Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Feb 18, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

Mobile Charter travel bank transfer

Hi we r just about to pay off our holiday. Charter travel r saying we can pay by bank transfer or card but get charged to use card has everyone else who has booked with charter travel done this pls tia
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

There have been a few threads on here about people not feeling happy about doing this. If you are going to pay by bank transfer, the advice is to send £1 first and get them to confirm receipt so you know you've got their details correct, then send the rest. If you send it all and get the details wrong, then it can be extremely hard to get your money back from the wrong account.

The rules have changed about charges for card payments now, but I believe it does depend on when you booked. Lots of info about it all here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...=Bank+transfer

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Caesar
Trying for More Ears

Hi

I paid Charter Travel a few weeks ago, with no problem. I just made sure all the account details were correct and sent.

I took a screen shot of my transfer from my bank to there account, and sent it to them in an email saying payment sent etc..

I had an update invoice within 30 mins.
Caesar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bexter
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I paid my balance to charter travel by bank transfer. It was easy and no problem. Received an invoice from them very soon after. Although maybe ring them first as their bank details had changed from when I first booked with them to when I paid balance.
Bexter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

From my understanding- credit card charges are not in place any more for any Business.
Personally, I would pay by credit card for the added protection. 👍
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

I set up the bank transfer and just paid £20 to check it got there and my reference info was correct. All went through fast and I had a new invoice within 30 mins. Really easy.
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

The trouble is you lose the protection that you get included when you pay by credit card.

If this business goes bust, you will find it much harder to get your money back.
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
From my understanding- credit card charges are not in place any more for any Business.
Personally, I would pay by credit card for the added protection. 👍
But they are not accepting ccs due to the new regulation. Read the links that Loves2plan posted above.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Saund123
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have always paid my deposit with charter travel by credit card to get the protection and then the balance by bank transfer. Have never had a problem and used them 3 times before and will use again this year.

I’ve had an acknowledgement of the payment within a day at most each time.
Saund123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 18, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

How much are the charges? I would never pay anything by bank transfer. You are always advised to pay using a card if you read any consumer website
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List