Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 13 May 20, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Just received my Joffrey's order today as well Much needed as I've not been feeling too great today. I have a Keurig so I got three boxes of the pods (and one as a present for a friend), and my husband got 3 bags of ground coffee. From what I've seen from others, the customs bill normally comes after, so I will wait and see if we get anything in the next few weeks. To be honest, I'm more than happy to pay it! It's very difficult for me to get a variety of pods for my machine, and I normally use a mail forwarding service to get them from Walmart. Since the Joffrey's delivery was free, it meant I was saving quite a bit of money from doing it this way!

I do have a coupon in my box for anyone that is maybe interested in ordering - HomeBrew
I don't get anything from this, so just wanted to pass it on to anyone who is thinking of ordering and wants another 15% off. I'm not sure how many people it will work for, but feel free!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I would be interested to try the filter coffee but not worth the risk for $50. Does it taste anything like costa or Starbucks?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I would be interested to try the filter coffee but not worth the risk for $50. Does it taste anything like costa or Starbucks?
It is so much better than Starbucks and Costa
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
That's your personal allowance when you bring goods back into the UK. Basically in this case you are importing the goods in hence why there is a charge. Its not necessarily VAT either. Although you can be charged that for the 'service' the delivery carrier charges.
I’m not talking about personal allowance, I’m looking at gov.uk website for goods sent to the UK, of which only customs duty applies to coffee. Same with Royal Mail website for parcels received from overseas - the allowance is £135 for goods and shipping costs combined.

L&R ordered a flask so I assume they’ve paid duty and VAT on that plus the standard handling fee from the delivery company 🤷🏻
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
akhurstf1
VIP Dibber

In my opinion, it tastes better than Starbucks and Costa. When we stayed at the Polynesian I would always have a Kona Caramel Latte. Now I get to have it at home.
Old 13 May 20, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Depends on which one, we've really enjoyed the Kona Breakfast blend but find some of the flavoured ones far too mild compared to our coffees, I usually have mine on the standard strength setting on our machine but put it on extra strong when using those.

My UK faves are Costa, I'm not a fan of Starbucks burned taste, Whittard Guatemala elephant and when i'm feeling tight I just buy Waitrose beans for around £2-3 a bag to give you an idea of my taste in coffee!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for posting the link was really looking forward to drinking lots of Joffrey's in a couple of weeks time
Just put an order in to cheer myself up at least it'll be here quicker than waiting the year of postponing our visit
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by PumpkinCupcake View Post
Just received my Joffrey's order today as well Much needed as I've not been feeling too great today. I have a Keurig so I got three boxes of the pods (and one as a present for a friend), and my husband got 3 bags of ground coffee. From what I've seen from others, the customs bill normally comes after, so I will wait and see if we get anything in the next few weeks. To be honest, I'm more than happy to pay it! It's very difficult for me to get a variety of pods for my machine, and I normally use a mail forwarding service to get them from Walmart. Since the Joffrey's delivery was free, it meant I was saving quite a bit of money from doing it this way!

I do have a coupon in my box for anyone that is maybe interested in ordering - HomeBrew
I don't get anything from this, so just wanted to pass it on to anyone who is thinking of ordering and wants another 15% off. I'm not sure how many people it will work for, but feel free!

Ooo I would love the discount code as I was just about to put a wee order in for a few bags. Thank you and I wish I had a Keurig I must say, am so so jealous.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PumpkinCupcake
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
Ooo I would love the discount code as I was just about to put a wee order in for a few bags. Thank you and I wish I had a Keurig I must say, am so so jealous.
You’re welcome! It’s ‘HomeBrew’ I love my keurig so much and it’s so well used. I’ve had it for around 3/4 years now. It was bought as a present for my birthday so I’m not sure how much it cost, but I know that it was bought from a website called Office Barista. I think there’s only two machines to choose from, as they’re supposed to be for office use, but I’m more than happy with mine!
PumpkinCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Well tried 3 now

Banana fosters is the favourite
Toasted Smores next
The Donut one is nice but just tastes like coffee
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List