Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Oct 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
keely21
Very Serious Dibber

Is anyone else still concerned it may not happen

Flying out direct with BA the 16th November but the closer it gets.. It will be 3 weeks on Tuesday the more worried I am that it still won't happen. Worried BA still may cancel or we won't be let in due to our rising cases.. maybe its just because after so much disappointment I cant believe it will actually happen
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I’m not going anytime soon but at least from our government there seems to be no plans to stop any flights. Obviously the USA is up to then but I don’t foresee that either as you have to test before you go, that rules out a fair amount of risk to you bringing it to the US.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Awww, it's only natural after all we've been through during the borders being closed - but I'm still feeling positive for following you out on the 24th November!

I look forward to your 'And we're off! ' post on the 16th.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We are before you on 10th Nov. I won't actually believe it till we are on that plane.
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Ingram01
Helping Minnie

We’re booked for the 10th and still not fully confident.

More so because of restrictions being imposed here, rather than in the US.

The UK media are on another relentless crusade to get restrictions imposed and they’ll just keep piling pressure on the government until that happens. I fully expect them to succeed and some sort of restrictions will be brought in before we go. I’m just hoping they’re minor and won’t affect travel.

Also hopefully half-term this week will help slow the rise in cases.
Ingram01 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

we are 22/12 and also awaiting the info on children being let in! This is the 5th booking so I'm certainly with you on not believing it until we are on plane!
All we can do is keep hoping for best and believe that eventually it will happen!
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Old tigger
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by keely21 View Post
Flying out direct with BA the 16th November but the closer it gets.. It will be 3 weeks on Tuesday the more worried I am that it still won't happen. Worried BA still may cancel or we won't be let in due to our rising cases.. maybe its just because after so much disappointment I cant believe it will actually happen
We are on the BA flight to Miami on the 16th as well, still staying positive and although case numbers are high I cannot see any U turn on the horizon as all passengers will be fully vaccinated and will take a test before the flight I just have the fear that my pre departure test will be positive, once that’s over I will be in full holiday mode.
Old tigger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Not worried in the slightest for the 24th Nov here

The UK cannot afford to impose further travel restrictions or the industry will collapse and there is no chance the US is going to ban the UK specifically when they've been allowing other countries with massive cases since the start
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingBeauty
Imagineer

I think our borders will be open to you in November as planned. Can't really see that being cancelled or pulled back, at least not now. The only question at this point is what the age cut-off will be for children/teens for being fully vaxxed.

But your hysterical media isn't helping, in my opinion!

I think you should allow yourself the excitement of making your trip! Hope you have a great time.
SleepingBeauty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 21, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SleepingBeauty View Post
I think our borders will be open to you in November as planned. Can't really see that being cancelled or pulled back, at least not now. The only question at this point is what the age cut-off will be for children/teens for being fully vaxxed.

But your hysterical media isn't helping, in my opinion!

I think you should allow yourself the excitement of making your trip! Hope you have a great time.
Yeah the media here is absolutely ridiculous. Thankfully most people aren't falling for the nonsense this time.

I am fully planning on waking up in Florida on Thanksgiving Day!
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List