Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Oct 21, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

Water park help please

Hi,

I’ve been watching vlogs but can’t seem to come to a decision about which water parks would be best for us. We’re 2 adults and 2 children (will be 5 and 9). We’ll probably only have time for 1 (2 at most) and the ones we’ll be able to go to are Typhoon Lagoon (if it has reopened), Blizzard Beach or Volcano Bay. In your opinion, which one/s would be best with 2 young-ish children?

I am not the biggest fan of big water park rides (I’m happiest in the lazy river ) and my husband just goes with the flow so whichever is the most child-friendly would suit us best.

I will be booking tickets for Discovery Cove so if Aquatica is better than these I will look into the tickets that include that too.

Thanks
Old 18 Oct 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

My personal preference is Blizzard Beach. Never been to Volcano Bay so cant comment, but sure others will give you info on it.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Volcano Bay- definitely the best themed and overall our favourite. However I think it depends on the height of your 5 year old and whether they are going to be brave enough for the big slides or will stay in the kids area. Volcano bay has a good kids area but the medium/bigger slides have bigger height requirements than some slides in Disney's water parks. We found our 5 year old could do some family raft slides in Typhoon lagoon but only the kids area in Volcano bay. However we still preferred Volcano bay.

We tend to fit the waterparks in by doing half day water park half day main park.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Busyb
Helping Mickey

Such ashame you can't do all 3! My favourite is Volcano Bay because of the lazy river and rapids.
Busyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For your age group, I would recommend Blizzard Beach ( great kids area) then when they are older they can enjoy the massive wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon and the very fast lazy river at Volcano Bay.

They are all 1st class water parks anyway
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlj
Getting Excited

Apart from the two Disney water parks, I would choose volcano bay. Tbh didn't go much on Aquatica but that's a personal viewpoint
Rowlj is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsd
Trying for More Ears

Thank you. I’m probably massively overthinking it but I’m a planner who panics in case I don’t make the right decision It’s really helpful to read other’s opinions.
Old 18 Oct 21, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I would rate Volcano Bay as the best.

Typhoon Lagoon at 2 as I particularly like their lazy river

BB at 3.

AQ at 4, but only because I think that this one is all about the rides. If you like rides, then I would elevate it to 3 or even 2… but not to no1. It has a really good kids area where supervision is simple.

It really is a shame that you cannot maybe split some days in order to sample all 4 as each is excellent in its own way.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:36 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

Volcano bay every time, it puts the Disney waterworks and aquatica to shame it’s just amazing
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 21, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

I have only been to BB and TL. Last time we went the kids were 9, 5 and 3 and the kids voted BB as the best. Although they liked the theming better in TL the kids area of BB is much better and there are a lot more rides we could go on as a family in BB which they preferred.

On a side note, the Disney crazy golf course is next to the water parks which is free as part of the 14 day ticket so we usually had a quick round of golf before heading to the water parks.

Also, a lot of people seem to head to the exit mid afternoon, so we’d tend to use it as a down day, spend the morning by the pool, head out for lunch somewhere, a quick round of golf and then get there in the afternoon as the masses are leaving.
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List