Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Last night I found them with a shorter layover in Philladelphia. Maybe tonight the same will happen. Then again if we are delayed, 6 hours gives us a bit of wiggle room. Decisions, decisions!
Personally I would wait, it’s very early days and virgin/delta haven’t released their flights yet. I wouldn’t be jumping on a flight with 2 connections and a 6 hour layover just yet. Just my opinion.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
I check the BA app for the flights to work out the best dates if you’ve got some flexibility, and then go on the website for the flight and car option. If you fly out the day after, the connection times are shorter.
I was playing with dates. Maybe that’s why I saw a shorter connection time.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Mobile

It does get sooooo tempting when you see cheap indirect flights. I’m holding out for that price direct...with a car discount!

This better be worth the wait.😟
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
It does get sooooo tempting when you see cheap indirect flights. I’m holding out for that price direct...with a car discount!

This better be worth the wait.😟
Do you think you’ll find it?

I thought I’d just found Virgin Atlantic flights for £3000 ish direct with luggage and standard suv until I realised that it was only for one adult and 2 children. I think DH would not have been happy to be left at home! 😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I thought I’d just found Virgin Atlantic flights for £3000 ish direct with luggage and standard suv until I realised that it was only for one adult and 2 children. I think DH would not have been happy to be left at home! 😂
I sent you a rambling message about BA earlier, it might be worth giving Travelplanners a ring for a quote as Marvin told me he had lots of good prices with Virgin/Delta for Manchester!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

Do you think you’ll find it?

Honestly? No idea!

But I do know that although it seems like an eternity I’ve only actually been looking for about a month and in that time there have been some great Lufthansa deals and the BA deals a few weeks ago and last weekend.

Gotta be more to come! 👍
DisneyYoda is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
thedors
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I sent you a rambling message about BA earlier, it might be worth giving Travelplanners a ring for a quote as Marvin told me he had lots of good prices with Virgin/Delta for Manchester!

Those good prices are on Expedia, I am looking at MAN-JFK-TORONTO (they are a bit more for MCO, but I want to spend couple of days in Toronto.) then MCO-JFK-MAN for £1657, 18 July to 5 Aug for 4 people. No hold bags though.

But my friend has always got around £1500 for 5 with checked bags, when they book in Oct. So dont know whether to hold off until then.
thedors is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by thedors View Post
Those good prices are on Expedia, I am looking at MAN-JFK-TORONTO (they are a bit more for MCO, but I want to spend couple of days in Toronto.) then MCO-JFK-MAN for £1657, 18 July to 5 Aug for 4 people. No hold bags though.

But my friend has always got around £1500 for 5 with checked bags, when they book in Oct. So dont know whether to hold off until then.
I would take this if the routing suits.

Tbh UK to Toronto would be better as do pre clear only. This way you will have to clear in JFK and Toronto for the onflight. But it is a good price I think.

Edited at 11:01 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thedors View Post

That sounds good, I would like to do Toronto.
The good virgin/delta indirect flights quote was
25/7 MAN-ATL-TPA
15/8 MCO-BOS-MAN
It was a package with 3 nights at Disney, 3 nights at Universal & 1 night RPH 2ad 2ch (13 & 11) Total cost £3449 so no idea of actual flight price but seemed good to me!

Edited at 11:06 PM.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
jacquie
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Would people choose these flights?

It’s about nearly £600 extra to the total price with only one connection.
The layover in Philladelphia is ridiculously long which puts me off.
The price is for 2ad 1 teen and 1 child and it’s from 21st July to 13th August so quite a long time.

I’m happy with the price. I think the price is good. But 3 flights?

Thoughts please.

We’ve booked this flight out, but on 22nd July arriving into MCO at 6.32pm and we changed the return flight on 10th August to a connection in Philadelphia as well to save changing airports in London. Got a good price of £3556 for 6 of us including a 12 seater mini van xx
jacquie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List