Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 23 May 17, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile 'Ohana's Dinner or Trails End and Chip N Dale Campfire?

The day before my youngest turns 5 I couldn't decide between 'Ohana Dinner or Trails End with perhaps a look around the stables and Chip N Dale campfire. I have booked both ADR's as I couldn't decide which would appeal more to a five year old? I would normally say FW and Trails End but 'Ohana's gets fantastic reviews, anyone been to either with small children? Thank you
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 06:08 AM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We loved O'hana but from memory I don't think my 5 year old was that fussed. Just a normal meal for her she had nuggets and fries! They did do a coconut race. Not sure if I asked her it'd be a place she remembered. Unlike me and my 16 year old who loved it!
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 06:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Chip n dale BBQ is pretty low key. We really enjoyed it and I think a 5 year old would probably enjoy it but you might be disappointed if you are wanting something 'special '.

You meet the characters, they light 2 fire pits and you can roast marshmallows then chip n dale come back out and there is a sing along and some dancing. All very cheesy but good fun.
It ends worth a movie showing outside.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 17, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Thank you, we are hoping to do Pirates league for his actual birthday and have an MK day so just looking for something cheap or free to do the evening before that would be enjoyable for a five year old. His brother has a few days planned for his birthday at the beginning of the holiday (HHN, Volcano Bay and shopping but he's a teen). Are the campfires and movies at the other resorts as fun? We are staying at WL and it would be a Friday evening in November if that makes a difference
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 17, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Both are good dining locations, we've been to both and enjoyed them. We had a hoop dee do dinner and a trails end breakfast in the past and breakfast and dinner at O'hana too. With little ones they would probably get a great time at either. If your youngest is into equine pursuits I'd go with Trails End and a walk over to the Tri-Circle D Ranch. Just remember the animals are all working ponies and animals and they may not be approachable to pet them. They do however still do the children's pony rides if you want to book that or ask one of the stable hands for a guided tour. We had a lovely couple of hours over there on our last vacation and during our visit got to meet one of the horses the headless horseman rides during MNSSHP nights. Wow their dedication to their charges is amazing, you'll enjoy it for sure.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
toffiness
Very Serious Dibber

toffiness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My four year old talks about Ohana and the coconut race all the time! Then we sat and watched wishes whilst having desert. We eat there twice every trip its amazing!
toffiness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List