Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 25 Jul 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

No Carbs before Marbs?! Day Three - Poached Eggs and Puerto Banus

Day Three - Poached Eggs & Puerto Banus

I slept badly, hubby snores and the bed is quite firm, but waking up to the sight of the pool cheered me up straight away. I had a really lovely morning swim.

Ginger son offered to cook us breakfast (he’s a chef) and we had smoked salmon and poached eggs, on toast, it was delicious.

Harry eventually surfaced, and said we needed to go back to the shopping mall, to return the clothes we got him yesterday so we all piled back into the car, and headed off around midday. It was much busier today, but bizarrely we managed to get parked in the same space.

We returned the clothes, he chose some more clothes, then Terry and I headed into the gigantic supermarket to get more water, bread, milk, and beans. It is so huge, I could look at food all day long, there was a very impressive display of cakes, including my favourite spanish pastry, Enseimadas. I resisted, but we did get some cute little chocolate croissants.

Then we waited in the car for the boys - and waited, and waited... ! Eventually they came back to the car, and it was back to the house for bit of lunch.

The temperature is lower here than in England, even Orlando is lower! 😲we cannot imagine it being hotter, and having no air conditioning.

The men played volleyball in the pool with an inflatable volleyball set I got on Amazon before we came away. Even grumpy Harry had fun and actually laughed. Was good to see them all messing around. George seems to really like my pool pony, Penelope...😂😂😂

We had a nice cup of tea and a chocolate croissant to keep us going after our swimming

This evening we went out to Puerto Banus, and had a great dinner at Jacks Smokehouse, an american style restaurant on the famous marina. Thankfully we got a table right under the air conditioning! Felt just like being in Orlando and I was happy. We ordered steaks, burgers, sweet potato fries, and onion rings. Then a lovely slice of key lime pie, with a ginger biscuit base yummy! Kieran was very happy! No photos of Harry as he wont let me (too grumpy) the Bill was 170 euros plus a tip.

After dinner we walked right the way along the marina, I have never seen anything quite like it, yachts, sports cars, designer shops, and lots of open mouthed tourists just like us gawping at it all! 😂 we also saw a very cute designer doggy, she was really friendly.

Was a beautiful evening though, and good to walk off dinner. The boys decided to come home with us rather than stay out drinking, which surprised me but is good news. Not sure we will bring them again, think this week has finally made me realise that our family holidays are over. And Im ok with it (sadly). They have outgrown us and we understand.

Now back at the villa, having a decaff tea, and watching Celebrity Gogglebox.
A good day! Night night dibbers x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 12:45 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Mobile

How very posh taking your own chef on holiday with you to cook your breakfast 😂

I love a big Spanish supermarket- those chocolate croissants look delicious.

Your meal tonight also looks great. I’d heard Puerto Banus was very flashy - it certainly looks it.

As my daughters get older I realise they’ll be a point when they’ll want holidays without us too x
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Ooh that meal looked niiiice!

I was howling at the pic of George on that unicorn inflatable - so funny.

The walk and people watching sounded great tonight too with a lovely pic of you and your husband.

I can totally understand your sadness at feeling it’s time to let the boys go. I’m always saying to Kevin how many years will we still get with the kids still wanting holiday with us. But it’s just another stage I suppose eh?

Oh - and you fair suit that broad brimmed hat by the way. Very glam x

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
How very posh taking your own chef on holiday with you to cook your breakfast 😂

I love a big Spanish supermarket- those chocolate croissants look delicious.

Your meal tonight also looks great. I’d heard Puerto Banus was very flashy - it certainly looks it.

As my daughters get older I realise they’ll be a point when they’ll want holidays without us too x
Ha ha yes very posh! (We arent at all but when in Marbs...! ) He is a good little cook.

Originally Posted by scottishnellie View Post
Ooh that meal looked niiiice!

I was howling at the pic of George on that unicorn inflatable - so funny.

The walk and people watching sounded great tonight too with a lovely pic of you and your husband.

I can totally understand your sadness at feeling it’s time to let the boys go. I’m always saying to Kevin how many years will we still get with the kids still wanting holiday with us. But it’s just another stage I suppose eh?

Oh - and you fair suit that broad brimmed hat by the way. Very glam x
Thank you Helen, the hat was a gift from a friend, and everyone laughs when I wear it - its my ‘Mrs Bouquet (aka Bucket) hat!

I think the boys are finding it boring and limited with us, and we are finding it challenging with them, maybe in a few years they might come back again, (probably with their own smelly kids then lol!) but I think for next year we need rethink. We have got a Caribbean cruise booked at the moment for all four of us, they dont want to come and we are not sure we could leave them for two whole weeks. And I desperately wanted to do Orlando and AMI for my 50th, had villas ear marked and everything (2021) so feeling bit sad about that!

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

It's funny to see the boys shopping - I still choose and buy for Ry and he's 19 lol.

Love the reference to the weather in the Falklands! I was there in 1989 and Col went a couple of times too. Is George missing BFBS and life overseas yet?

That Smokehouse looked a cool place - if I ever have enough money to go to Marbs I shall be heading there

Re: your later comment - I would definitely consider leaving the boys home while you go on a cruise, especially if you have friends or family close by who could keep an eye on the house. Then, by the time you turn 50 they may be ready to come away with you again
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Looked like you had a lovely relaxing day.

How wide was the aisle in that supermarket? !

Handy having a chef with you
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Col&Ali View Post
It's funny to see the boys shopping - I still choose and buy for Ry and he's 19 lol.

Love the reference to the weather in the Falklands! I was there in 1989 and Col went a couple of times too. Is George missing BFBS and life overseas yet?

That Smokehouse looked a cool place - if I ever have enough money to go to Marbs I shall be heading there

Re: your later comment - I would definitely consider leaving the boys home while you go on a cruise, especially if you have friends or family close by who could keep an eye on the house. Then, by the time you turn 50 they may be ready to come away with you again
George certainly is missing BFBS already, not sure he is missing falklands weather though! He is already having second thoughts about leaving them, we dont know what advice to give him, but will support him whatever he decides.

Our trip reports -
Old 26 Jul 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

OMG, that Silver yacht! love that you have taken a personal chef with you!
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

What a lovely day. Looks lots of fun in the pool and fabulous evening. The restaurant looked great and omg at the boats and cars.

I miss having our lads on holiday with us, been three years now. I think eldest would come but not youngest. None of them want to go back to Florida ( oh the horror) but they did say they would come if we fancied a trip back to New York ( assuming we pay obvs !). We’ve deliberately taken trips they would hate involving lots of time in cars and museums so no one feels they’ve missed out lol.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
What a lovely day. Looks lots of fun in the pool and fabulous evening. The restaurant looked great and omg at the boats and cars.

I miss having our lads on holiday with us, been three years now. I think eldest would come but not youngest. None of them want to go back to Florida ( oh the horror) but they did say they would come if we fancied a trip back to New York ( assuming we pay obvs !). We’ve deliberately taken trips they would hate involving lots of time in cars and museums so no one feels they’ve missed out lol.
So glad its not just me going through this weird transition with the kids!

Our trip reports -