Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Jun 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh that pretzel looks yummy. And what a lovely lot of cocktails. It sounds like you had a really fun day at universal. NBC has never really appealed to me, but reading this I'm now not sure why!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Day 6- Sunshine Seasons, Epcot

Our day started with breakfast in the land. We ordered the Breakfast Power Wrap (with Wild Rice, Sweet Potatoes, Blueberries, Avocado and Tofu) which was really tasty and the unusual fillings worked really well together,

and a Breakfast Croissant (filled with Ham, Egg and Cheese) which was also really good, I love ham and cheese melted together.

We can’t turn down cocktails at the best of times so when they are included in the dining plan, we had to order them even at breakfast.We chose a Raspberry Rum Lemonade and Kahlua Iced Coffee

Both were delicious. The Lemonade was frozen and the raspberry flavour was really strong. Brett wished he had put lots of milk in his coffee to make it a creamy cocktail but he knew for next time≈and at least he was wide awake now.

Joy of Tea, China, Epcot
During my research I found the perfect cocktail for Brett at the China Pavilion- Tipsy Ducks In Love (with Bourbon Whisky, Coffee, Black Tea, Cream and Chocolate Syrup) so we bought one of these. He declared it his favourite cocktail so far- I don’t like coffee but it really was delicious, you can taste the cream and chocolate more than anything.

Primavera Kitchen, Italy, Epcot
We shared Pizza Toscana (Rustic Italian Flatbread with Sweet Sausage, Caramelized Onion, Mozzarella, Asiago and Parmesan Cheeses)

And≈Frozen Margarita (Limoncello and Tequila).

Both were amazing. The pizza was cut into two sections and had lots of topping- Brett had the biggest piece but I think I got the better deal as it had a mountain of cheese on it. The drink was frozen but melted quickly in the heat, it was very citrusy with a hint of the Tequila taste.

Hanami, Japan, Epcot
We headed to Hanami in Japan to try the famous Frushi (Fresh Pineapple, Strawberry and Melon rolled with Coconut Rice garnished with Whipped Cream, Berry Sauce Drizzle and Toasted Coconut).

We also got a cocktail- Ichigo Sun (Sake, Strawberry≈Purée and Lemonade).

Both were so refreshing in the hot sun and I can see why Frushi is so popular as it is so sweet and fruity. The cocktail was my favourite of the day as I think I prefer the non-frozen versions

The Smokehouse, America, Epcot
We headed to America to get a Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue and House-made Pickle

Florida Fresh, America, Epcot
and Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue.

Oh my these were amazing, I think key lime is my joint favourite dessert with Creme Brulee. The slider was hard to eat as it was so full of meat and sauce and we made a bit of a mess, but it was worth it- the cheddar fondue was the best.

Les Vins des Chefs de France, Epcot
We shared an Orange Slush (Grand Marnier, Rum and Grey Goose Orange and Orange Juice). This was amazing and they definitely use more alcohol in the regular booths compared to the Festival and they are bigger. I wanted to try the lemon version but we had more places to try.

Rose and Crown Pub, UK, Epcot
I wanted to show Brett the Rose and Crown Pub and how stereotypical it was of a British pub. He thought it was hilarious how much the Americans lapped it up. The beers in there are so terrible but the Americans love it. We shared a Welsh Dragon cocktail (Peach Schnapps, Melon Liqueur, Crème de Menthe, Orange Juice, and Pineapple Juice served in a Souvenir Cup) and Brett was pleasantly surprised with how nice it was- it reminded me of a June Bug but with a hint of mint

Northern Bloom, Canada, Epcot
Our final festival stop of the day was the Maple Popcorn Shake with Crown Royal Maple Whisky. This was very strong for a little drink but it was delicious- it really did taste like a maple milkshake.

Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming, Disney Springs.

It was dinnertime after all that festival food! The smell was insane and we couldn’t wait to try the famous fried chicken- we had been looking forward to this for a long time. We ordered cocktails first, I had Honey Lavender (Fresh strawberries and raspberries muddled with rosemary lavender vodka, lemon juice, honey syrup, and garnished with rosemary and a lemon twist)

and Brett had Rumshine Punch (Strawberry RumShine, blackberry brandy, banana liqueur, pineapple juice and house-made grenadine)

They were really good, Brett loves rum the most but he is partial to brandy so this was perfect for him. They didn’t taste strong so mine went down very fast and I ordered the Apple Pie A La Mode (Ole Smokey Apple Pie Moonshine, vanilla vodka, apple juice, cinnamon, house-made simple syrup and a dash of lemon)

I really love Moonshine- we have a bottle of back home from a tattoo convention and it is so good with ginger beer!

