Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 9 Apr 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
yeah its about £100 for 5 of us (got it free last year) but with kids 10, 6 and 3 its heaven.

coffee is flowing and eat as much as you want, cereals, muffins, danishes, hot rolls and drinks, even alcohol - not for us tho.

a good place to keep the monstas contain for a few hours before the flight,

by the time to take off airport brekkie etc I think is good.
Oh £100 ... Getting it free sounds better! How did you manage that?

My 'children ' will be 19 & 17 when we go so I'll just plug them into some device or other hopefully.

The breakfast sounds nice though. I'm quite partial to a Danish !

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by FloridaFairy View Post
Oh £100 ... Getting it free sounds better! How did you manage that?

My 'children ' will be 19 & 17 when we go so I'll just plug them into some device or other hopefully.

The breakfast sounds nice though. I'm quite partial to a Danish !

Xx Ff xX
it was holiday extras "free if" offer last year - done away with it now...

its works for us and id even pay more, DD10 can wander off safely and eat, wee kids can play or watch planes or tv and nibble - mamamouse can go shop and I can chill and drink coffee...

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We always use fast track at Manchester airport but youngest daughter has a special flyer wristband that Manchester airport supply for people with autism. We've used it a few times on terminals one and two and always been through faster than the regular line, we usually travel at quieter season too so I would've thought airport busier peak season.
you can't always tell how long the queues are but when we've gone through every time the regular line is snaked round more than the fast track line and I'm always glad I'm not waiting as long.
They are still just as thorough daughter always gets feet and hands swabbed going out of Manchester and OH usually but never me, staff brilliant they recognise Lilly's band and explain everything to her beforehand in fact now she usually walks through with her palms up lol 😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
it was holiday extras "free if" offer last year - done away with it now...

its works for us and id even pay more, DD10 can wander off safely and eat, wee kids can play or watch planes or tv and nibble - mamamouse can go shop and I can chill and drink coffee...
Totally agree wuth you there, if it works for you then it's a must!

Must be good if you would be willing-to pay more then!
Lol at mamamouse can then go shopping! I think I'd be the one chilling and drinking coffee! Dh and DS took ages looking and buying in some electrical store. I knew I wanted a pandora bracelet and charm ( didn't have one see! ) walked to counter saw bracelet bad charm bought it ... job done!

I like to be there early to get a seat and people watch, whilst feeling happy that I've got the important bits out if the way, cases security etc.

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

people watchin is why we picked row 38 of the plane!

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
We always use fast track at Manchester airport but youngest daughter has a special flyer wristband that Manchester airport supply for people with autism. We've used it a few times on terminals one and two and always been through faster than the regular line, we usually travel at quieter season too so I would've thought airport busier peak season.
you can't always tell how long the queues are but when we've gone through every time the regular line is snaked round more than the fast track line and I'm always glad I'm not waiting as long.
They are still just as thorough daughter always gets feet and hands swabbed going out of Manchester and OH usually but never me, staff brilliant they recognise Lilly's band and explain everything to her beforehand in fact now she usually walks through with her palms up lol 😂
Oh that's good that the airport staff are like that. Do you need to book the fast track or are you able yo use the fast track anyway because of the band?
I suppose it's peace of mind for you too.

Xx Ff xX
Old 9 Apr 17, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Oh that's good that the airport staff are like that. Do you need to book the fast track or are you able yo use the fast track anyway because of the band?
I suppose it's peace of mind for you too.

Xx Ff xX
You just walk up and show the wristband. Staff have always been very good with her everytime that's main reason we fly from there cos East Midlands and doncaster are nearer to us.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Just to add we like to people watch too, we always do bag drop night before so go straight to security anyway but still always head for security a good three hours before flight... I love all the airport build up ❤
Old 9 Apr 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Just to add we like to people watch too, we always do bag drop night before so go straight to security anyway but still always head for security a good three hours before flight... I love all the airport build up ❤
Oh that's fab and do understanding in their behalf.
Yes I like the airport build up too!

Xx Ff xX
Old 9 Apr 17, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Oh that's fab and do understanding in their behalf.
Yes I like the airport build up too!

Xx Ff xX
It's a brilliant service they provide, there's dedicated you tube videos too for each terminal explaining to kids what to expect. They are presented by someone from boyzone whose name I can't remember 😳 but he has a child with autism too. It's been running for a good few years now but if it wasn't for the dibb I wouldn't have known about it 👍X