Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 10 Jan 21, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

3 to 4 week plan help

Hi everyone - I’ve not been off here for a while but I think I need some planning to cheer me up from our cancelled trip from 2020!

We are 2 adults and it’s now likely we would be going in August 2022 (due to a teaching profession) but as we’ve missed two big birthdays now, we want to do a much larger trip.

We would probably want to split stay with Disney/I-Drive and do all the parks (Disney with water parks, Universal and Volcano Bay, Seaworld and Busch Gardens). We would defo need some rest days! Has anyone done similar and can share some example itineraries please?
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 21, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

I used touringplans to do my itineraries but we stayed near 192 and only did disney
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
We did three weeks once , two weeks in Villa off the 27 Sunset lakes , and one week on the Gulf coast . Covered Disney and water parks and Universal and Island of Adventure from the Villa on the 27 for first two weeks , then from Gulf coast we did Busch gardens and chilled out . When we finished holiday on Journey back to MCO we stopped at Disney springs again for a last Disney rush 😂
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post

We do 7 days disney, 14 days villa or hotel the 7 days universal, during the villa stay there is plenty of time for Busch, Disc cove, shopping , Seaworld and rest days etc.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by victorbertram View Post
We do 7 days disney, 14 days villa or hotel the 7 days universal, during the villa stay there is plenty of time for Busch, Disc cove, shopping , Seaworld and rest days etc.
So would you have a heavy 7 days to start with whilst on site?
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post

If by heavy you mean Disney parks only then yes, go on as many rides as possible, no water park though , we do them during the villa stay (14 day tickets). Do what we want in the villa stay then just universal, my wife does spend some time round the pool but if i get bored i go to the parks on my own and do single rider. Dont do this every year , every two to three so get new rides in and to save for it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

We do 3 weeks every time we go (13, 15, 17, 19 and should have been 21 but changed now to 2022!) We hire a villa as we are a group with my parents and our 3 teenagers. We love the flexibility of a villa. If you are wanting to do all the main parks, 3 weeks is ideal to give you plenty of time to explore them all and still have plenty of days available to see some of the other gems that Florida has to offer. We used the busy day guide and planned accordingly. We tended to avoid the theme parks at the weekends and went to the likes of Lake Louisa, shopping at the malls, Celebration. For Universal/IoA we stayed one night at the hotel for the express passes, which worked really well. We also took a couple of days and Clearwater and would recommend the Pierhouse 60 hotel. Have never stayed onsite at Disney, so can’t comment about it. We did have the 14 day pass for one holiday and enjoyed the flexibility of going in when it suited us. Happy planning!
Old 22 Jan 21, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gabsnoot
Imagineer

We started off doing 10 nights on our first trip and gradually worked our way up through 14, 17, 19, 21 nights because our last trip was never long enough We were booked for 4 weeks in 2020 which we have moved to 2021 Since the trips have started to get longer we have always started with a Villa stay and end on-site at Disney with something different in between like a beach stay. We usually visit Busch, have a night at Universal for express passes etc during the villa part of the trip.

I know some people prefer it the other way round though, taking advantage of the early rises at the beginning of the trip for parks and chilling out more near the end
Gabsnoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List