Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 May 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excited6910 View Post
Luckily DH got through straight away.

We will keep our original fantasmic package for the time being thank you for your help
I must have been really unlucky with the wait time when I called - although I did enjoy singing along with the music
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
I must have been really unlucky with the wait time when I called - although I did enjoy singing along with the music
Unfortunately being caught up in the CBR fiasco we have spent many an hour listening to its a small world etc

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

I've eaten at all 3 restaurants that offer fantasmic dining package. Without a shadow of a doubt Hollywood Brown Derby is far and away the best (in fact it was one of our best meals on property last trip). Paying out of pocket it's around $65 per adult and great value as it's a signature and you get 3 courses...and it's only $10 more than Hollywood and vine..

Hollywood and Vine... ate here in 2015. Would never go back. The food was awful and the restaurant itself grubby and dirty..and that was at an 8am breakfast reservation.

Mama Melrose...the cheapest of the fantasmic packages...was a great meal here. Huge portions, very lively..decent food. Ten times better than h&v and $10 cheaper. I'd have no problem going back here at all.

We do the package every trip. We are booked into Brown Derby again later this year.
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wigan Lass View Post
I've eaten at all 3 restaurants that offer fantasmic dining package. Without a shadow of a doubt Hollywood Brown Derby is far and away the best (in fact it was one of our best meals on property last trip). Paying out of pocket it's around $65 per adult and great value as it's a signature and you get 3 courses...and it's only $10 more than Hollywood and vine..

Hollywood and Vine... ate here in 2015. Would never go back. The food was awful and the restaurant itself grubby and dirty..and that was at an 8am breakfast reservation.

Mama Melrose...the cheapest of the fantasmic packages...was a great meal here. Huge portions, very lively..decent food. Ten times better than h&v and $10 cheaper. I'd have no problem going back here at all.

We do the package every trip. We are booked into Brown Derby again later this year.
HBD is not on our radar (though I've heard it's great) if it was just DH and me it would probably be a different story though.

We have the DDP so we'll be using credits anyway. We've still got both reservations at the moment so I'll mull the menu over for a bit before I make our final decision thank you

Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did this last Dec with Mama Melrose. This was our second favourite meal of the trip (Narcoossees top). The food was really good and lovely atmosphere/CM but it depends on the age of your children, would they like the character interaction?.

We are doing MM/ Fantasmic dining package again this year even though travelling with a 5 and one year old. We have got H&V for breakfast one day so Grandkids can meet Disney Junior characters but breakfast was not included in Fantasmic package so booked MM for that as we enjoyed it so much.

Have a great holiday
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Puddle5 View Post
We did this last Dec with Mama Melrose. This was our second favourite meal of the trip (Narcoossees top). The food was really good and lovely atmosphere/CM but it depends on the age of your children, would they like the character interaction?.

We are doing MM/ Fantasmic dining package again this year even though travelling with a 5 and one year old. We have got H&V for breakfast one day so Grandkids can meet Disney Junior characters but breakfast was not included in Fantasmic package so booked MM for that as we enjoyed it so much.

Have a great holiday
When we go it'll be Minnie's seasonal dining so I think it'll be Christmas costumes. The kids will be 11, 8 and 6. They all love character meets. But I want them to have a good meal too 🙈