I ordered Art's Famous Fried Chicken (Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, a cheddar drop biscuit and love)

and Brett had Chicken and Donuts (Two pieces of Chef Art Smith's famous fried chicken served with house-made sugar doughnuts and creamy mashed potatoes).

I shared the cheddar drop biscuit with Brett as it was amazing and he gave me donut and syrup to try. The mashed potato was to die for and I ate all this before I moved onto the chicken. The chicken portion on my plate was huge and I could see Brett was pleased that he would be having more fried chicken for breakfast in the morning. I managed one piece and boxed the rest up. It was really delicious and the coating is so tasty but not greasy.

We asked for desserts to go and ordered Hamilton County Chocolate Pecan Pie (A 100-year-old traditional Smith Family Farm recipe served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream) and Auntie's Chocolate Cake (Aunt Evelyn’s luscious chocolate cake garnished with candied pecans). I nibbled on the pecan pie for the next couple of days and it was so sickly sweet, I wish I’d had room to eat it warm at the time as it was so good. The chocolate cake was huge and lasted a few days before it started going dry- it was packed full of chocolate cream. I forgot to get pictures but they were both amazing. I highly reccomend Homecoming

All of Team Bricki's Trip and Food Reports

2019- Our Super Secret Wedding and Honeymoon In Disney World
2021- London
2022- Brett's 40th Celebrations In Orlando
2023- Lisbon and Sorrento
2024- Athens and Italy Tour

INSTAGRAM teambricki_yorkshire_foodies
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh that pretzel looks yummy. And what a lovely lot of cocktails. It sounds like you had a really fun day at universal. NBC has never really appealed to me, but reading this I'm now not sure why!
The pretzel was honestly heaven especially with the dip! NBC wasnt on our list either until we realised Jorge worked there but it was really fun, typical American sports bar we enjoyed it

2021- London

princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The Flower and Garden snacks look so good.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 19, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The Flower and Garden snacks look so good.
they were really nice, we managed to do three days of snack eating at F&G

2021- London

Old 12 Jun 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Day 7- Magic Kingdom

Breakfast of the day at Magic Kingdom for Brett was my leftovers from Homecoming on the wall while we waited for Gaston. It tasted just as good cold the next day.

Be Our Guest, Magic Kingdom
For lunch we had an ADR in the Beast's Castle. This is such a great use of a QS credit. We had the Croque Monsieur (Grilled Sandwich of Carved Ham and Gruyere Cheese and Bechamel with Pommes Frites)

and French Dip Sandwich (Served on a Baguette with Au Jus and Pommes Frites) and split them between us.

I love the gravy dip and the fact that the beef is rare. The ham and cheese toastie was so good too and packed with cheese, I needed to order the breakfast version of this next time. The portions arereasonable too. We regretted not trying the Grey Stuff Cupcake but made a note to order it when we came back for breakfast.

We had a Mimosa and Peach Bellini, both were delicious, I love that cocktails are available with QS meals too.

Aloha Isle, Magic Kingdom
We picked up Brett's first Dole Whip Float on the way to Pirates. He remarked it would taste great with rum- it's a good job Trader Sam’s was on the agenda today then!

Trader Sams, Polynesian
We got to the Poly at 3.15pm and headed over to Trader Sams to put our names down. I made a massive rookie error here as Trader Sam’s now opens at 3.00pm and it was packed. Luckily we got in but it was standing room only. I ordered the Polynesian Pearl (RumChata Cream Liqueur, Grand Marnier, and Cinnamon with Tropical Juices. The Pearl is yours to keep!)

and Brett got his wish and ordered Spikey Pineapple with extra shot of rum (Barbancourt Pango Rhum blended with Pineapple Soft-serve.)

Now these were cocktails- no watered down creations here. I don’t know if I’ve mentioned this enough but Brett loves rum so I knew this bar was going to be right up his street.

We found a little space to stand and luck was on our side again as a couple were standing upto leave the big table in the centre and offered us their seats. Our Ohana ADR wasnt until 6.30pm so we wondered if we could sample all the cocktails with souvenir mugs as they would look great in our living room with our skull decor. We ordered the Uh-Oa (Myers’s Original Dark Rum, Bacardi Superior Rum, Orange, Passion Fruit, Guava, Pineapple, and Grapefruit Juices, Falernum, Cinnamon, and fresh Lime Juice.Recommended for Two or more Guests. Served in a souvenir Tiki Bowl), which was set on fire and we were encouraged to throw cinammon in to make it spark and then they put it out, spraying everyone else with water in the process. I love how they put a crazy show on with the main cocktails ("two shots of rum"). I can see why this bar is so popular, amazing atmosphere and great drinks.

