Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Oct 21, 02:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

There is no need to Hoover etc before leaving a villa. The cleaners will really appreciate you throwing at least one load of towels in the wash so they can get it all done and there shouldn't be extra washing piled up like the spare bedding etc. You are expected to clear out the fridge and take all rubbish out. You can get charged extra if you never put the bins out on the right day and there is too much to clear but that is it. A full clean is included in what you pay, the cleaners don't expect you to clean first.
Old 18 Oct 21, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
State27
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Reading other posts you don’t even get daily housekeeping and bed making in the hotels anymore. There’s a good chance you would be making your own bed even in OKW.
That may change of course depending on when you are going.
True story , we are just home from Miami and the hotel there was doing housekeeping every 5th day.
State27 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by OutbackAddict View Post
I really like the idea of spending a florida holiday in a Villa, lots of space, pool etc ( as long as its in a close location to disney etc) especially now the onsite benefits are so diminished however DW is less keen as she says I don't go on holiday to make bed's etc and prefers a hotel type stay with daily housekeeping (although OKW is her favourite because of the space and facilities you get in a one bed)
Is there such a thing as a fully serviced villa where you stay in a villa but get daily housekeeping, just curious as I'm sure I've never heard of it but would think it would appeal to quite a few or is it just an odd thought from me ?
That would seem very odd to me. The advantage of a villa is that it's supposed to be a 'home from home' in which you are autonomous and don't have people waking you up at 8am to make up the room etc. The advantage is one of having freedom. And making beds is not exactly onerous unless you change sheets every two days!
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List