Notices

Old 16 Oct 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Pumpkin
Imagineer

Hibiscus & Holly At The Poly 2017 Trip Report Index **NEW**

Welcome to my 6th Disney Trip Report - Hibiscus & Holly At The Poly 2017!

So named because we were staying at our DVC Home Resort - Poly (that's the hibiscus), and we were going at Christmas time! (That's the holly.)

It's been a while since I wrote out a Disney Trip Report Index - mainly because it took me two years to finish my WDW-40, 2016 report.

In years gone by I have also written a pre-trip planning report, detailing all the things I was doing to plan for our upcoming trip. However, 2017 went by in a bit of a blur due to family issues, and so many things fell to the wayside...

This is the Index for all of the days of this trip report– And I'm going to preface it with the following, just in case! It may also take me a while to get this trip report written, but I ALWAYS finish what I start when it comes to my Disney Trip Reports. If you are a regular reader of my trippies, you know that to be fact!

Us at Epcot, 2015

Cast Members

Me – Michelle, 41 on this trip – you’re never to old for Disney! When it comes to our holidays, anywhere in the world, I am the planner/organiser, trip report writer, photographer, and driver. I’m a plus-size woman, and have been to Walt Disney World at various sizes through the years from size 24 – 34. On this trip I am the biggest I have ever been, and I’ll be outright honest from the get-go, it was tough going. I write about [some] of the rides, and experiences as a plus-size guest, and often receive emails from readers that are concerned about fitting in rides, in plane seats, and other questions. I am always open and honest – my size is not something I can hide, and I’ve learned to embrace it somewhat in being able to help others. You can always email me with your personal concerns, and I will do my best to help you out.

Him – Steve, celebrated his 45th birthday when we were there! He’s the pack horse, videographer, chief keeper of documents, and money manager when on hols. He keeps a track of every dollar and cent that we spend. He also loves to eat! I’m not sure where he puts it, but he knows his way around a Disney buffet!

The Boy – Liam, 18 years old on this trip, (not so much a boy any more, but The Man just reminds me too much of the character in Z-Nation! ) my son, and Steve’s step-son. This is Liam’s return holiday to Walt Disney World as he didn’t come with us in 2016. As soon as I told him we were thinking of going for Christmas and would he like to come with us this time, it was an immediate yes! I’ve always been lucky that I don’t have a moody teenager on my hands – he has as much fun as we do when meeting characters, and going on rides! He loves a good American hamburger, and he exists on those and steak when we go out for dinner! Gutted that he couldn’t drink beer as the drinking age is 21 in the USA.

We became Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Members in 2015, and our home resort is Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

My trip reports are photo heavy, which you should know by now You will also be able to find all of the images from Hibiscus & Holly At The Poly 2017 in my Flickr Collection of albums from this trip. (As usual, and updated when I start uploading!)

I use a Canon EOS 70D, and the two main lenses I use: Sigma 18-300mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro and Sigma 30mm F1.4 DC Art. I also use my iPhone7, and do photo editing with Photoshop CS5 and Instagram's editing features and filters.

I start at Day 0 – I always have for my trip reports! This is because it’s the day before we fly, and not really part of the holiday (although, it kinda is!) This report ends on Day 15 – the links below will become active as I write each day. Please allow me 6 – 12 months to get this finished! If I can get it written sooner, then of course, I will!

***I hope you enjoy this trip report - I probably won't start this for a couple days yet as I have some family stuff to deal with, but I thought if I had the index written up it will kick me to get writing! I'm excited for this, especially as it'll be Christmas again soon!***

• Day 0: Headed South » Hilton London Gatwick Airport (South Terminal)
  • Day 1: Here We Go Again! » Travel Day – BA: LGW-MCO / Check-in: Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows / Dinner from Captain Cook’s
  • Day 2: Tonight We Feast! » Magic Kingdom / Character Breakfast at Crystal Palace / Polynesian Twilight Feast (In-Room Dining)
  • Day 3: Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trail Part 1 » Art of Animation / Pop Century / Caribbean Beach / Old Key West / Port Orleans French Quarter / Lunch at Sassagoula Float Works & Food Factory / Port Orleans Riverside / Wilderness Lodge / Dinner from Captain Cook’s
  • Day 4: Night Blossom & Gingerbread » Animal Kingdom / Breakfast at Tusker House / Pandora – The World of Avatar / Snack from Satu’li Canteen / Drink from Pongu Pongu / Gingerbread House & Christmas Tree at Grand Floridian
  • Day 5: Festival of The Holidays» Epcot / Epcot International Festival Of The Holidays / Happily Ever After Fireworks from Poly
  • Day 6: Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party » Disney Springs / Lunch at Planet Hollywood / Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
  • Day 7: Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trail Part 2 » Polynesian / Breakfast at Kona Cafe / Shopping at Super Target / All Star Sports / All Star Music / Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern / Happily Ever After Fireworks
  • Day 8: Hubby’s 45th Birthday » Disney Springs Christmas Tree Trail / Lunch at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’ / Dole Whips from Pineapple Lanai / Christmas Wishes from Poly
  • Day 9: Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trail Part 3 » Beach Club / Lunch from Beach Club Marketplace / Yacht Club / BoardWalk / Ice Cream from Ample Hills Creamery / Animal Kingdom Lodge: Kidani Village / Animal Kingdom Lodge: Jambo House / Coronado Springs / Dinner at Maya Grill
  • Day 10: A Star Wars Kinda Day » Breakfast at The Wave / Contemporary / Hollywood Studios / Magic Kingdom
  • Day 11: Easy Like Sunday Morning » Sunday Brunch at California Grill / Disney Springs / Drinks at Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto / Christmas Wishes from Poly
  • Day 12: Fire & Water » Pool Time / Lunch at Oasis Pool Bar & Grill / Hollywood Studios /Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! Holiday Firework Show / Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse
  • Day 13: Disney Resort Christmas Tree Trail Part 4 » Saratoga Springs / Animal Kingdom / Lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue / All Star Movies / Tree of Life Awakenings
  • Day 14: The Story of Christmas » Epcot / Lunch at Biergarten / Candlelight Processional with Neil Patrick Harris
  • Day 15: ‘Ohana Means Family » Breakfast at ‘Ohana / Travel Day MCO-LGW

OKW '14 | DxDDP '14 + Food Only 1 | Villa '13 | Villa '11 | DLP '10

Edited at 09:19 PM.
Mrs Pumpkin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looking forward to reading along.
You take some amazing photos
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywiseowl
VIP Dibber

disneywiseowl's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You started! Subscribed already. 😊
disneywiseowl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
lumosq102
Excited about Disney

yay - love the Poly

looking forward to reading along
lumosq102 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Looking forward to this I love your trip reports!
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Can’t wait - I love your trip reports and we were there last November/Dec too so will bring back memories!
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Wow your pictures are amazing! I can't wait to read along

Off to read your 2016 trippie now!
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Wow your pictures are amazing! I can't wait to read along

Off to read your 2016 trippie now!
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Looking forward to reading - love your trippies.
2007 - villa Southern Dunes
2008 - villa Oak Island Cove 2016 - Last minute Bahama Bay
disneymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

So glad to see you are writing another trippie! I absolutely love your photos too so excited to see what's coming up 😀👍
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List