Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Dec 17, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
travelgirl
Excited about Disney

travelgirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thomas cook help needed

We came home on Saturday from Mco - Man on the air tanker it was dreadful. The flight was delayed by 5 hours and was the worst flight we have ever been on. When we eventually boarded we were told there was no IFE and as a gesture there would be a free bar which amounted to 1 drink each. The food when it came was in a box, no tray and was inedible. We want to find out if we are entitled to compensation for the delay and how we go about it. Can anyone help?

Edited at 04:11 PM.
travelgirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

If you look on their website,there will be a form on there.
Easy to fill in,as I did it for a member of my staff last year,I believe she was paid the compensation,within about 2 weeks,if i remember correctly.
Tracy x
Old 18 Dec 17, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. There was another thread on this on Saturday. Am I right in saying it landed just under 4 hours late? If so the compensation level is different but they still have to pay.
Best of luck as they are not great on paying but certainly better then Thomson!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Compensation should be paid if you landed more than 3 hours late I believe. There are many on here who have successfully claimed and will hopefully advise you how to claim.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Was Manchester open on Saturday at the original arrival time? Or was it affected by snow and ice. If it was they may have delayed departure from MCO to allow MAN to open.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Food on all TC return flights from MCO never have a tray, just a box with all the stuff inside it.

Outward flight was delayed too so must have been a knock on effect.
3hr 50 min delay on return from MCO according to flightradar.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
travelgirl
Excited about Disney

travelgirl's Reviews
The pilot told us it was a knock on effect from a Friday flight being delayed at New York which caused the flight on Saturday morning to delayed. The guests arriving at our villa told me she had a terrible flight from Manchester with no ife as well.
Old 18 Dec 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. They cant use the weather reason for not paying. The weather impacted a flight that was over 36 hours before so it cannot be used as a reason for not paying passengers on your flight.
Otherwise they would keep 'rolling' the excuse right through the year!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

They can only avoid paying if it was extraordinary circumstances. As Tom alludes to, weather affecting a planes' previous route and not yours would no amount to extraordinary circumstances. That's called not having enough fleet to deal with foreseeable contingencies.
Tell them you wish to claim, there should be a form. They may not respond properly/ delay/ make up excuses.
You then have a couple of options. You could approach a solicitor who does these on a no win no fee, but they will take a chunk of your damages.
Alternatively you could issue small claims proceedings yourself. Unfortunately I had to resort to that against one airline, but some people may not be comfortable going down that route themselves.

Edited at 07:13 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
travelgirl
Excited about Disney

travelgirl's Reviews
I have spoken to Thomas Cook on Facebook and they have sent me a link to a form to put in a claim. I filled in a form with one of the no win no fee companies and they checked the flight and say we are entitled to compensation, but will wait to see the outcome with Thomas Cook before going down that route because they have 25% fees.