Next up was the Nautilus (Barbancourt Pango Rhum, Appleton Estate Reserve Rum, Combier Crème de Pêche de Vigne Liqueur, Tropical Juices, and Falernum. Served in a souvenir Nautilus). This was for 3-4 people but we were up for the challenge. Best souvenir mug ever. Very heavy though, I was so glad we had four suitcases and all that space! This took us quite a while to drink as we had got chatting with various couples that kept appearing at our table. It was quite strong but tasted really good with the tropical juices.

We now had 3 of the 6 souvenir mugs but the cast member told they were out of stock of 2 of the mugs! Nooooo! We ordered the Krakatoa Punch (Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Pyrat XO Reserve Rum, Orgeat (Almond), Sam’s Gorilla Grog, and Hibiscus Grenadine. Served in a souvenir Tiki Mug) which was the only other mug we didn’t have from the ones available.

We also ordered a Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum (Pyrat XO Reserve Rum, Cream of Coconut, and Pineapple and Orange Juices dusted with Cinnamon and Nutmeg) but this one didn’t have a cool mug unfortunately.

Ohana, Polynesian
It was definitely time for food now after all that rum and what better way to soak it up than with a feast at Ohana (and some more rum). Brett was really looking forward to this meal. We got stuck into the gorgeous Pineapple Coconut bread

and another round of cocktails- Island Sunset (Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum, Coruba Coconut Rum, and Peach combined with our Guava-Passion Fruit Juice)

and Tropical Macaw (Coruba Coconut Rum, Melon Liqueur, Pineapple Juice, and Cranberry Juice.)

The rest of the delicious food was brought out slowly, noodles, veg, dipping sauces, pot stickers, chicken wings and it was all so good. I love the sticky noodles and contemplated asking for more but the next table did the same thing and were given an absolute mountain of them

The skewers came round and we were offered decent size portions of each one. The steak, chicken and shrimp were all cooked to perfection and tasted delicious. Brett had a second round of the steak and shrimp but I was already full and knew we had to leave room for dessert.

We were given a little break before the big finale. Brett had one mouthful of the Bread and Butter Pudding and fell in love- he said he was full but we had to finish it all as it was so good. I wasn’t much help but he managed to finish it all. The pudding is served warm with caramel and banana sauce and ice-cream to melt on. Our server brought us some Rice Crispy treats too (as if we needed more food).

2021- London

Old 12 Jun 19, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Day 8- Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno, Boardwalk

We had a 7.30am ADR at Trattoria Al Forno for the Bon Voyage Breakfast. I am not a massive fan of the character meals but this one and the Snow White one looked amazing. I liked the idea of a sit-down meal rather than a buffet because there is no stress about missing the characters. We were seated straight away and ordered a Mimosa for me

and Italian Iced Coffee (with Kahula) for Brett.

The server brought the pan of pastries round and this would have been enough for us for breakfast- I wasn’t sure how I was going to fit an entree in too. There was Rapunzel’s Sun Cookie which was like a shortbread biscuit, Braided Bread which was like a pan au chocolat, Clamshell Pastry which was filled with jam and a Cinnamon and Blueberry Muffin (some tables had a Rainbow Muffin instead). The pastries were delicious especially the Ariel clam shell as it was bursting with a gorgeous raspberry jam filling. You get a Braided Bread and Clam Pastry each and then just one of the other two items but we were still full before the entrees arrived.

The entrees arrived and they were huge- even Brett said he was going to struggle. I ordered the Swimmers Delight (Egg White Omelette, Smoked Salmon, Goat Cheese, Spinach, Mushroom, Tomato, Breakfast Potatoes). The omelette was gorgeous but so rich I barely made a dent in it, which is a shame as it was really good. Not only was I full on pastries but I couldn’t resist the Breakfast Potatoes as they were like Triple Cooked Wedges! They had a hint of pepper and were really salty- I could have forced myself to eat all of these but I resisted and ate around half.

Brett ordered Tangled Eggs (Fresh Mozzarella, Tomato-Basil Open-faced Omelette, Sunday Gravy, and Breakfast Potatoes served with Bacon or Sausage). He thought this would be light but it definitely wasn’t. He thought it was beautiful but also struggled to make a dent in it and was gutted to throw so much away as he hates wasting food. If we didn’t have Typhoon Lagoon to go to straight after then we would have had a really good breakfast the next day too.

We ordered a second round of the same cocktails and the server didn’t charge us for these. It was a really great breakfast and great value for one credit.

