Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Oct 21, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Villa through British Airways

I've found flights to Miami for next year with BA and I'm happy with the price. I normally book flight only and everything else separate but with the pandemic I'm really wary about doing that so I thought I would add on a night at a hotel then book villas separate (I want to stay in Orlando for 7 days and Cape Coral for 7 days).

I actually didn't realise they did villas and am now considering booking a villa in Orlando for a week (and I'll separately look for a Cape Coral villa with free cancellation).

Has anyone ever stayed in a BA villa? If so what are your thoughts on it?

Any advice would be appreciated x
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
It won't be a 'BA villa' as you put it, BA will source a villa from the usual third party suppliers in Florida so it will just be like any other 'allocated on arrival' villa. You will need to read carefully the description on the BA website but I suspect this will be deliberately vague. Allocated on arrival villas are always pot luck and there have been many threads on the subject over the years.

Debra
Old 18 Oct 21, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by myvot View Post
I've found flights to Miami for next year with BA and I'm happy with the price. I normally book flight only and everything else separate but with the pandemic I'm really wary about doing that so I thought I would add on a night at a hotel then book villas separate (I want to stay in Orlando for 7 days and Cape Coral for 7 days).

I actually didn't realise they did villas and am now considering booking a villa in Orlando for a week (and I'll separately look for a Cape Coral villa with free cancellation).

Has anyone ever stayed in a BA villa? If so what are your thoughts on it?

Any advice would be appreciated x
I used BA in 2015 and they allocated us a villa in the Glenbrook community, in Clermont.
No complaints, it was a nice villa, well kept and in a good area, but we did find some cockroaches.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
I have only ever used BA allocated on arrival once in over 50 trips to Florida, worst mistake of my life it was horrendous, disgustingly dirty and couldn't lock the front door.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

AoA is a complete lottery.

I don't know who BA source their villas from these days but they will just allocate whatever they have available on the day. This is what often leads to problems as you might not get the amenities promised.

Having said that my ex BiL used to travel to Orlando a lot for work and he would get an AoA package in preference to a hotel.

9 times out of 10 it would be fine . Usual issues are broken /beat up furniture and cleanliness.
sotagals is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We always go AOA, went with BA last time. Was fine. It was on Sandy Ridge which was a lovely area, really quiet and near enough to supermarkets and fast food places.

Not a fresh, newly refurbished villa , but clean, nicely situated and fully equipped as stated in the brochure. We booked an executive one for guaranteed (free) WiFi, an an extra bedroom as some have one room equipped for kids... bunk beds etc. Some villas are single storey and sometimes a room has the pool pump or air con unit right outside, so it is nice to have an extra room to choose.

I like the fact that if anything goes wrong they sort it out, you are not left in the lurch if the owner goes broke etc (been there!)
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 21, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
doublejay
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We have a bonus trip booked with ba next month and booked a villa at highlands reserve. You can book villas with ba for a specific community.
Florida pines april 2008

Southern Dunes april 2009
doublejay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

We did AOA but with Virgin a couple of years ago, that was fab, the location wasn't brilliant as was well away from eateries, the villa it's self was superb, but with Virgin you can chose the level of villa you want on a AOA, from standard to luxury/superior, not sure if you can do that with BA.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 21, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

One thing to bear in mind if you book a villa independently is the cancellation policy. At least with BA or Virgin you can cancel the package as a whole.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 21, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
gonzosuperfan
Trading Disney Pins

I booked a flight and Vila package with BA in 2018, but chose a specific villa location(Calabay Parc) which took away at least some of the uncertainty in terms of the location. No complaints at all in terms of the quality of the villa. Booked exactly the same package for May next year.
gonzosuperfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List