Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Feb 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
samanthacj
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile Quick Dining Plan Question

Hi

We are staying at the art of animation with the quick dining plan for two weeks two adults four kids aged 4, 7, 11 and 14.

Do you think we would be better paying for breakfast in the hotel each morning kids aren’t big breakfast eaters then use our plan for lunch and dinner ?

Would we be able to use our resort mugs for breakfast to save paying for drinks ?

Thanks
Sam
samanthacj is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Yes, re resort mugs...we plan to use our snacks for bfast and but things like a Danish pastry / cookie for bfast, or get something in parks at Starbucks. On QSDP you get 2 snack credits a day. Or you could share meals too.

Also we will visit Walmart for fruit and cereal bars to have in room.
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I wouldn't pay for breakfast. With 12 QS credits and 12 snack credits per day, you'll easily have more than enough food for three meals a day. Especially if you eat in the resort QS venues where you can swap the drink entitlement for another snack and use your mug for drinks. So for breakfast, I would order 2 or 3 breakfast platters (which I find large enough to share, not being a big breakfast eater myself) and use the swapped sides for pastries or yogurt. That still leaves you 9-10 QS credits for the rest of the day.

Take a look at Vickie's (loves2plan) QS food report for an idea of how much food you get. ETA link: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1013966

Edited at 08:36 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

Your credits will let you order adults meals for all of your meals if you wish to (they don’t distinguish adult/child credits for quick service so is more cost effective to do so). So you can order meals to share between you if you wish to.
Alternatively a lot of people use one of their snack credits for breakfast and then the 2 QS credits for lunch and dinner, that is what we usually do.
I wouldn’t pay for breakfast as someone has said above. You will have more food than you realise, it will be plenty!
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Use snack credits for breakfast and swap meal drinks for sides at the resort and use your refillable mug. Or take some cereal with you and buy some milk. When mine were small we took a couple of the single serve cereal multi packs and some cereal bars in our suitcases and ate lunch early. You can also use all your credits on adult QS meals as the system doesn’t differentiate between adult and kids QS meals and the adult ones will be big enough for them to share. So several options for spreading credits to breakfast or saving them all for the other meals. Me and my 16 year old daughter still share QS meals now especially at burger type places as we just get overwhelmed by the QS portions day after day.
Old 22 Feb 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We get pastries and cereals from Walmart for breakfast, that way we save time by eating in our room while getting ready and use our credits for lunch and dinner. I agree with others though your kids will easily be able to share a quick service or at least 3 between 4.
Old 22 Feb 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

why don't you take some mini cereals with you. my kiddies aren't big breakfast eaters we always do this wherever we go?
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List