Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 19, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Ok let’s get down to the nitty gritty. You can go to all the buffers in the parks and the buffets at Santa Fe and Cheyenne. You can’t use them in the buffets at Sequoia Lodge and above. You can also pay to up grade your vouchers, done ahead of time. Either to full board at your level or pay up to a higher level of restaurants. If you do you will get the set menus (choices at each course not choosing from the full menu as at WDW), unless you then decide to use them at face value. Most, but not all restaurants are in the scheme. The ones not are in the village. Rainforest Cafe and few things there. The earliest you can book is 60 days out. We booked the buffet at Santa Fe and it made no difference really. It may at some of the others. At busy times the more popular table service places may be booked up

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Just to add that personally I would not upgrade to full board. Three full sit-down buffets in a day is too much!

If we have breakfast included in our booking, we tend to get there by 7am when they open, have a big breakfast and then we aren’t hungry till dinner.

The main thing is to check opening and closing times for the restaurants. Some in-park restaurants close quite early.

We found La Grange at Billy Bob’s the best of the standard level buffets. Much more choice and a nice atmosphere.

Also if you want to have a table service meal, you can use your voucher in part payment. For me, Remy’s is a good option for this. The theming is mind blowing and the steaks are good. However, it can close early so check before you book.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peter H View Post
You can’t use them in the buffets at Sequoia Lodge and above. You can also pay to up grade your vouchers, done ahead of time. Either to full board at your level or pay up to a higher level of restaurants. If you do you will get the set menus (choices at each course not choosing from the full menu as at WDW), unless you then decide to use them at face value.
I think this advice might be based on some old offers, so double-check the T&Cs for the offer you booked under. If you booked the Winter 2019/2020 free half board, then you can find your T&Cs at the bottom of this page:

disneylandparis/en-g...booker-winter/

Peter is correct that you can use your vouchers in standard buffet restaurants - this gets you a drink and full buffet meal. However, you CAN also use your vouchers towards the cost of a meal in higher level buffets or other restaurants, eg Sequoia Lodge, and just pay the extra to top up. We did this to eat in Cape Cod last year and it only cost us around an extra €6 or €7 each. You don’t get a drink included if you do this, so we just ordered a jug of tap water.

As Peter says, you can upgrade your vouchers ahead of time to full board at the same level (ie standard). However, you can’t upgrade to a higher level ahead of time. (As above, this isn’t a problem, as you can just pay the extra to eat in higher level restaurants on the day.)

I’d usually say it’s best to book restaurants just in case, then cancel or amend them if you change your mind. If you’re there the week before February half-term, though, I’d expect the parks to be lovely and quiet and you should be able to just turn up without a reservation. I don’t think I’d bother booking anything for that week, unless you want a popular restaurant like Inventions. Even then, I’d imagine you’d be able to amend your reservation at short notice if you change your mind.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 05:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Regarding amending bookings, I went on a solo trip in March a couple of years ago and it was so quiet, but I tried to amend a booking with the concierge and was told there was nothing available. I wanted to make the reservation earlier. So I actually showed up to the restaurant early, and apologised for being there that early. They told me not to worry, and sat me in a 3/4 empty restaurant! I think it's because they do leave a certain amount of space for walk ins in some restaurants. Though with Bistrot Chez Remy, I have seen people be turned away and told there's only reservation space for days later. X
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
Regarding amending bookings, I went on a solo trip in March a couple of years ago and it was so quiet, but I tried to amend a booking with the concierge and was told there was nothing available. I wanted to make the reservation earlier. So I actually showed up to the restaurant early, and apologised for being there that early. They told me not to worry, and sat me in a 3/4 empty restaurant! I think it's because they do leave a certain amount of space for walk ins in some restaurants. Though with Bistrot Chez Remy, I have seen people be turned away and told there's only reservation space for days later. X
That’s a good point. I guess it’s like lots of places - if it’s quiet, they have less staff = fewer tables available.

For the OP, it also depends on the level of the restaurant. We’ve been able to amend standard restaurant reservations at a couple of hours notice, but plus and premium are more likely to be full and require more notice to reserve a table or amend a reservation.

It’s probably best to book at any time of year, then request to amend days / times / restaurants while there if plans change. I always feel better knowing we have something booked, in case it is too busy to get in anywhere at the last minute, but it’s never been any problem to cancel an unwanted reservation, and you still have the option of amending if alternatives are available.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Beckyhope10
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
I imagine when you're going, it won't be too bad crowd wise. The free breakfast is a full buffet including some hot options, so you may possibly want to eat at a later time lunch wise anyway.

The hotel restaurants are only open in the evening, so from 6pm. They actually tend to be quiet around that time. The parks close earlier in winter, so it depends on how many times you want to watch the night show, for example. If you've watched it, and aren't bothered about watching again, you could easily leave that evening to eat at a hotel for 6pm. The buffet would be fresh out, and it wouldn't be so busy.

If you're fussy eaters, avoid Agrabah. It's theme is lovely, but the food isn't plain, so if you have anyone who will only eat pasta, or potatoes, or chicken nuggets, etc. it's not for you!

Breakfast is quieter the earlier you go. We always aim for 7am. Then head to the park/s for extra magic time. In February you might very well have main street almost to yourself. It's amazing!

I've eaten in La Cantina, lovely choices and build your own fajitas! There was also a chocolate fountain. I've also eaten in Plaza Gardens and enjoyed that too. I'm trying La Grange for the first time in a few week's time, as it's gotten some really positive comments on here. X

Thank you so much for your advice, it’s been very useful. Do you have anywhere that you could suggest for a birthday meal? We will probably have something a bit different on my birthday - I was thinking the Wild West show - is it with it?
Beckyhope10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarryb
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beckyhope10 View Post
Thank you so much for your advice, it’s been very useful. Do you have anywhere that you could suggest for a birthday meal? We will probably have something a bit different on my birthday - I was thinking the Wild West show - is it with it?
Birthday meals are subjective. Basically choose where you like the food, regardless of its 'level', that's when you'll get the best experience.

I like the Wild West show, and am going next time we go, but mainly because we we're offered it as part of the free dining plan (Plus level 9:30pm show only). It actually surprised me when it was offered to be honest. I have paid before and would again, but it's not really about the food, but the show.

I personally like Bistrot Chez Remy, in the Disney Studios park. The theme is by far the best, and my meals have been great there. It is table service, and has set menus. It's also a plus plan restaurant. However if you're on the standard plan you can use it as part payment and pay the difference if you wish to. You won't get a drink included and so that would be added to the bill. Though they happily give you a jug of tap water. (When you use your plan as face value, basically everything you order is put on the bill, then they'll deduct your dining plan 'allowance', and you pay the difference.)

There's other nice restaurants that are probably 'birthday grade' if you're going all out. Like Walt's, and Captain Jack's. I've not eaten in either, so can't really comment, but know they're meant to give a good experience.

A good idea would be to pop onto the Disneyland Paris website, and check out the menus.

I hope that helped, and anything else, just ask. Xx
Sarryb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List