Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yay... following along. 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Welcome home!

That is a poor effort at a buffet breakfast!

The plane food looks good, I suppose stumping up for Virgin flights may be in our future if we want to go direct again!
Thanks! I know I definitely didn’t get my money’s worth at that buffet!
Virgin food is edible at best. But direct is worth it.

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
Following. Looking good so far.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Following along, can’t wait to read all about your eats xx
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Yay... following along. 😃

Kat
Thanks!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Looking forwards to following along
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Looking forwards to following along
Thanks. I may try to get some done tonight.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

I enjoy your food reports so I’m looking forward to following along
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
I enjoy your food reports so I’m looking forward to following along
Thanks! I’m off work tomorrow so may have a lazy trip reporting day!

Trip Report Index
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Day 1 - Kusafiri Bakery, Yak & Yeti, Woody's Lunch Box

Today was planned as EEMH at AK. We had thought about going to Café Rix for breakfast but it was close to time we planned to get the bus to AK so we just left. Breakfast was therefore in the park at Kusafiri Bakery. Last time we’d had coffee and a Colossal Cinnamon Roll however the coffee was pretty rank so we decided to see if the cappuccino was better. It was but was significantly smaller. Talking of which, the cinnamon roll didn’t seem quite as “colossal” as we had remembered. Next time I’m taking a ruler!

After a couple of hours we started getting peckish. We were close to Dino Bites where we had decided to stop for iced water. They sold Mickey Pretzels among other things as you can see. We decided on the pretzel with cheese sauce between us. I really enjoyed this, Marie thought it was fine and it filled a whole until lunch. We transferred the iced water to our refillable bottles. These were a great idea. We were able to refill them from various places with iced water knowing it would stay cold for hours.

We’d done pretty much all we wanted to do by lunch time and had already decided we’d more than likely do Yak & Yeti table service for lunch today. We had 2 birthday rewards of $25 each and considered trying to use both but decided to just use mine and keep Marie’s for another day. Since we used the Landry card we were seated in 5 minutes without an ADR. As we had previously discovered the Wok Fried Green Beans we had to have these. Even though on previous visits we then didn’t manage our mains! These were fab and we enjoyed them more as we were hungry. To drink I had the Shanghai Lemonade, Passion Fruit flavour as usual. Marie had a Sprite.

For mains I had Teriyaki Steak & Shrimp from the specials menu and Marie had the burger than she had previously declared the best burger she’d ever had. She enjoyed this again although the fries are a bit rubbish. Mine was nice but I find with sweet dishes I get fed up quickly so I didn’t finish. This cost $41.28 after the $25 reward and before tip.

We had to go to reception about our gift card for opting out of housekeeping so while there got a twisted donut from Café Rix to have for breakfast the next day. We had a Be Our Guest breakfast booked so just got one between us. We chilled in the room with a cup of tea and tried the cake we had got from El Mercado the day before. It was a bit sweet and we didn’t get it again.

Since we had decided we couldn’t wait to see Galaxy’s Edge we popped in to DHS for dinner. We were in Toy Story Land when we were hungry so decided Woody’s Lunch Box would be fine. We used mobile order after getting a table which was great. We hadn’t managed to eat here yet and weren’t sure about it but decided to go with the Totchos which are potato barrels (Tater Tots) with chilli, cheese and sour cream. These were really good! Much better than I expected and really filling.

On the way out I popped into Municiberg for a Num Num Cookie. I decided to take this back to the hotel which was probably a mistake as it should really be eaten warm. I still ate it though!

Credit used – 3 QS, 3 snacks. Total so far - 5 QS, 3 snacks
OOP - $41.28

Trip Report Index

Edited at 09:48 PM.
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Great start looking forward to this hope you had a lovely time.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

A good start. I love those wok fried green beans, I always struggle with a main afterwards too but it’s impossible not to order them!
Unexpectedpenny is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Great report! By the way what do you mean by cans of fizzy juice that you talk about on page one? We went away with a Scot in the summer and found this fascinating! She called what I’d call pop “fizzy juice” or maybe just juice? Was very confusing!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List