Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 27 Jul 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by GALE88 View Post
Will do, we plan to be at the pool a lot too and a frozen rose is definitely something I need in my life! Where can you get that from? We've not stayed at POFQ before.
They sell it at the pool bar ... at least they did at POR I’m assuming it will be the same at FQ ... I like to get a pretzel with plastic cheese dipping sauce to go with my drink and watch the world go by 😊😊

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
The steak at FF is excellent, Eva will be sorted with that I reckon. Pic of it just added to my report.
Oooo brill of the check it out I’ve been waiting for you upload that last report ... looks like you had a super holiday 😊

Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The steak at FF is excellent, Eva will be sorted with that I reckon. Pic of it just added to my report.
Can I ask - did they have the soft shell crab on the menu as a starter? It’s listed on MDE menu but they aren’t always correct. Soft shell crab is in my “death row final meal” selection...

Old 27 Jul 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yeah I debated trying but chickened out.

Current menu

Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yeah I debated trying but chickened out.

Current menu

You’ve just made my day 😊😊you should try it - it’s delicious. Don’t see it too often on menus - they had it on at California Grill 4 years ago and not seen it at Disney since.

Old 27 Jul 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So today’s plan had been to head over to Lyme Park for some walking/cycling and some fresh air. Best laid plans and all that ... it’s non stop heavy rained all day in Manchester today so we ended up being stuck inside. Which gave me the chance to do some off site research.

I’m going to bore you all with lists now...

We have 5 nights on my $100 a day budget (we could go beyond this but I’d prefer not to have to)

The only absolute really in Longhorns. And very possibly Cheesecake Factory.

the offsite long list

I’m breaking this down initially to just our evening meal. I’m signing up to all the reward programmes for free stuff if we do go off site for breakfast or lunch but I will detail that later.

Currently these are my thoughts:

Bahama Breeze - we can get a free appetiser apparently although I’ve filled the online form and not had any vouchers yet. I like the look of all the seafood and cocktails. I’ve never had coconut shrimp which seems to be a DIBB fave.

Fogo de Choa / Texas de Brazil - we like this style of food at home but maybe we should not go full meat when we had DxDDP coming up?

Vivo Italian Kitchen - mixed TA reviews but it’s cheap and a lot of stuff on the menu we like. Pizza for Eva. Short walk back to the hotel. I am weighing this up against Carrabas but I cannot access the US site for prices and it’s TA reviews are in a par with Vivo. Sone thoughts would be welcome.

Cowfish - jury is out as it’s definitely not up Eva’s street. Also quite pricey. It does get great reviews though.

Teak Neighbourhood Grill - we have both looked at the menu and reviews and this looks like a strong contender. Can anybody tell me more about their happy hour as there isn’t much info available online. If burgers are to figure in the plan then these bad to boys look very good.

Panda Express is very likely on the first night as we will be tired and not likely to be up for a sit down dinner. We had it last year and it was good value and Eva really enjoyed the teriyaki chicken and noodles. It will also put aside around $80 for the rest of our offsite stay.

I have toyed with Kobe/Benihana but likely ruled out as we have an ADR at Teppan Edo.

Eva wants to go to Olive Garden. I did go there back in 2002 and it struck me as being on a par with Bella Italia. I know it’s very popular and could be a cheap option.

Old 27 Jul 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry about typos ... trying to do lots of paragraphs on my phone is a bit cumbersome to scroll ... must do better!

Old 27 Jul 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Flying Fish update!

So I made the ADR. I then showed Dr JJ’s filet steak photo to Eva and we are on! She has agreed that we can keep the reservation just as long as there isn’t anything on my plate with a head or eyes. Progress indeed!

Old 27 Jul 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Flying Fish update!

So I made the ADR. I then showed Dr JJ’s filet steak photo to Eva and we are on! She has agreed that we can keep the reservation just as long as there isn’t anything on my plate with a head or eyes. Progress indeed!
Yay result ! I hope you both enjoy it
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

We check in POFQ on the 15th, looks like there will be a few dibbers round the pool!