Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Apr 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jacquie
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

caa/Passengers/Res...-a-connection/

Have a read of this as tells a little bit about missed connections.
I’m so sorry yous missed the connection and really hope your holiday just gets better from here.
Jacquie xx
jacquie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meboo View Post
I think it’s when you arrive at the final destination - as long as your journey was booked to the final destination (and not the case that you booked your two connecting flights separately)
It was booked to final destination.Ive had a quick google and it’s a mindfield.Hopefully a dibber who has been delayed and gone thru the process will be able to help
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
And I believe missed connections on a single ticket are within regulations and it will be deemed as a 24 hour delay at arriving at destination ,so you should get the maximum compensation of 600 euros per passenger. I know you would rather be in Orlando this evening, but hopefully it removes the sting. You may need to claim via AerLingus though, as I believe you flew on their plane from manchester and also the next leg is aer lingus.
fredflintstone is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

I am so sorry. Aer Lingus’ official line to us last year was that 1hr 15 was an acceptable layover time.
The frustrating part is that they are soo used to this happening that they have the script down pat to run, usher through security. The focus is on the wrong thing.
Our Bhx-dub link was late last year because someone was late getting on the dub-bhx flight before. With the greatest of respect, a dub-bhx link is a damn sight easier to get someone on than a different transatlantic flight.
Do you have your luggage?
Aer Lingus will say that they cannot/will not compensate you, you should claim off your insurance for delay. You need to decide what you want to do.
Can you extend your holiday by a few days? Can they get you on a different return flight?
Get an idea of costs lost if you can’t do this- lost Park day cost, accommodation cost and keep a note.
I would give your insurance company a call first to find out the limit to your cover.
For all that I complained about our lost luggage last year, had we missed our dub-Mia flight we would have had a 2 day wait in Dublin.
I sat in Birmingham airport waiting for the flight, checking out departures to any Florida airports from Dublin that day. I was ready to kick up a huge fuss.
Have they given you a phone number to contact them at all?
I got onto their Facebook page, as did my husband and hounded them, some of it light hearted digging at their inefficiency, but mostly sheer annoyance at their complacency.

Edited at 07:32 PM.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
And I believe missed connections on a single ticket are within regulations and it will be deemed as a 24 hour delay at arriving at destination ,so you should get the maximum compensation of 600 euros per passenger. I know you would rather be in Orlando this evening, but hopefully it removes the sting. You may need to claim via AerLingus though, as I believe you flew on their plane from manchester and also the next leg is aer lingus.
Yes it was booked thru BA but AL is who we are flying on.I had a quick read but there r all these rules that if the airline says it’s not their fault you can’t claim! I know it depends on the reason but they cud just say weather.
The captain said they had been catching up on delays all day.The thing is if their first flight caused a knock on effect to future ones and they knew they shud have rerouted us!
Yes that wud take the sting out but I wud rather be in Orlando as I’m not convinced they will pay
All advice is welcome
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
It was booked to final destination.Ive had a quick google and it’s a mindfield.Hopefully a dibber who has been delayed and gone thru the process will be able to help
We were delayed direct by 4 hours a few weeks ago so can't confirm. However my DH [ut a clam in and used something on money saving expert.
I may have read it wrong but you had a 1.25 delay which meant you arrived for your connectionllate due to the delay.
It depends on why your flight was delayed. If it was the airlines fault the 1.25 min delay has had a knock effect to your connecting flight then I think that the flight should be classed as more than a 4 hour delay imo however that may not be the rules. It won't cost anything to submit a claim and find out though. Hope you enjoy your holiday when you get there.

Edited at 07:24 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HermioneFuzzle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

And this is Aer Lingus’ fault. They are very aware that Dublin is a transatlantic hub, they advertise it, capitalise on it and codeshare with BA. Yet they allow the delays to happen. They were aware that we had a connecting flight, as did most of our flight, yet chose to linger for 1 passenger. The air stewards were telling us that it happens all the time on the U.K. to dub links. The airport staff are well versed in racing people through because of their lateness.
Read the guidelines safe in the knowledge that this delay is their fault.
HermioneFuzzle is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

moneysavingexpert/tr.../#resolvertool
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HermioneFuzzle View Post
And this is Aer Lingus’ fault. They are very aware that Dublin is a transatlantic hub, they advertise it, capitalise on it and codeshare with BA. Yet they allow the delays to happen. They were aware that we had a connecting flight, as did most of our flight, yet chose to linger for 1 passenger. The air stewards were telling us that it happens all the time on the U.K. to dub links. The airport staff are well versed in racing people through because of their lateness.
Read the guidelines safe in the knowledge that this delay is their fault.
Sorry I can’t remember did u make urs or was urs where u raced thru with the kids?
I just need to find out y.All I know is there was a delay earlier on in the day and they were playing catch up.So if they knew hrs before they cud have rerouted us at Man.Also when we went to the gate at Man the staff were so rude.I went to ask about the connecting flight but there were 2ppl in front of me asking the same q and she literally just said all connecting flights r fine! Well that wasn’t true .I honestly thought they had delayed the MCO flight to let us all get on

Edited at 07:43 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Thx for this will do it when I’m home