Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 17 Feb 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lewisdolan8
New Poster (5)

3 week itinerary Help

We are first timers going to orlando for 3 weeks in October 2020.
We are staying in a villa in Kissimmee and have 3 weeks disney tickets and 2 weeks universal and have car hire
2 adults and 2 kids both have their 5th and 12th birthdays whilst there.

I'm struggling to come up with a plan on what to do and when.
As we have never been it's difficult to decide what park/water park to do each day, when to schedule a rest day, what rides to book fast passes on
Where to eat and when, any little extras could I do to make the kids birthdays that little bit extra special,

We are also getting married exactly 2 weeks into our holiday at the wedding chapel in Eustis.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
I would like to put a plan in place and create an itinerary so we have a rough plan on what we are doing.
lewisdolan8 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Scuttler01
slightly serious Dibber

Well, 3 weeks is plenty. A nice relaxed pace for Disney and universal. We (2 adults and 2 kids) normally schedule a rest day as a water park every third day. We always start with magic kingdom on day one. You’ll be up early due to jet lag. We usually last until early afternoon where we head back and chill at the pool. We tend to be up early all of that first week and don’t even attempt fireworks at night-generally we save those for later in. The holiday...

You’ve bags of time with 3 weeks...
Scuttler01 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow you’ve got so many events during your holiday! That’s gonna be super cool for the kids.

The busy day guide (might not have October on just yet) is going to be your best bet.

Everyone plans a little different, like for me I don’t go to a park on the first day as takes us a while to get used to stuff. Others jump straight in the park after the plane lands.

Fastpasses are easier to make a list of. First question would be is everyone tall enough? What rides will be most important to everyone?
I got mine to chose 3 rides they had to do etc and made sure we got them. As your offsite there will be some that will be quite hard to get so will need to be rope dropped.

I’d ask the kids what they want to do for their birthdays and plan around that.
I had my 31st out there. I decided on a restaurant and MK fireworks and then we worked around it.

There are tons of restaurants offsite. I’m not sure what they will do special for birthdays but I got a free sundae my birthday week.
I try and schedule plenty of days off but my kids were younger than yours last year.
The water park for few hours in the morning is a good “day off” then you can go celebration, old town, Florida mall or Disney Springs etc anything that isn’t a park on those for a more relaxed day.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 07:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lewisdolan8
New Poster (5)

Thank you! Great advice given me alot to think about
lewisdolan8 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 20, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LLOB
Staying in the Castle

3 weeks will be plenty. Make the most of jet lag early holiday up and out. Nothing like an empty magic kingdom on your first morning.
We stuck to the rule of 1 park per day just so we weren't dashing around and we chose restaurants in the park or near that park to minimise travel as a general rule.
Use the busy day guide to start you off.
Later in the holiday did pool mornings and park from noon til close. Worked really well for us.
Also did 2 days parks one day rest (waterpark or shopping) and added in park / dinner in the evening if we fancied so we could do some ad hoc stuff like return to a favourite park or try for a ride for second time etc

Edited at 03:26 PM. Reason: Add more
LLOB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Sort out some ground rules along the lines of everybody gets a say on what rides and parks. The 5 year old will dictate the pace.