Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 1 Oct 21, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Love Boat to Belfast Day 4 - Belfast

I woke up ridiculously early today – and I had ALL the nerves!
I’ve been on quite a few dates this year since signing up to online dating, some have gone well, others not so much but I can honestly say this is the one I had most been looking forward to and as such was really wanting it to go well!

We had been getting on so well via messaging and calls that I just really hoped it would be as easy and natural when we finally met up – we had already been talking about second dates and that the distance wasn’t an issue due to availability of flights, but I still woke up at 5am full of nervous energy!

I knew there was no way I was getting back to sleep today, so got out of bed, pulled on my dressing gown and headed out to my balcony with a cup of tea. It was lovely to watch the day coming to life and see the ship dock – I even got a wave from the officer on watch!

I made another cup of tea as the sun started to rise and at around 8am messaged Andy to let him know I had actually arrived in Belfast!

Current distance to Belfast – 0 miles!

I thought about heading to breakfast, but didn’t think I could eat anything this morning, so hopped in the shower and spent ages deciding what to wear – it was like being a teenager all over again 😂

I finally decided on my outfit for the day and it was about time to head to the shuttle.

I made sure I had my ticket and headed down to find the exit on deck 5 and was soon queuing to get on the bright pink bus into the city centre.

We had agreed to meet at City Hall where the drop off point was, but I realised as I arrived I was actually very early – I had expected to have to queue longer for the bus, but it had left almost as soon as I got on, so was a very quick journey! I had around 30 minutes to kill, so spotted a Café Nero and headed in to get a coffee while I waited. I messaged to let him know where I was, and that there was no rush ……

I got a message back almost straight away to say he was only 5 minutes away and would see me soon. Around 10 minutes later I got a call – he was in Café Nero but couldn’t see me – that was when I realised there was more than 1 Café Nero and he was in the one on the opposite side of the square 🤦

I sent him my location

and before long he had arrived – we had the biggest hug and sat down in a quiet corner and just chatted, and chatted – it was so natural and easy and all my nerves disappeared and the time just flew by!

Disclaimer - he is not yet aware of my Dibb addiction and that I am writing a trip report (although he is aware I’m a huge Disney fan!) so I won’t be posting any pics at this stage as I don’t feel that’s fair without his permission.

I’ve always felt that certain people come into our lives at the right time – the last time I had this feeling was when I met Anna and Rachel (the other 2 members of the Glowtini Girls) who I formed an instant bond with over cocktails at the Dibb Grand Day Out back in 2016. The following month was when I split from my ex, and these 2 ladies played a massive part in supporting me through the separation and helping me to put my life back together. I had the same feeling meeting Andy – I’m not naïve enough to believe in love at first sight, but we definitely had a strong connection, and although I’m aware the distance will make it a little challenging, we both agreed that there is no reason that this can’t work out – the timing is just right for both of us.

We chatted for hours, and while we were there made firm plans for him to come over and visit in early October and I also invited him to join me on my next cruise, which he instantly accepted! Yes it’s very early days, but life is for living and it feels right so we are going with that!

We had originally planned to have lunch & drinks in a nearby bar, but somehow never made it out of the coffee shop and before too long it was getting time for me to head to the shuttle to go back to the ship! He walked me back to the bus and we had to say goodbye for now – made a little easier knowing we had plans for him to visit in the not too distant future.

I was soon back to the ship and headed back to my cabin where I ordered a cocktail to be delivered – delicious as always

I was just chilling on the balcony waiting for the sail away when I had a message notification – the flights were booked and the second date was now sorted!
I stood on my balcony watching the sail away reflecting back on the day

It had been an amazing day and the best first date I’ve ever been on, but time was ticking on and I needed to get showered and changed for dinner – I still had the rest of the cruise to look forward to after all!

I was on my way to dinner when I had a call from him – just calling to let me know he had also had a lovely day and that he couldn’t wait to come over to England to visit – 12 days to go until we would see each other again 🥰

I made it to the restaurant and was seated in my usual section, and was quickly served a cocktail – I had ordered a mojito, the waiter suggested I make it a coconut mojito as they were very nice – he wasn’t wrong, it was amazing! I think it became my new favourite drink!

I ordered my starter of chicken bites, followed by a main course of roast chicken – and no, I didn’t realise I had ordered 2 chicken dishes until I read my notes back!

This was followed up with carrot cake – with added ice cream suggested by the waiter which was also delicious, and I had my usual cappuccino to finish off the meal.

I ordered another of the delicious coconut mojitos to take back to my cabin with me – I was shattered after my early start, so planned to chill for the rest of the evening with my kindle.
I got back to my cabin, changed into my dressing gown and chilled on the balcony just watching the world go by

I had another call from Andy wishing me goodnight, and telling me again how much he had enjoyed our date ❤️

Distance from Belfast – no longer tracking as it’s now going the wrong way!

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

How lovely ! So pleased it went well. We all deserve a little happiness x
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

Really glad your day went well.
Old 1 Oct 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Lovely to hear your date went so well x
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Oh Mel I’m so pleased that you had a fabulous time in Belfast! Sometimes it’s weird how some things and people just seem to fall into place at the right time. Serendipity is a marvellous thing. Good luck to you both.

PS that mojito looks lush 😋
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Awww so glad your date went well,it sounds very promising, I'm sure there will be many more.😍
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

A successful trip!

Great updates and so glad your coffee date turned out as it did.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I’m so pleased your date went so well! Could feel your happiness through the typing! And the plans for the next day sound great too and so soon.

Coconut mojiti sounds like one to try later this month when we get on Sky Princess (fingers crossed COVID test permitting &#128578
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Originally Posted by meboo View Post
How lovely ! So pleased it went well. We all deserve a little happiness x
Thank you 😊

Originally Posted by kateh134 View Post
Really glad your day went well.
Thanks 😊

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Lovely to hear your date went so well x
Thank you - it was a lovely day 🥰

Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
Oh Mel I’m so pleased that you had a fabulous time in Belfast! Sometimes it’s weird how some things and people just seem to fall into place at the right time. Serendipity is a marvellous thing. Good luck to you both.

PS that mojito looks lush 😋
Thank you - serendipity is just the right word! 😂

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
Awww so glad your date went well,it sounds very promising, I'm sure there will be many more.😍
Really hope so - under a week until the next one now 😂

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
A successful trip!

Great updates and so glad your coffee date turned out as it did.
Thank you - hope you enjoy Anthem in 3 weeks!

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
I’m so pleased your date went so well! Could feel your happiness through the typing! And the plans for the next day sound great too and so soon.

Coconut mojiti sounds like one to try later this month when we get on Sky Princess (fingers crossed COVID test permitting &#128578
Thank you so much - and yes, the coconut mojito definitely one for your list! 🤤

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Lovely day. I wonder if the staff at Nero realised what was occurring in your little corner. Very romantic. X