Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jan 21, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Stepaway
Serious Dibber

DS whose 6 loved the green side so we went on it a few times and were totally fine. I get quite bad motion sickness (Spider-Man, Transformers, Star Tours all make me feel nauseous) so I’m content to stay Green rather than risk writing off the rest of the day by going for Orange.
Stepaway is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
chelsie15
Serious Dibber

chelsie15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another vote for the orange side. Love this ride
chelsie15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
steph206
VIP Dibber

If you don't like being locked in then I would strongly advise against it. I went on this with my wife and daughter. Instantly felt panic, and started asking to get off, whilst my daughter thought it was me having a joke lol. Good experience if you can get passed that initial fear 😁
HONEYMOON 2016 - Oasis of the Seas / Orlando, Nov 2017, July 2018/2019, Dec 2022, July 2023
steph206 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Nope! (Only time I rode I was 21)

Despite all the thousands of warnings, me and my family decided to try orange thinking it honestly wouldn’t be that bad. We are all fine with rides - simulators, roller coasters etc - nothing normally bothers us. Oh boy.

We got off the ride. My sister was fine. I felt queasy. I said can we sit down somewhere and have a drink so we did. On the way, my poor mum vomited. Dad looked white as snow and was really struggling. They sat down for a drink. After a while they said they were going to walk slowly back to the hotel and just see how they were (we were at the Dolphin so very close).

Like I say, sister was fine. I couldn’t shake off the sick feeling for about two hours - so just strolled calmly round World Show Case not going on rides or anything - then finally puked and was then generally fine but a bit wobbly - could carry on but didn’t have an appetite.

Mum and dad both went for a lie down and slept for a good 3 hours. Dad was then ok but mum was still a bit wobbly so they spent the afternoon relaxing by the pool and joined us that night for a light dinner.

Safe to say that ride knocked a day out of our holiday - we were all fine the next morning (and starving!) but I haven’t gone on the ride since out of fear!

Is the green side generally the equivalent of say Star Tours? I’m fine on that ride!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Siff
Proud to wear my Ears

Hard nope from me! There's a reason why there are those benches outside the exit. My wife and myself spent about a good twenty mins there trying to recover. We just decided to head back to our room and rest for a while before going back. Will never ever do this again. But anyone else noticed that motion sickness seems to get worst with age?
Siff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
purikura
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Siff View Post
Hard nope from me! There's a reason why there are those benches outside the exit. My wife and myself spent about a good twenty mins there trying to recover. We just decided to head back to our room and rest for a while before going back. Will never ever do this again. But anyone else noticed that motion sickness seems to get worst with age?
Yes! I used to go on everything when I was younger - but definitely have struggled more and more as I get older with simulators especially. Star Tours is a definite no for me as is everything pretty much in Universal!
So interesting to see everyone who loves the ride! I actually feel quite sad that I don't enjoy it more but it's definitely a very Marmite ride.
purikura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 21, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Siff
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by purikura View Post
Yes! I used to go on everything when I was younger - but definitely have struggled more and more as I get older with simulators especially. Star Tours is a definite no for me as is everything pretty much in Universal!
So interesting to see everyone who loves the ride! I actually feel quite sad that I don't enjoy it more but it's definitely a very Marmite ride.
Star tours is exactly what I had mind. Went on this when I was young and loved it. As an adult I couldn't wait for it to be over
Siff is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Yeah we like it
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 21, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Wazowskiscar
Excited about Disney

Obviously not the same thing but on the subject of getting old making things worse - went to Disney a month after turning 30- stepped off Space Mountain with a thumping head ache which has never happened before and just oh god, I’m getting old!
Wazowskiscar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Did it once on the green side. Was so worried after reading about the possibility of feeling ill (didn't want to be ill for the rest of the day and miss out on the Margaritas in Mexico!) that I didn't even think about the enclosed aspect of it all.

I hated how claustrophobic it was, just wanted to get out!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List