Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 Jan 21, 02:04 AM  
Link to this Post
enchantedbelle
Looking for my Ears

Oct 2021

I came here hoping for some peace of mind and I’m yet to get any! We’ve just booked my first ever trip to Disney World for the week of October 11th and it’s my birthday the day after, but now I’m really worried that it won’t be what I hope it will be

I’m so pleased about the vaccine rollouts but I feel like Florida is moving very slowly compared to the UK so we don’t know when character meets will return, and I want nothing more than to meet Gaston on my birthday!

Completely aware that this is not the biggest issue of the year and people’s lives/safety will always be more important, but with the amount of money we’re spending and the significance of this trip for me I really just need someone to reassure me it’ll be okay (
enchantedbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
nickmad
Trying for More Ears

We are due to go in September. I don't think things will be back completely to normal by then, but I think the change of President will help speed up the vaccination progress over there as it appears that the Federal Government under Biden will be a lot more active in getting this done. Not sure about character interaction but I think the only place he appears is by Gaston's Tavern in Fantasyland so that would be the best place to go on your birthday - and maybe book a meal at the Be Our Guest restaurant.
nickmad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Iike you belle we are booked in for early November and are looking for a bit of hope if I can offer some it's this, we the UK are doing well with the vaccine roll out.

Also in 3 days biden is president and I think finally the US will listen to the scientists and they will roll out their vaccines.

Once the majority of the above has happened the world will be in a much better place
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
eastendpar
Excited about Disney

eastendpar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
“Hope for the best, prepare for the worst”
Even with the roll out of the vaccines it will not solve the problem overnight. IMHO there is still a long way to go to get back to anything close to pre-pandemic life not just in Florida but worldwide.

That said I do think that Florida holidays later this year are a real possibility but not like those, fortunate to have been previously, have experienced before.

As one who has been lucky to have gone almost every year (including March this year) for the past 13 years I doubt we will return until late 2022 at the earliest.

For those planning to go this year I truly hope you have the holiday and that Florida can make those dreams come true.
eastendpar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by enchantedbelle View Post
I came here hoping for some peace of mind and I’m yet to get any! We’ve just booked my first ever trip to Disney World for the week of October 11th and it’s my birthday the day after, but now I’m really worried that it won’t be what I hope it will be

I’m so pleased about the vaccine rollouts but I feel like Florida is moving very slowly compared to the UK so we don’t know when character meets will return, and I want nothing more than to meet Gaston on my birthday!

Completely aware that this is not the biggest issue of the year and people’s lives/safety will always be more important, but with the amount of money we’re spending and the significance of this trip for me I really just need someone to reassure me it’ll be okay (
Believe me everyone on this site wants a return to normal and you will get mixed opinion on whether it will or wont be.

IMO and it is just my opinion things will still be different but hopefully getting back to normal. It's hard I know but there is so far to go and normal may look very different than before pandemic normal.

But, you can have lots of fun, a really good birthday and really enjoy yourself.

Its 9 months away, cross your fingers and toes, hope that borders open both ours and the US and keep positive.
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

In contrast to the UK all parks in Florida are open. People are not locked down. While I don't know the specifics it feels like life is relatively normal in terms of what is open. Obviously masks and social distancing remain but with the vaccine roll out gathering pace in the US as well I am hopeful for our October trip.

We're not a Disney family so can't comment on what may or may not be available and if it matches previous years...I guess if it's your first trip then you'll still have a blast!

There's so much more to Florida than Disney so it depends what you want from a trip. Excluding Disney, I don't see Oct this year being much different to what Oct 22 will be like.
Wolf1984 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Im worried for our Oct trip. We were there Oct 19 and I just dont think its going to be the same. Its alot of money to not get the full magic. We seeing how things are by April.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneybear
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I’m booked in November 2021 for my birthday. I’ve adjusted my expectations accordingly (eg happy to wear masks) and even with these changes, it will be a big improvement on my 2020 birthday which was spent in lockdown. I’ll just be happy to be in Florida.
Disneybear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by enchantedbelle View Post

Nobody can truly give you that reassurance at this point and my advice is to not believe anybody that tells you that they can see into the future anyway.

We have decided that we should prepare for the possible different scenarios, which may be anything from wearing masks to swapping Disney for Universal or maybe postponing (again) to another year.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
enchantedbelle
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by eastendpar View Post
“Hope for the best, prepare for the worst”
Even with the roll out of the vaccines it will not solve the problem overnight. IMHO there is still a long way to go to get back to anything close to pre-pandemic life not just in Florida but worldwide.

That said I do think that Florida holidays later this year are a real possibility but not like those, fortunate to have been previously, have experienced before.

As one who has been lucky to have gone almost every year (including March this year) for the past 13 years I doubt we will return until late 2022 at the earliest.

For those planning to go this year I truly hope you have the holiday and that Florida can make those dreams come true.
I agree completely and it’s very sad to imagine things won’t be normal, but I guess it’s one of those things that the next time you go (after covid) you’ll be able to fully appreciate it. I’m expecting to still have to wear masks but other than that I really have no clue what’s in store but there’s still 9 months to go! A lot can change
enchantedbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List