Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Feb 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile Walking from the car park to the actual park entrance

How far is it to do this walk? We will have a buggy so thinking it will be easier to walk rather than have to fold up the buggy to get on the trams
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CRISSY61 View Post
How far is it to do this walk? We will have a buggy so thinking it will be easier to walk rather than have to fold up the buggy to get on the trams
Which theme park?

If you mean one of the Disney ones it totally depends on which car parks are in use when you arrive. We've parked 100 yards from the entrance at EPCOT and they didn't use the trolleys. Conversely you could be parked over a mile away at MK.

Mick
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

It's not far at all. We always walk with the buggy.
Even the furthest carpark in Magic Kingdom was only a 15 min walk.
The CMs thought we were mad walking they kept saying jump on the tram its a long walk 😁
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
littletrev
Imagineer

We've walked to the main entrance from the car park at all the disney parks. Depending on how long we've been in the parks for we may get the tram on the way back.
Old 18 Feb 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

We have always walked from our first visit in 2000. It wasn’t encouraged then, and we were nearly always the only ones walking, but never had any problems.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Sorry I didn’t make myself clear- thinking you are all mind readers ☺️Yes I meant visiting any of the Disney parks . Think in the past we just followed everyone & jumped on the tram
CRISSY61 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

We walked to most, usually about 10 to 14 mins but we tend to get there for rope drop or within the first hour of opening. If you look carefully you can usually see a small stream of people walking. Do look for the trams though, at the back of each section is a larger section, easier if you have buggy to get into but you do have to collapse it.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

We never bother with the tram at Epcot as we always manage to park quite close but MK seems too far for us.
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Usually always walk with the stroller as there is a sleeping child in it either on a morning or in the evening.

Last visit made a game of trying to beat the trammers! Usually always beat them as well except at Animal Kingdom when i was parked way out in the boonies!

Battered them on a walk back at Epcot felt all special then went into panic mode when i realised the trammers had lost my daughter! So literally left grand daughter in car seat with son and faster than a jog slower than a sprint run back to epcot. Cast member laughed at me lots for 'losing my daughter' she was being him!
Old 18 Feb 18, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lifes2comp
Excited about Disney

We have always walked with a buggy, just easier from our point of view, probably depends how many of you going and ease of packing/folding up. For two of us and two kids it has always been so much easier just to merrily walk past the people queuing for trams. We don’t mind the walk though I guess.

It really isn’t that far in most of parks other than Magic Kingdom, the latter only because of road layout and having to go around and under the bridge bit.

Epcot, AK and HS really don’t take that long probably 10-15 mins max from most car parks.

My 6 year old daughter now likes to go on but only for the novelty of it and last year one of me and my wife would go on with her at AK in particular whilst the other walked with the buggy as was still easier and nice enough walk, particularly if little one asleep. Rarely had to wait more than couple of mins to catch up at the car.
lifes2comp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List