Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 30 Mar 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

AVIS/BA Review

I had a flight+car package booked through BA from the 17th to 28th March. I had a premium car booked and I signed up to the AVIS preferred service to try and get the straight to garage treatment.

I arrived at the airport and went straight to the garage, however my name wasn't on the board. Went to the counter and was told my name is not on the board as I have to do the 1st rental and give credit card details etc. She quickly processed the rental, no upselling and advised me that I have been given a Passat. I had prepared to ask for an American car but was so tired I accepted.

On the way to find the allocated car I passed the Swap bay and saw a Bright Orange mustang coupe. The V6 entry version, but still an orange mustang. I didn't expect to see such a nice car in the swap bay so I quickly jumped in to make sure no one took it. At this point I noticed they had 2 other coupe mustangs both V6s in red a Silver Camero R/S and a great big black Dodge Ram Pickup. At this point I was like which one do I want? In the end I chose the Orange Mustang and drove to the exit where I double checked there was no charge and free swap, which he confirmed.

Will choose AVIS from now on as best car hire experience I have had in the in the 7 visits to date.

Edited at 11:11 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

Mobile

We don't use any other companies anymore as have had hassle free rentals from them the last 5 times and another 2 this year. Great to hear another positive review! Hope you had a great holiday
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post

If you add in your Avis preferred number to the BA booking it often gets picked up that way.

This time I have emailed Avis with my Avis booking number (taken from my manage my booking details) - and asked them to cross reference it against my BA Exec number and my Avis Preferred number. Have it in writing that they have linked them now ... so hoping for the best.

I now need to upgrade the car as more people are travelling. This is proving difficult with BA as it would count as a rebooking, so I am just going to turn up and see what they have in the upgrade / swap lane. Will need to drag my DH away from the mustangs, orange or not ! ;-)
Old 30 Mar 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Markpc2013
Imagineer

I might be wrong but I'm sure regardless of linking them you still have to go to the garage on your first time. I know we did!
US 192 - Feb 1994; I-Drive- Feb 07; Fairfield Inn - June 10; Oakpoint Circle V - June 11; Homewood Suites - July 12; Calabay Parc V- June 14; Esprit Estates V - June 15; CBR - April 16; Hyatt Place, Drury's & Bridgewater V - Sept 16; CBR & V US27 - Apr 17; Eagle Pointe V - Nov 17; Lindfields V - Apr 18; Pop C- Nov 19; Universal & Cruise - Feb 20; Rosen Inn & PB- Nov 21; H2S I-Drive - Apr 22; SSR & HI S535 - Sept 22.
Markpc2013 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

What a great swap!

I assume this was MCO, does anyone know if there is a swap line at Tampa?

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mine was linked but still had to go to counter in garage.

avisba/

If you login to the above site it allows you to modify your booking but with no charge from what I can tell.

I tried to get confirmation from BA or AVIS but neither company seems to take responsibility for this site existing?
Old 30 Mar 17, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

So cars in the swap bays are for anyone or are there different swap bays for different level of car hire?
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Brave5 View Post
So cars in the swap bays are for anyone or are there different swap bays for different level of car hire?
I believe you must have a intermediate or higher booking and be an AVIS Preferred member (free to join).
Old 31 Mar 17, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

A nice review. Glad it worked out well!
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Reassuring to know how easy it is.
Dont suppose you noticed the average daily upgrade prices? I too have a car through BA booked but think i might upgrade when i get to the airport