Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 May 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Just be aware that you will get a customs bill from the delivery company..
I am hoping I am one of the ones who don't it seems a bit hit and miss, I spent $61, so not sure how much I would be charged
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I had a parcel from them back in March and there was no customs bill, it came via Fed-Ex (very quickly!).

We're getting low so need another load. Nice little treat during a time when they're few and far between.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Mobile

I researched, and didn't seem that their woukd be any customs fees, will feed back what happens.

Went for the Disney resort one, Tusker House (to remind me of bfast there) and the banana one and the pecan one.

Gone for beans...not sure if best...but I enjoy the grinding process, smells...and have time on my hands!
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We are waiting on our order to arrive, should be here in the next couple of days - I can’t wait .. we’ve got a new coffee machine coming too! We got the Aulani blend, in room blend, vanilla blend and Sanna blend x
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

L&R Dreaming recently got stung for customs charges after they had received the coffee. There are quite a few people in their facebook group also reporting receiving a bill from FedEx amongst others.Skme people also got messages from Joffery asking if they are going to pay the customs charges from FedEx otherwise they would cancel the order.
If you dont get a bill think yourself lucky

Edited at 11:29 AM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
I thought you only paid customs on goods over £135 in value? And there’d be no VAT due as it’s coffee?
That's your personal allowance when you bring goods back into the UK. Basically in this case you are importing the goods in hence why there is a charge. Its not necessarily VAT either. Although you can be charged that for the 'service' the delivery carrier charges.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

It's been nearly 4 weeks since we received our Joffrey's delivery via FedEx. We haven't yet received any bill from them so we may have just been lucky. Our order was only just over the $50 for free shipping.
Old 13 May 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Just been stung myself with a customs/handling charge. £18.70 on an order with a value of $70. £8 of that is just a royal mail handling charge. I went to collect it yesterday as the website says the sorting office is open till 6.30pm except it isn't its only open 7-11am and shut all day today according to a notice on the door. Ah well its only taken 7 weeks to get here whats another day!
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
L&R Dreaming recently got stung for customs charges after they had received the coffee. There are quite a few people in their facebook group also reporting receiving a bill from FedEx amongst others.Skme people also got messages from Joffery asking if they are going to pay the customs charges from FedEx otherwise they would cancel the order.
If you dont get a bill think yourself lucky
That's worrying, I wonder if the influx of us Brits ordering has put us in their radar.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Shame about the customs... The only thing I've ordered are tarte products and they don't seem to get caught up with customs tax, maybe they pay it. not sure.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List