Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 8 Aug 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I'm doing free dining for 3 years then looking at renting DVC points in 2021. I want to stay at the Polynesian. It doesn't have free dining next year but if it does in 2021, working out this year's figures as a rough guide it'll work out a lot cheaper for me renting points and paying OOP for food than having a normal room and free dining. I don't like steak and am allergic to seafood so eat cheaper meals on the menus.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Something else is to consider is availability of Beach Club for rental, you may not be able to rent for your full trip, or have a nervy wait for availability to open it.

Had you thought about booking the Beach Club on the free dining deal with just one person on the booking? That way you only have a £50 deposit to lose but have the peace of mind you will still be staying at the resort you want if your DVC plans fall through. If you were to go ahead with the Disney booking you'd just have to add the rest of the family at a later date.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 06:20 AM  
Link to this Post

I am dining plan free next month and really looking forward to being able to eat wherever I want and to be able to choose whatever I want off the menu (we like starters not desserts and sometimes we just want to share a few starters and not have mains). On the other hand we are doing fewer signatures and character meals than we would do if we had a dining plan as can not justify it OOP.

I think cost wise you could quite easily spend more than the price difference you have mentioned, certainly if you throw a few buffets or character meals in there. I wouldn’t treat this as a financial decision as there is little in it, I would make a decision based on the different room amenities and where and what you would like to eat.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Something else is to consider is availability of Beach Club for rental, you may not be able to rent for your full trip, or have a nervy wait for availability to open it.

Had you thought about booking the Beach Club on the free dining deal with just one person on the booking? That way you only have a £50 deposit to lose but have the peace of mind you will still be staying at the resort you want if your DVC plans fall through. If you were to go ahead with the Disney booking you'd just have to add the rest of the family at a later date.
This is what I was going to point out too. There’s no guarantee you’ll get Beach Club Villas. You need someone who owns there renting out points so you can get it at 11 months and no guarantee you’d get the full trip.

Personally, with the exchange rate the way it is I’d go for as much paid in Sterling in advance as possible.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Alfiesmum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by collybird View Post

This is a good point Collybird, definitely worth thinking about, thank you.
Alfiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Alfiesmum
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
This is what I was going to point out too. There’s no guarantee you’ll get Beach Club Villas. You need someone who owns there renting out points so you can get it at 11 months and no guarantee you’d get the full trip.

Personally, with the exchange rate the way it is I’d go for as much paid in Sterling in advance as possible.
Another good point, thank you. I’m now swaying more towards booking direct with Disney and getting the free dining.
It just seems such a lot for just 7 days. Once there though I know we would appreciate it.
We’ve booked a week at HRH, which at the moment is the only firm booking I’ve made.
Alfiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post

Also remember that renting DVC is generally non cancellable. We like to book far in advance so this always puts me off!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m sure you’ll have a great time whatever you decide ! If you’re eating onsite at disney and want to do the whole ADR thing I think dining plan is worth it! And it’s one less thing to think about whilst you’re over there ... on the other hand it limits you to eating in Disney ! Depends on your priorities
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by DisneyFoodie View Post
Also remember that renting DVC is generally non cancellable. We like to book far in advance so this always puts me off!
That too. It’s also a big layout of money, often in advance. I’m happy enough to do it for a few nights but not the whole 2 weeks.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List