Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 29 Jun 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I have the same OBC as you 😃, which helps since I’ve discovered that my 2 year old coffee card which had been used for 1 coffee, expires in a few weeks’ time. I wouldn’t have bought it had I known they were going to change the rules!
I’ve never bought a coffee card but the change in the expiry rules caused real consternation over on Cruisecritic. Dozens of pages on the topic!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Chris7cc
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thanks for posting this, what an amazing price, I will be looking at Travelbag next time I book a cruise
Chris7cc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Just had an email from Princess about the naming ceremony for the Enchanted Princess - On this day next year, Enchanted Princess will be officially named in Southampton in a dazzling ceremony. Our last ship to be named in the UK was Royal Princess, back in 2013, which was christened by her godmother, Kate Middleton, Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge.
My guess is the ship’s godmother will be The Duchess of Sussex.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Just had an email from Princess about the naming ceremony for the Enchanted Princess - On this day next year, Enchanted Princess will be officially named in Southampton in a dazzling ceremony. Our last ship to be named in the UK was Royal Princess, back in 2013, which was christened by her godmother, Kate Middleton, Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge.
My guess is the ship’s godmother will be The Duchess of Sussex.
I had this too! It would be cool to go and watch! Never seen a ship launch before!
Old 30 Jun 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I’ve never bought a coffee card but the change in the expiry rules caused real consternation over on Cruisecritic. Dozens of pages on the topic!
I can well imagine! I normally hang out on the Celebrity boards over there but I did search the Princess forum for the up-to-date picture and I didn’t need to go far before realising what a hot topic it had been.

Today I booked 2 shore excursions and while I was on the site, took a look at my profile and was amazed to find that we’ll be Platinum on this cruise and qualify for 250 internet minutes each. It gets better
Old 30 Jun 19, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

We think the Princess loyalty scheme is the best. The free internet, bar setup and free laundry are fantastic perks. What shore excursions have you booked?
Old 30 Jun 19, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

I can well imagine! I normally hang out on the Celebrity boards over there but I did search the Princess forum for the up-to-date picture and I didn’t need to go far before realising what a hot topic it had been.

Today I booked 2 shore excursions and while I was on the site, took a look at my profile and was amazed to find that we’ll be Platinum on this cruise and qualify for 250 internet minutes each. It gets better
Wow didn't realise you could book stuff already? Might need to get reading!

Don't think we'll ever get platinum with any cruise line! We always end up with a different line every time! May need to be a bit more loyal 🤣!
Old 1 Jul 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
We think the Princess loyalty scheme is the best. The free internet, bar setup and free laundry are fantastic perks. What shore excursions have you booked?
Shore excursions booked are Casablanca at your leisure - didn't fancy going it alone in Morocco - and Puerto de la Cruz on your own. Previously in Tenerife, we hired a car from the port and drove to Los Cristianos and Las Americas, just to take a look at where our fellow Brits often holiday. On this cruise, with sail away being at 5 pm and me always wanting a good cushion of at least 2 hours prior, I decided to do the excursion.

Funnily enough, we are doing a Canaries cruise with P&O next Easter and their excursions are not up yet!
Old 1 Jul 19, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Wow didn't realise you could book stuff already? Might need to get reading!

Don't think we'll ever get platinum with any cruise line! We always end up with a different line every time! May need to be a bit more loyal 🤣!
It's amazing what you can manage in retirement I find! We are Elite on Celebrity as well as my newly-discovered Platinum on Princess and have still sailed with a few other lines in the last few years (including Disney) . I would never book a cruise just for the status/perks however - destinations and price also figure into the equation.
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Shore excursions booked are Casablanca at your leisure - didn't fancy going it alone in Morocco - and Puerto de la Cruz on your own. Previously in Tenerife, we hired a car from the port and drove to Los Cristianos and Las Americas, just to take a look at where our fellow Brits often holiday. On this cruise, with sail away being at 5 pm and me always wanting a good cushion of at least 2 hours prior, I decided to do the excursion.

Funnily enough, we are doing a Canaries cruise with P&O next Easter and their excursions are not up yet!
We are visiting Tenerife in November on the MSC Fantasia, travelling with friends, and have booked a rental car for the day. We'll have to give some thought to what else we'd like to do next year.
In Casablanca, I'm looking to book a guide and van for a group of about 8 to probably do a quick look at the highlights of Casablanca and then go to Rabat (about an hour away) - we are scheduled to be in port 8am to 8pm so gives plenty of flexibility time wise. We did a tour of Casablanca when on a transatlantic in 2013 - it's not the prettiest port and not somewhere I would want to wander around on our own. Friends have been to Rabat and said it was well worth a visit.
I agree with what you say about not not booking a cruise simply for status/perks (but it does help) - our next three cruises are MSC (Genoa to Rio), Costa (Indian Ocean) and Princess. All booked mainly because of itinerary and great deals.