Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Dec 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
pamatt
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Which hotel if no dining plan?!

We had our Xmas trip cancelled, (refunded within 2 weeks so would consider Virgin again) now looking at options for later next year.
For our 'Disney week' we've always stayed on site (done pofq, cbr, aoa) & had the dining plan. If the dining plan doesn't return, we're considering a non Disney hotel, ideally near Disney Springs. We wouldn't want to hire a car - only 1 of us drives and we've always found Disney buses fine. Any hotels you would recommend? It will be 2 adults and a 17yr old.
And have I missed any news on the dining plan returning?!
pamatt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 20, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pamatt View Post
We had our Xmas trip cancelled, (refunded within 2 weeks so would consider Virgin again) now looking at options for later next year.
For our 'Disney week' we've always stayed on site (done pofq, cbr, aoa) & had the dining plan. If the dining plan doesn't return, we're considering a non Disney hotel, ideally near Disney Springs. We wouldn't want to hire a car - only 1 of us drives and we've always found Disney buses fine. Any hotels you would recommend? It will be 2 adults and a 17yr old.
And have I missed any news on the dining plan returning?!
If you stay offsite Uber/Lyft are reasonable too
Old 12 Dec 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Good budget option is Rosen lake buena vista ...loads of restaurants nearby decent shuttle bus no resort fees and the lynx bus stop is outside aswell which takes you to Disney
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 20, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I usually stay off site but I do have a car and I am happy to use it and spend time in traffic jams etc.

If you are not driving, I would stay onsite and put some extra funds to one side to pay for meals. Off-site hotel food is just as expensive as Disney (or not much difference).
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 20, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Take a look at the partner hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard. We've stayed at the Wyndham and B Resort and can recommend them both, although B Resort is more contemporary (but does have a shaded pool in the afternoon).

The buses run every 30 minutes and are very reliable. Some off site hotels offering a shuttle only have a couple a day so make sure you check this before booking.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
I usually stay off site but I do have a car and I am happy to use it and spend time in traffic jams etc.

If you are not driving, I would stay onsite and put some extra funds to one side to pay for meals. Off-site hotel food is just as expensive as Disney (or not much difference).
I wouldn’t say offsite food is as expensive - but there are lots of viable options based on taste (Denny’s or ihop for 2 was like $20, but you’d only get a quick serve meal for that)

I have stayed on idrive a couple times - I would say for a Disney base it’s not the best, it’s great for universal and the rest though. We’ve staying in the Rosen international - it’s a fab hotel, so one can only assume the Rosen at lake Buenavista will be a similar basic, clean and comfy standard
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 20, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

We have stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort before and a two bedroom deluxe suite costs around the same as a Disney Value Resort. It is next to CBR so you are still very close to the parks.

With a 17 year old in tow, this place would give them their own bedroom - usually on the opposite side of the suite - to give you and them more privacy. Lots to do on site and regular shuttles to the parks if you are not driving or a low cost taxi / Uber than if you stayed further away.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 21, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
GroovyYvee
Proud to wear my Ears

Happy New Year everyone!
We’re thinking along the same lines regarding hotels if there’s no dining plan next year: there are a few interesting options within walking distance of Disney Springs that look good. Has anyone stayed at the Hilton Buena Vista or the Hilton Buena Vista Palace? They both have shuttles to the parks every half hour and the option to return to the hotel via one of the DS buses, plus 60-day fastpass booking because they are Disney partner hotels. I think the experience would be pretty similar to staying at some of the on-property hotels, but with the bonus of all the DS shopping and dining options within walking distance!
GroovyYvee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

We stayed at B Resort. It was great. You could walk to Springs on around 10 mins.

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post

Off-site food is WAY cheaper than Disney prices!