Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 4 Sep 21, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

It’s not just McDs. I went to Starbucks to have a sit in coffee and waited so long for it due to staff constantly preparing delivery orders. It was really noticeable
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
McDonald’s have taken on a lot of new staff over the last few months. They will have a lot of new trainees and won’t be working quite up to speed just yet. My daughter is only 16, ready to start sixth form and has been working for them for about 3 weeks. She is liking the job so far but has been shocked at just how rude some customers are !
I worked there for seven months whilst at uni and it was the worst seven months of my life. I wish I’d walked away sooner, but I didn’t.

The customers were so horrible, one woman made a false complaint to my manager, claiming I was too busy chatting to my “mate” to serve her… I hadn’t chatted to anyone and I was polite to her, luckily the manager saw through the lies.

I also had a man throw a cheeseburger in my face because his chips were cold, I had a man tell me that I’d ruined his day on his last visit… I had a woman screaming and swearing at me because she wanted her burger now…

I had a snobby looking woman turn up her nose and speak to me like dirt because her table had a previous customer’s mess on it (that I hadn’t had chance to clean).

Honestly I could go on, I was made to feel like dirt on a shoe that someone had trodden in or a bad smell. To top it off my main manager was a cow and when she pushed me in the back, that was the final straw and I left!

Well done to your daughter for sticking it out, but hopefully if it gets too much she can find something else!
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I detest McDaonalds but that’s a separate matter.

Funny story about their customer service.

My Son had a coupon for 2 free cheeseburgers but he doesn’t like them. So he asked could he have 2 hamburgers instead.
The answer was a resounding no!

So he asked for 2 cheeseburgers with no cheese and they agreed to that.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsFizz
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
McDonald’s have taken on a lot of new staff over the last few months. They will have a lot of new trainees and won’t be working quite up to speed just yet. My daughter is only 16, ready to start sixth form and has been working for them for about 3 weeks. She is liking the job so far but has been shocked at just how rude some customers are !
That is my son exactly! He’s been sworn at a number of times already!
MrsFizz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Johnnyp
Imagineer

Johnnyp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
The local one at Lakeside has queuing traffic blocking the way in to Tesco’s, and even ordering via the app includes some form of wait.

Other branches I’ve been to are not so bad, so it’s certainly a location based issue
Johnnyp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Both my kids work at McDonald’s and it’s ridiculous how hard they work yet get abuse daily. Uber and just eat just add to it . They had an order the other night for 54 hamburgers , just one order ! They are still working on very limited staff as well . People seem Ito think it’s an easy job but it really isn’t . It’s very demanding especially ally since Covid hit. So have a thought when you are waiting in line that they don’t have as many staff on to try and protect them , how many orders have just popped through on the app, drive through , serving counter and just eat all at the same time with a reduced number of staff doing it all.
And yes mr Tom they are only doing their job and what the tills allow them to do. Imagine how much longer you would wait to have the till overridden!
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Both my kids work at McDonald’s and it’s ridiculous how hard they work yet get abuse daily. Uber and just eat just add to it . They had an order the other night for 54 hamburgers , just one order ! They are still working on very limited staff as well . People seem Ito think it’s an easy job but it really isn’t . It’s very demanding especially ally since Covid hit. So have a thought when you are waiting in line that they don’t have as many staff on to try and protect them , how many orders have just popped through on the app, drive through , serving counter and just eat all at the same time with a reduced number of staff doing it all.
And yes mr Tom they are only doing their job and what the tills allow them to do. Imagine how much longer you would wait to have the till overridden!
So definitely a change for the worse then for staff and customers

I worked in Macs when I was in college and my experience was a very good one
It was very hard work especially on a close- cleaning the whole store after a shift but I did enjoy my time there overall

I Remember you were expected to have served a customer with 3 mins from them joining the queue
That’s definitely changed!
Old 4 Sep 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
We had a late offer of a sleepover for master Bozza last week so we took advtantage of popping into town for dinner. Drove in and cabbed back, because drinking and driving isn't cool, kids.

The next morning I ran the four miles back into town to collect the car before it got ticketed. Mrs B was still in bed when I left home, so I thought I'd impress her with my hunter-gatherer skills and bring back breakfast from McDonalds.

I ordered via the big touchscreen thing and then went to wait for my order. Whilst standing there for about 5-6 minutes I witnessed a customer relentlessly abuse both the staff and then what I assume was the manager. It was horrible to witness. When he wasn't getting much of a reaction, he became extra-nasty, talking down at them for working in McDonalds.

Worse still, this seemed to embolden a few waiting delivery drivers who also got stuck in, verbally at least.

I assumed this sort of incident would be quite rare, but from what you've said, this is not the case which is very sad to read.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
I worked there for seven months whilst at uni and it was the worst seven months of my life. I wish I’d walked away sooner, but I didn’t.

The customers were so horrible, one woman made a false complaint to my manager, claiming I was too busy chatting to my “mate” to serve her… I hadn’t chatted to anyone and I was polite to her, luckily the manager saw through the lies.

I also had a man throw a cheeseburger in my face because his chips were cold, I had a man tell me that I’d ruined his day on his last visit… I had a woman screaming and swearing at me because she wanted her burger now…

I had a snobby looking woman turn up her nose and speak to me like dirt because her table had a previous customer’s mess on it (that I hadn’t had chance to clean).

Honestly I could go on, I was made to feel like dirt on a shoe that someone had trodden in or a bad smell. To top it off my main manager was a cow and when she pushed me in the back, that was the final straw and I left!

Well done to your daughter for sticking it out, but hopefully if it gets too much she can find something else!
Dd hates working there now she used to tolerate it as the wage is good for her age but her new manager is a right b@tch and making her life hell and the customers seem to be getting ruder and more abusive daily she’s been trying to find a new job for ages with no luck
Delivery accounts for around 70% of dds store orders and that creates large backlogs of orders. They are also short staffed as people keep leaving and the new staff are still being trained so work slower.

Edited at 12:48 PM.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I detest McDaonalds but that’s a separate matter.

Funny story about their customer service.

My Son had a coupon for 2 free cheeseburgers but he doesn’t like them. So he asked could he have 2 hamburgers instead.
The answer was a resounding no!

So he asked for 2 cheeseburgers with no cheese and they agreed to that.
It’s a till issue it won’t let them over ride the coupon but they can make changes it’s surprising how much abuse the poor staff get for something that’s outside their control
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List