Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Oct 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
Very Serious Dibber

Place you picked the car up from:- Sanford Airport
Catergory of car hired:- Standard SUV
Make of car you got:- Chevrolet Equinox
Hire car company used:- Alamo Brits (£390 booked 18 months in advance)

Really good car. Plenty of room for us, a couple. Would take four large cases in the boot.
Plenty of toys, and has apple car play. Used an unlimited data US sim, and plugged iPhone into the car and used Apple maps for the Sat nav. Worked great and had lane indication too.

Here’s a few videos of the car play...
i.imgur/oZaGGDL.mp4
i.imgur/ZlRG9Qf.mp4

Edited at 12:09 AM.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Welsh Haggis
a Friend of the DIBB

Ford Edge

Ford Edge SUV, great to drive, 4 adults, managed to get most of 6 cases in the back, 1 bag on the back seat between passengers. Comfy car and returned @23 mpg local trips and 35 mpg on a run to Busch. Would select again if available. Sorry only picture I took was at end of holiday going to airport.

Welsh Haggis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

VW Atlas premium edition in summer, with all the bells and whistles including self steering (light years off Tesla that though). Not bad for a ‘standard’ SUV and $10 tip. Paid £450 for 2 weeks.

Edited at 12:31 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Chrysler Pacifica
Mini van
Orlando international
Alamo (booking through virgin holidays)

So looked at all the doge caravans and lowest mileage was 16,000, then noticed the Pacifica on the other side asked and was told I could take it.

Had 180 miles on the clock. No satnav but apple play so used that for satnav.

Lovely drive, mental gear changer on the dash near the radio!

Had 6 people in most of the time, drive was better than the dodge caravan on my opinion.

Had mirror sensors to tell when cars were in blind spot.

Put 700 miles on it over the 2 weeks. Had a slow puncture on the front right but didn’t want to send it back for fear of getting some 50k mileage caravan slug!

With single rear seat down did 6 cases and 5 hand luggage.

Old 20 Jan 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Infinity QX 80
Alamo via VH at MCO

Had more toys than I knew you could get on a car, absolutely loved it, was thirsty but who cares when fuel is that cheap

Only had 300 miles on the clock, seat warmers are on as my bum was soaked thanks to Popeye and Blutos bilge ride
Old 16 Feb 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
highgates
Gone all Goofy

Location -Four points Orlando.
Category booked-Convertible.
Car supplied-Ford Mustang ECOboost 2.3 turbo.
Date- October 2019 5days £176.(Alamo brits).

Vehicles booked for collection seem to arrive just before your pick time,mine was around 10mins late and was driven down from Orlando airport.

Trunk capacity not a problem as on this occasion we had choosen the shuttle transfers hence the Ford Mustang option at Four Points

I have taken some pictures to demonstrate luggage ability.

We enjoyed our experience and felt alittle like teenagers driving around in the Florida sun,lol.
highgates is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 20, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
highgates
Gone all Goofy

Location- Hyatt Convention Centre,Orlando.
Category booked-Full size SUV.
Car supplied-Cadillac Escalade,6.2L V8.
Oct 2019 8days.
Alamo Brits.

I had a slight issue with the Ford Mustang the previous week so Alamo upgraded my 2nd week booking (Fullsize SUV) to a Luxury SUV and included a free tank of fuel
APP]https://www.thedibb.co.uk/postImages/86738/22bbbf2597bac5.jpg[/APP]

Restricted rear view hence camera mirror

Fully loaded including auto park asist
highgates is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 20, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Category booked: Full size SUV
Car supplied: Ford Expedition Limited
Date: 16 Feb 20
Provider: Alamo (via Virgin Holidays)

Had a choice, as it happily turned out, between a Nissan Armada and the Ford Expedition. No contest. The only issue has been the rear wiper turning on when I turned the engine off this morning at Discovery Cove. Decided to leave it until we left DC. It looks like the motor has gone as the wiper is stuck in mid-wipe bit everything else still works so I'm keeping it for the moment. I'm only here for a week so don't want to waste time heading back to Alamo to get a swap (even if I could get a free upgrade out of it).

Old 21 Feb 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
rinroo
Very Serious Dibber

rinroo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Location - Tampa International Airport
Category - Group L Chevrolet Surburban or similar
Car given - GMC Yukon XL
Hire car company - Avis through British Airways
Cost £566 for 14 nights

The car was pre selected for us and was waiting in the bay, our name/bay number were on the Avis preferred screen at the garage (We signed up for Avis preferred)

This was a lovely car with so much room. Full of gadgets such as wireless phone charging, sat nav, Heated seats/steering wheel- not that we needed those features! Parking cameras electric tailgate basically all the bells and whistle it was So roomy, we were 3 adults a teen and a toddler and we had so much space.

It had 5001 miles on the clock and was surprisingly really economical with fuel considering we put almost 800 mile on the clock.

*DLP Santa Fe 03-04-05-07**First WDW Trip Oct/Nov 2011**Sept/Oct 2014 RPR-AKV-POFQ**Christmas/NYE 2015/16 OKW BCV AKV* *Nov/Dec 2018 OKW - Daisy’s 1st Trip* *Feb 2020 POR/OKW* *Feb 2024 Dibb Villa ASM OKW AKL 3 weeks with just 3 of us*
rinroo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Mobile

Location - MCO
Category - Standard SUV
Car given - Ford Edge Titanium
Hire car company - Alamo
Cost £174 for 7 nights through Expedia

There were very few cars in the standard SUV line up at MCO upon arrival. We were putting our cases in a Kia Sorento when the Ford Edge was being parked up and it seemed a better option as full leather (with air con seats), built in sat nav and a massive boot.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List

Tags
alamo, avis, avis preffered, budget, car hire, compact, dollar, full size, hertz, intermediate, midsize, mini van, sixt, standard, suv, thrifty