Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Nov 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
travelgirl
Excited about Disney

travelgirl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Margaritaville

Margaritaville is springing up fast now the houses are being built at a a fast rate there seem to be more everyday we pass. The water park is coming along as well but can’t understand why it’s so close to the 192 and I mean really close, it could cause a major distraction for driver.

Old 16 Nov 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We noticed how close to the road the Water Park was as well yesterday when we had to go up ont the 192 homes look as they are being flung up Wonder what the quality is like
Sign on the I4 says opening January 2019 but looks as though building work could go on a lot longer
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
How soooky! As it was so cold today we decided to drive up to see where the Villa is we are staying in March.

I was amazed how close to the highway it was. Funny how the tubes just end in mid air!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 18, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
WB72
Imagineer

Wasn't Wet & Wild like that, always thought it was very close to International Drive
WB72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 04:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WB72 View Post
Wasn't Wet & Wild like that, always thought it was very close to International Drive
Yes it was just as close.
Old 17 Nov 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
There are lots of possible distractions near the road everywhere in Orlando , but I don't think it would seem relaxing being at a waterpark so close to a major road a bit like building one on the M25 a, as well as the pollution
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Wet'n'wild was like that, and volcano bay is also very close to the road (tukey lake road on one side, and the I4 on the other side, where it's even more of a distraction)

but at the end of the day, as a previous poster said, there are so many distractions along the 192 that it will just be another matter of the driver keeping their eyes on the road, like they should, and like they do in any other situation
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

See we have driven past every day for three weeks and not much seems to have changed a couple more pieces of slide and that’s about it
I know I wouldn’t want to be going to one so close to the road
It’s a reason we haven’t been to volcano bay either
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 18, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
This got me thinking, always dangerous!

What ever happened to Water Mania? Closed down years ago due to lack of income I suppose. Shows they are a high risk financial enterprise

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
This got me thinking, always dangerous!

What ever happened to Water Mania? Closed down years ago due to lack of income I suppose. Shows they are a high risk financial enterprise
It closed at the end of September 2005 and lay derelict for quite a while. The Larson family that owned it also owned the Larson Lodge that was close by. The land was subsequently sold and is now shops and apartments.

In the early 90s we spent a few enjoyable afternoons there as it was generally fairly quiet.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List