Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Nov 19, 02:42 AM  
Link to this Post
jonomassey
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile Lyft- anyone experienced this?

Hi, sorry for the long post.
Currently stopping at the hard rock hotel and needed to get some supplies from Walmart.

Booked a Lyft from Jurassic zone. Everything was ok until I had a message to say driver was here. I couldn’t see him and so gave him a call. He said he was there waiting for me. He was at a different location to me and said sorry my mistake, I’ll be there in 5. Next thing I know the app had changed to picked up and I could see the driver moving. I gave him a call and he said traffic was bad and I’ll be there soon. 10 mins later no show and so gave him another call. Same story but he had moved locations. I said can I please cancel and he said ok no problem. 30 mins later the ride was still active so phoned him again, he said I had to cancel on the app which you can’t do as he has said he’s picked me up. Now 2 hours later I’m watching him drive around I drive with me as a passenger. Now worried I’ll be charged for all this! Anybody have any suggestions what I can do?
jonomassey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Gally1968
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

There is a ‘help’ facility on the app to send them a message.

Just explain you were never picked up & they’ll sort it. Any time I’ve had an issue it’s pretty much dealt with immediately.
Old 13 Nov 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
dietcokebreak
slightly serious Dibber

I agree, the help feature was good.

I had this the first time i used the service, driver went to wrong location, then i had a message charging me for the ride, annoying but quickly sorted by the help desk.

Just make sure when you arrange the lyft, that you use the front desk as pick up point, depending where you are when you book it, the app sometimes reverts to your coordinates at the time of booking.
dietcokebreak is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I found Lyft difficult to use compared to uber. Whilst I had discounts for 10 rides I used it but depending where I was.

At universal pick up I never used them as you couldn't message the driver unlike uber. I got fined a no show as I couldn't find him in the traffic, this got refunded though
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

Yes, my son had this at 11.30 pm in downtown Orlando after he had watched a gig. His driver was waiting for him apparently but not at the pick up point, she charged a wait fee for this, then had apparently picked him up and was driving back to Kissimmee, he was tracking her doing this. He couldn't get through to her, nor arrange an alternative ride. He was terrified as the area is not nice at that time of a night and him. My husband went out to collect them but they of course had to wait for him to arrive. Lyft then charged my son twice for the ride and twice for the 'wait' fee. we did get it back but it took over a week. Apparently the driver picked up the wrong passenger? but dropped them at our gated community, I think not.
He said he will stick to Uber next time.

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

We used Lyft once in Boston and the driver seems to me like he was messing about , driving up close to where we were and then driving off.when he turned up I got weird vibes off him , he didn’t say a single word nor anything when we got to our drop off.
I use Uber a lot both here and in the US and it works for me,an UBer driver in Birmingham told me to always use the message function to direct the driver to exactly where you are as some drivers are unscrupulous but you have that information stored on your account if you dispute with Uber as you can prove you stated your exact location even if you put by the plant pot near the front door .

Edited at 10:53 AM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jonomassey
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thanks not just me then. The ride now has been cancelled however doesn’t show in my ride history. I have a pending charge for the ride fee so will contact them to make sure they refund any charges. Lyft have been fab up until this point but will use Uber for the ride back to Disney tonight.
jonomassey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

In many places - not sure about MCO - drivers pick up for both Lyft and Uber. So whilst you might be happier with one app/service, you won't necessarily be dealing with different drivers.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dietcokebreak View Post
I agree, the help feature was good.

I had this the first time i used the service, driver went to wrong location, then i had a message charging me for the ride, annoying but quickly sorted by the help desk.

Just make sure when you arrange the lyft, that you use the front desk as pick up point, depending where you are when you book it, the app sometimes reverts to your coordinates at the time of booking.
I had the same problem the first time I tried to use Lyft - the driver went to the wrong pick up location - I was going to Discovery Cove from POFQ. I tried ringing him but got voicemail so I left a message but he didn't get back to me. So I then got an Uber - it arrived within minutes. I used Uber again at the end of the day. Lyft charged me but the help desk sorted it. But since that was my first attempt at using Lyft I didn't bother with them again. I just use Uber now.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List