Let’s Go Slurpin, Typhoon Lagoon

At midday we decided to have a cocktail and sit down for a few minutes. Brett had a Pina Colava (Bacardi Raspberry Rum blended with Piña Colada Mix and Raspberry Purée)

I had Black Cherry Lemonade (Grey Goose Cherry Noir, Odwalla Lemonade, Grenadine and a splash of Sprite)

Both were delicious, mine especially was really refreshing, and it was nice to people watch for a bit- we love sitting at the bar with a cocktail (and food usually)

Territory Lounge, Wilderness Lodge

We were meeting friends here for cocktails, we didn’t have food here we just grabbed a late night QS from The Mara and I forgot to take pictures but we have the same meals on a different day.

I ordered a Blue Glowtini (Skyy Infusions Citrus Vodka, Bols Peach Schnapps, Bols Blue Curacao, and Pineapple Juice with a Sugared Rim and a souvenir Glow Cube) this used to be my favourite, it wasn’t as strong and tart as I remember, it was much sweeter, both versions are good

Brett ordered a Cold Brew (Patron XO Cafe Coffee Liqueur, heavy cream, and cold brew coffee) like an Espresso Martini, he loved this and had a fair few over the course of the trip

We both had a Raspberry Mojito (Finlandia Raspberry Vodka, Mint, Raspberry Puree, and fresh Lime Juice topped with Coconut Water) it was nice but I’ve had better Mojitos- we did find the fruity cocktails a bit overpowering with syrup at times at Disney- they make better creamy ones

Brett had a Godiva Chocolate Martini (GODIVA Chocolate Liqueur, Stoli Vanil Vodka, White Creme de Cacao, and Frangelico) this was delicious, very chocolatey

I had Blood Orange Margarita (Sauza Commemorativo Anejo tequila, Cointreau fresh lime juice, and blood orange sour) this was good, I love blood orange

Everyone had to try our friend Jon’s Peach Cobbler (Seasonal Berries, Black Raspberry Ice Cream), he loves it but Brett thought it was just like any fruit pudding you can get in the UK

2021- London

Old 13 Jun 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Day 9- Brunch at the California Grill, Contemporary Resort

We checked in at the podium on the second floor and were taken in the lift up to the top for our 10.00am brunch ADR.. We were soon called to our table, handed a welcome glass of champagne and was given a window seat to take in all the amazing views.

Our server was the best, he was very friendly and explained the brunch process. The buffet was all you care to enjoy and featured the likes of sushi, bagels, granolas, cooked meats, devilled eggs, cheeses, pastries, carving station. There was a Bloody Mary bar. All Mimosas were complimentary and we were entitled to a cocktail each too on the DDP. Entrees had to be ordered but we were encouraged to order as many as we wanted and to try a little of each. Dessert was also unlimited and was a Bourbon Cake with ice-cream. And you also got a little sharing plate of mini desserts to enjoy too. Thank goodness we were starving, it all looked and sounded amazing.

We ordered our cocktails- I had Blackberry Sour (Ketel One Citroen Vodka, House-made Lemonade, Fresh Blackberries)

Brett had San Francisco Mai Tai (Captain Morgan Spiced Rum, Gosling's Black Seal Rum, Orgeat Syrup, Juices)

Both were fruity and refreshing. I am surprised we weren’t tipsy with the constant Mimosa top-ups.

We hit the buffet first and tried to sample a little bit of everything. The devilled eggs were out of this world, I may have had five of these. I also had a lot of the fish dip which was super smoky and creamy. The lamb was the cut of meat on the carving station and it was cooked pink and seasoned beautifully. The sushi was gorgeous especially the Tempura sushi. The meats and cheeses were also beautiful from the charcuterie section.

We ordered our entrees and decided on Lobster Eggs Benedict (Two Soft-poached Eggs, Toasted English Muffin, Orange-Honey Ham, Classic Hollandaise with Butter-poached Main Lobster)

And Blackened Gulf Shrimp (Maque Choux, Neuske's Bacon, Parmesan Grits)

The lobster was so buttery and delicious and was mixed with an orange flavoured sauce. The shrimp and grits portion was huge, we only ate half of it as we wanted to try another dish too but it was gorgeous and a little bit spicy.

We decided to give the Bison Burger (House-made Brioche Bun, Neuske's Bacon, Fried Egg, Truffle Onion Jam, Dill Pickle-seasoned Waffle Fries) a try too and it was also quite big with a portion of fries. The meat was beautiful, we really enjoyed this and it was very pink which is always a bonus for us with red meat.

