Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Dec 20, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve just seen this for my august flight too (also from Bristol). Very concerning!
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderellabella
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I noticed a change in flights from Glasgow. Some of the flights now are not with TUI but using American Airlines/British Airways.
Cinderellabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisTUK
I want to go now!

We were due to fly on 21st April from Bristol. By chance I went to check our booking details today only to find that there was no record of them. I then found an auto-generated refund email within my spam folder but there had been no prior contact to advise us of this. I queried it with TUI via Twitter who confirmed that that the return flight has been cancelled hence why our booking was gone. The process doesn’t seem right to me as I would have liked to have been consulted first so I’ll be calling them on Monday.
ChrisTUK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

I spoke to TUI about our august flights and all they would say is it’s shown as still going but sometimes for some reasons they temporarily take flights off sale to make an assessment...

I mean if that’s true and they feel they need to do that it doesn’t feel entirely encouraging...

Wish I could cancel and book elsewhere but as we are flight only we are a bit stuffed!

Sorry for your experience ChrisTUK.

Edited at 12:26 AM.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by steve30 View Post
I spoke to TUI about our august flights and all they would say is it’s shown as still going but sometimes for some reasons they temporarily take flights off sale to make an assessment...

I mean if that’s true and they feel they need to do that it doesn’t feel entirely encouraging...

Wish I could cancel and book elsewhere but as we are flight only we are a bit stuffed!

Sorry for your experience ChrisTUK.
This has happened to me too I think booked on day the holidays came out for BHX flight (& holiday ) on Saturday 2/4/22... now it shows only Tues & Thursday flights from Bham that year... but Tui are insistent everytime I ring that it’s on... 🤞🏻🤞🏻 Due to pay the rest of my deposit soon..
Old 27 Dec 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We booked to fly from Birmingham late august 2022 as soon as they were released in November. Within days the flights were no longer showing and when I called I was fobbed off. A few weeks later I had a call telling me that I would have to fly out a couple of days later or change to Manchester so I changed as due to annual leave restrictions we really needed to fly on the Saturday.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Could it be that there are currently discussions occurring re conditions of flight?

It may be that in any initial resumption, pax may have to test on site at the airport prior to boarding. In this case, it may only be the major airports, I.e LHR in the early days.

The situation is all very fluid at the moment and airlines may be seeking clarity, suspending bookings until such time as they have it?

I feel sure that few if any know with certainty how things will be done on resumption. It may also be that US immigration and security may require a Covid test on arrival. Again, this may initially limit travel to the major airports, NY, Chicago, Detroit, SFO, LAX etc. Sanford (or MCO) may not be near the top of any list.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 12:19 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Regardless, airlines need to treat their customers with respect rather than contempt. The delaying tactics from the airlines are appalling. As I’ve said I’ve got a flight only and due to TUI incompetence I don’t know what to do, or whether to pay my balance - if they cancel late I’ve lost £7k as cannot get to the hotel and too late to get another flight. Never flying with TUI again - no defence for the way they are treating customers
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

The last months have shown exactly what the various airlines think of their customers.

The last months have also shown me which airlines treat their customers with marginally less contempt than others. This new knowledge will affect where I place my money for many years to come.

I drive from Falmouth and past Bristol in order to get to Heathrow, where my choices are far, far greater and competition tends to drive down prices. That extra 2 hours of driving saves me a fortune... and I have always liked LHR in any case.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 02:31 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisTUK View Post
We were due to fly on 21st April from Bristol. By chance I went to check our booking details today only to find that there was no record of them. I then found an auto-generated refund email within my spam folder but there had been no prior contact to advise us of this. I queried it with TUI via Twitter who confirmed that that the return flight has been cancelled hence why our booking was gone. The process doesn’t seem right to me as I would have liked to have been consulted first so I’ll be calling them on Monday.
ChrisTUK did you get any response yesterday from TUI
tapley is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List