July will be a nightmare.
My son just got his first job this week ( yaay) but they need a current passport for checks. Once that arrives we then need to apply for a driving license as second ID. Hoping it’s quick.
You might find the driving licence is the slow part. It took 7 weeks for my DS to get his and the same for all his friends too. There are issues in DVLA due to Welsh Covid SSoW etc
2022: Highlands Reserve villa followed by Gulf Coast
Photogirl62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Originally Posted by Photogirl62 View Post
You might find the driving licence is the slow part. It took 7 weeks for my DS to get his and the same for all his friends too. There are issues in DVLA due to Welsh Covid SSoW etc
Ohhhh … drat… well if the passport arrives in good time, it might be ok. If it doesn’t we are totally without a paddle. I’d totally forgotten it was Swansea. Thanks for that heads up. Nothing is easy at the moment is it.
Old 15 Jul 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

If you can use passport photo (linked to passport site) driving licence can be around 8 days. If you need to, post any paperwork then up to 10 weeks, I believe.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 21, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
If you can use passport photo (linked to passport site) driving licence can be around 8 days. If you need to, post any paperwork then up to 10 weeks, I believe.
Ooo I really hope so. So much ID is needed for this job and being a youngster he doesn’t have much in the way of ID that meets the level required. I’ll check the DVLA site out again so we are ready for what’s needed. We’ve been casually looking, but under no pressure to get it underway as it was lockdown and the thought of driving has been put on hold a bit etc … but I should have thought about iD.

Thank you 🙂