Our server encouraged us to try the Bourbon pudding so we got a little portion to share

Final course of the day was a plate of mini desserts. These were cinnamon rolls, fruit jellies, macaroons and chocolate truffles. All so good and we were now well and truly stuffed. We didn’t need any more food today! I highly recommend this brunch and it will be a must do on all future trips.

2021- London

Old 13 Jun 19, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
VIP Dibber

Day 10- Be our Guest, Magic Kingdom

Today was another day in Magic Kingdom starting with an 8.00am ADR at Be Our Guest to try the breakfast.

We ordered a Mimosa for me and Peach Bellini for me as Brett didn’t fancy either, he got himself a coffee instead. Both were amazing and I am surprised this is still a QS meal

We ordered The Masters Cupcake (Chocolate Sponge Cake topped with Lumiere’s special “Grey Stuff) I completely forgot the breakfast came with pastries too so we had a lot of food to get through. We tried the Grey Stuff and it was delicious, tasted like cream and Oreos.

The pastries were a Bran Muffin, Blueberry Muffin, Apple Danish, Pan Au Chocolat and a Croissant. Luckily you only get one of each so I had some room for the sandwich I had been waiting patiently for. They were delicious especially the Apple Danish, I had prewarned Brett the brown one wasn’t chocolate but he seemed to like it anyway.

We ordered two entrees to share again and went with Croque Madame (Open-faced Ham Sandwich topped with a Fried Egg, Gruyere Cheese, and Béchamel served with Fresh Fruit and a selection of pastries)

and Scrambled Egg Whites (Served with Chicken Sausage, Roasted Tomatoes, and Fresh Fruit)

If I am honest Brett didn’t really get near the Croque Madame other than to eat the fried egg on top, the ham and bechamel mixed with cheese was unbelievably delicious. I ate it all. I think this was the turning point of the holiday where my diet stomach was disappearing! I blame the Cali Grill Brunch! I didn’t take his eggs off him though and he ate most of the cupcake. We loved this breakfast and I think we will book this and lunch on every visit.

Storybook Treats, Magic Kingdom

We were halfway through the honeymoon now and really needed to up our snack game as we had over 60 credits left. We headed to Storybook Treats and sampled the Hot Fudge Sundae (with Vanilla Soft-serve and Hot Fudge)

and Peter Pan Float (Lime Soft-serve, Sprite and a Chocolate Feather)

Both were delicious, the Float is so big but I loved the lime soft serve ice-cream, tart and citrusy but sweet at the same time. Brett had been craving soft serve for a few days so he was happy with the sundae, it was delicious with the hot fudge sauce.

Golden Oak Outpost, Magic Kingdom

Brett was peckish so we shared a portion of chicken nuggets and waffle fries and a Mickey Celebration Cakepop from Golden Oak Outpost. No fancy cocktails on offer here so we were stuck with diet coke.

Narcoosees, Grand Floridian

We were seated within 10 minutes and we ordered cocktails. Brett ordered a Mango Mojito (Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, Mango Puree, Fresh Lime Juice, and Meyer's Dark Rum)

I ordered probably the best cocktail at Disney, Key Lime Martini (Absolut Elyx, Midori Melon Liquor, Vanilla Cream, and a Graham Cracker Rim). It was so good that Brett had half of it too. It was very creamy and sweet, more like a liquid dessert than a drink.

We were brought out the bread service and that was delicious too

Our entree choices were the Maine Steamed Lobster (Local Zellwood Corn Spoon Bread and Steamed Asparagus) for me

and Surf and Turf (Sirloin Steak and Warm Water Lobster Tail served with Yukon Gold Mash and Oven-roasted Heirloom Carrots)for Brett.

My portion was really big and there was a decent amount of lobster to get through- it was very tender and not rubbery at all. Brett really enjoyed his steak and lobster too, he had it cooked medium-rare and it was done exactly as he asked.

For dessert I ordered the famous Almond-crusted Cheesecake with Lambert Cherry Sauce, which more than lived upto the hype, it was amazing.

Brett had a chocolate and banana pie which he absolutely loved too. The banana was caramelised and the chocolate was very subtle, the main flavour was the banana. The texture was like a Key Lime pie.

We ordered more cocktails, I had the Mango Mojito that Brett previously had and he ordered an Espresso Martini.

Our server added the final wonderful touch to the meal by bringing us a glass of champagne each

2021- London

Old 13 Jun 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We're off to Narcoossees this summer, I cannot wait to have that surf and turf, wow it looks delicious, I'm gonna be torn about which cocktail to try out, might have to order two. Actually I had Narcoossees planned last year too but swapped it a couple of days before! How silly was that?

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List