Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Dec 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

TUI Bristol flights

We rescheduled this years trip to Orlando for next May. Last April we booked TUI PE flights from Bristol on 15th May returning 29th May.
Now if trying to book the same the flights from Bristol do not appear.
A little worrying and as one might expect it is too early to have heard anything from TUI if they have cancelled the flight.
I wondered if anyone else had heard any news regarding Bristol flights?
Brian
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Hi. We are in the same boat, there are a few threads on the same topic. My 22/05 flight from Bristol has vanished, as has the return. You can now only fly out every third Saturday rather than weekly. Last week the prices dropped further to only £400 each so clearly lots of availability. I’ve called them to be told the flight is still going, it’s probably sold out. Clearly this cannot be correct due to the price drop and COVID but Im told I won’t be told anything further until nearer the time. Not much good for trying to plan a holiday... so cannot book anything else until I know what’s happening here. Very poor service and now left in limbo
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Mkp1974 thanks very unsuitable situation obviously.
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

If you look at the flight timetable on the website it will show the flight isn’t listed to depart on these dates either so clearly in my view just deception from TUI and keeping hold of £ as long as possible
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

See my post & thread
Same thing has happened to us ... due to fly Saturday April 2nd 2022... from Birmingham booked the day it came out & reserved my preferred & needed (DS is disabled & has complex needs) sears in premium now flights are only Mon & Thursdays
Have rung Tui they are insistent we are going but on the flight schedule it doesn’t exist 🤷🏻🤷🏻 They say they will call me ASAP if they need to make a change... I don’t believe them
My deposit balance is due soon... know there are bigger problems at the moment but it’s one extra stress I don’t need...! 🙄
chris123armit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

perhaps they dont want anyone else to book that flight just in case it gets cancelled. it is a little early to cancel
Old 9 Dec 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

we transferred our May 2020 to May 2021 so all money was moved to the new booking for May 1st we did upgrade to premium cabin so the balance is due in 4 weeks time. The flight is not showing on the timetable either. we spoke to them yesterday and they said all is OK and would we like to pay the balance. we declined until more info comes out. One day i rally really want to go and the next i don't think it will happen then the next day i don't want to go and have to wear a mask etc .. it is all so unsettling
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Take that point but if the flight is not available to book, no one else can book. And so it’s more likely it will be cancelled
Old 9 Dec 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
perhaps they dont want anyone else to book that flight just in case it gets cancelled. it is a little early to cancel
When I booked my seats there were already 10 taken
Never had this problem when I booked 2020 that early... but just didn’t get to go! 🥴😢
Old 9 Dec 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

Our Sunday flights to & from Manchester in August aren’t on the flight schedule either. In fact they only appeared for about a week and when we booked several premium seats were reserved, presumably by cruise passengers heading to a TUI cruise, which at that point hadn’t been cancelled. TUI aren’t flying from Manchester on Sundays in 2021 which made us think it was a ‘special’ to connect with their cruises which set sail on Sundays. Whilst it would be great if it goes ahead I have severe doubts and just wish they would cancel now so we can research alternatives.
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List