Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 Sep 21, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Love Boat to Belfast Day 2 - Sea Day

After my late night on the balcony, you would think I would have a lovely relaxing lie in to start the holiday off in style, but I had stupidly booked a spa treatment on my tour yesterday for 8am! Luckily my normal work day alarms were still set, so I was awake early enough and managed to haul myself out of bed and hit the shower to try to wake myself up.

A quick look outside showed it was going to be a good weather day!

I was soon in the lifts heading down to deck 5 – the lift near my cabin brought me straight out into the spa reception and I was quickly checked in and filling in the pre-treatment questionnaire. My treatment today was a foot and leg treatment – I had been having some issues with my knee for the past few weeks and thought it might help – I had also been told if I booked on the first day, I would get a complimentary scalp massage for 30 minutes, which was just bliss!

Francina my therapist was lovely and for once I wasn’t subjected to the hard sell which is usual in cruise spas – if I’m honest it is the one thing which I always complain about on the feedback forms – if I want to buy the products, I’m capable of making the decision myself and really object to the sales push – if anything it makes me more determined not to buy!

Following the treatment I headed up to Horizons, the buffet restaurant for some breakfast – I didn’t have long as I had a pedicure & manicure booked in the spa at 10:30 (already booked pre cruise!)
I enjoyed a meal of bacon, sausage, baked beans and egg with a Danish pastry to follow

the waiter brought me some orange juice (sorry Princess, but Royal Caribbean juice was sooo much nicer!) and a cup of tea and before long it was time to head back down to the spa for my next treatments!

The therapist was also lovely and we had a good chat while she was doing my nails, I opted for the shellac polish as it lasts longer, but was a little disappointed in the choice of colours, but opted for a sparkly burgundy colour which would match most of my evening outfits that I had brought.

I was feeling tired after my early start, so decided to head back to my cabin after the spa and ordered a burger and a cocktail to be delivered to my stateroom – this service offered via the app was fantastic and I was to make really good use of it throughout my trip!

It was very quickly delivered and again the food was hot and tasty – and the cocktail was amazing and quickly became my favourite! It was a Tokyo Tea and melon flavoured – it would definitely not be my last!

After a couple of hours chilling on the balcony enjoying the sunshine

I decided to head back to the spa area to the Enclave (which I had also pre booked) and enjoyed an hour or so in the hydrotherapy pool and the steam rooms – love this area, but somehow didn’t make the most of it this cruise as I always seemed to have other things to do!

After enjoying the Enclave, I headed back up to my cabin and changed out of my swimsuit and chilled for a while until it was time to get ready for dinner – I was going to go earlier this evening as I definitely wanted to catch the show this evening which was to be the new Princess production show Rock Opera.

I headed down to dinner and was seated in a different area to the previous day, and the 2 waiters looking after me tonight were exceptional!

My cocktail (Mai Tai) was quickly delivered

I ordered the baked potato soup, and was advised by them that the fruit salad starter was amazing and would I like them to bring me one to try as well as the soup – and they were right, it was so refreshing and light I could have eaten it all day long!

The soup was also lovely – I had no complaints at all about the quality of the food onboard.
I ordered the beef tenderloin for my main course

Then followed up with the Princess chocolate journey special – I had this on my last Princess cruise and I will say it was just as good as I remembered!

I rounded my meal off with a cappuccino and the waiter insisted I try one of the petit fours he was bringing round –Slimming World weigh in will be fun on my return!

During my meal I had been chatting to a lovely couple seated next to me, they were regular cruisers and we shared cruise stories and experiences and the time flew by, to the point it was time to leave for the show.

I headed to the theatre for the show and found a seat – again it was interesting to see the different protocols adopted on the different cruise lines – Princess had no restrictions on seating but enforced mask wearing at all times, Royal Caribbean seated you with 2 seats between parties but masks could be removed.

The show did not disappoint – it started with the song from the Greatest Showman and went on from there – I really didn’t want it to end it was so good!

After the show, I headed back to my cabin as I had arranged a call with Andy, but following the call I got the urge to go to the theatre again to see the show for the second time! I ordered a drink to be delivered to my cabin (gin, grapefruit juice and lemonade ) and took it down to the theatre where I thoroughly enjoyed the show again!

Following the show, the cruise director mentioned there was a “quiz” in the Princess Live venue – how Men and Women Think which sounded like a lot of fun, so I headed there and found a seat.

I ordered another cocktail – an Illusion which was delicious, and sat back to enjoy the quiz which was good fun and caused quite a bit of banter amongst the guests and hosts alike.

It was close to midnight by the time this finished, so I decided to head back to my cabin as I had had a long day already – I got changed into my pjs and put my dressing gown on and went to sit on the balcony, I was really surprised to see land and another cruiseship passing in the distance

I checked on my app to see I was the closest to Belfast I had been since we “met” so sent a quick message to Andy to wish him goodnight and let him know how close we were before heading to bed after a fab day ❤️

Distance from Belfast28 miles!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
The food looks amazing! Enjoying your trip report - looking forward to the next instalment.
Old 30 Sep 21, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

another great day x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

It's like I was there with you 😂

I want to go back!
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
It's like I was there with you 😂

I want to go back!
I’m on a countdown - under 3 weeks to go 🤣
Definitely helps with the post cruise blues 😂

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

I'm really enjoying these and I can't wait till you meet Andy 😍
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Can't wait to see if the love boat lives up to its name 😃
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 21, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great day!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Another great day those cocktails look fab

Soon be Belfast (a fab city)