Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 4 Oct 21, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Love Boat to Belfast Day 7 - Hometime and Final Thoughts

I woke early to the sound of my alarm this morning – a reminder that today I was heading home 😞

I had a disembarkation time of 9:10 but in a change of procedure to Royal Caribbean, we had to leave our cabins by 8:30 and head to a public area.

As a platinum member I was entitled to access a priority lounge, but in the end I opted to head to the International Café and pick up a coffee while I waited. I was pleasantly surprised to see it wasn’t too busy, and the waitress was very quick to take my order and bring my coffee which I was happy to have – I really needed the caffeine hit after my late night!
I had opted to skip breakfast as I was up early and don’t enjoy eating until I’ve had time to wake up a little, so had decided I would pick up something later at the station.

As I was drinking my coffee, the lady sat on the next table commented on my WDW rucksack – she and her husband were huge Disney fans and had previously owned a home in Florida, so we bonded nicely for the next half hour over Disney stories before it was time for us to disembark – I love how Disney can bring together people in the most unlikely situations!

I headed off the ship and made my way to a waiting taxi and was very quickly at the station – I had over an hour before my train was due, so headed into the café to order a coffee and pastry for breakfast as I was now feeling peckish.

They were both lovely and the time passed quickly before it was time to head over the bridge to the platform to catch my train.
I headed to the lift to realise that is was blocked off and out of service! I had too much luggage to manage up the stairs so headed over to a station worker and he called someone to carry my case up the stairs for me – great service!

The lift on the other side was working, so I headed down to the platform and within 5 minutes was boarding the first of my 3 trains which would take me home!

It was a very uneventful journey, and I passed the time reading, listening to music and messaging friends and Andy and before too long I was arriving at Lancaster where my dad was waiting to collect me! It had been a fantastic break and I had loved every minute of it – can’t wait do do it all over again in less than 3 weeks back on Anthem of the Seas 🥰

Final thoughts

I have really enjoyed the concept of short breaks in the UK this year, and having 3 cruises within a 10 week period had been great to counter any post-holiday blues!

It was very difficult on this cruise not to make comparisons between Princess and Royal Caribbean, and if I’m totally honest I would have to say that Royal Caribbean just has the edge for me – but that is purely personal choice and in no way reflects badly on Princess – it had been a lovely ship and the service had been fabulous, but the layout and ambiance on Royal is more to my personal taste 😊

Next steps – well as you will have gathered, I had a fantastic first date with Andy, we really hit it off and have been in daily contact since the day we first matched back on-board my first cruise! On my return I spent 90 minutes on the phone to Royal Caribbean and have added him to my booking for the next cruise on Anthem of the Seas – I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to spending some quality time together and hope that it will be the beginning of something special ❤️

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Thankyou for sharing (again!). Can’t wait to read about the next one

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by vanlou View Post
Thankyou for sharing (again!). Can’t wait to read about the next one
Thank you - can’t wait to go on the next one 😂

Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Aww this is so sweet! Have really enjoyed your trip reports and can’t wait for your next one! Plus I’m looking forward to hearing about the anthem of the seas!
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading.
Thank you 😊

Originally Posted by kc1 View Post
Aww this is so sweet! Have really enjoyed your trip reports and can’t wait for your next one! Plus I’m looking forward to hearing about the anthem of the seas!
Thank you - I’m looking forward to getting back onboard - it seems ages since I was on it but it’s only been just over a month!

Old 4 Oct 21, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kc1
Imagineer

Holy moly I missed one 😂 the anthem of the seas I’m off for a read 🤣
kc1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Thank you for writing this up I feel like I've been on a journey with you So excited for your next one
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Another fab cruise Reading about your adventures has really made me think that I could cruise alone if I ever needed too. So thank you

I’m really looking forward to the next report to see what happens!😍🥰 have a fab time😊
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 21, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Hels80
VIP Dibber

Ahh wow looking forward to hearing about the next cruise! So happy for you! X
Best Western I drive 1997, Regal Palms 2009, Wedding at Beuna Vista Palace 04/08/09, Coco Key 2010, Art of Animation, RPR Universal, Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014, RPR & Disney's Swan 2017, Rosen Inn @ Pointe, Hard Rock Hotel, Port Orleans French 2018.

DLP: :
Best Western MLV 2007, Hotel Cheyenne 2008, Sequoia Lodge 2010, Dream Castle 2011, Kyriad MLV Torcy 2012, Hotel El'ysee 2012, Hotel Cheyenne 2013, Sequoia Lodge 2015.
Hels80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List